The online racing simulator
Quote from spankmeyer :The first dude should just stop racing or get lessons from the 2nd. Horrible lines and early apexes aplenty.

hmm i dunno
if u watch f1 onboard vids of Spa
they also seem to take very early apexs, especially in Les Combes - Malmedy - Rivage and the final chicane (cant call it busstop anymore)

and it looks like his lines were better than the others who he was passing lol either that or his car better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8KcT6lpjE

Making a good 2000cc endurance prototype: 70000 brazilian reais
Renting Tarumã racing track for practice: R$4000
Good sets of slick tyres for qualifying: R$5000
Spinning on the "Le Mans style" 12 hours race start: priceless.

Winning the race after that shit: a kick in the ass of the humorists

-
(carey) DELETED by carey
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Just watching the Sandown 500 race from 1988 and they're showing some interesting live telemetry from Brock's BMW M3. Most of the things on the attached images are pretty standard (gear, speed, revs, oil pressure, oil temperature etc), but what's interesting is that it's showing a live reading of the horsepower and torque produced and what looks like a live torque curve.
Attached images
bmw telemetry 1.jpg
bmw telemetry 2.jpg
That's just comparing revs to a known (guessed?) torque/power curve and giving the result. I doubt it's calculated live (because that isn't possible), and I doubt it even takes throttle position into account.

I could do the same thing with my datalogging overlays if you wanted (I'm not actually going to, but I could if I wanted to).
Quote from tristancliffe :That's just comparing revs to a known (guessed?) torque/power curve and giving the result. I doubt it's calculated live (because that isn't possible), and I doubt it even takes throttle position into account.

I could do the same thing with my datalogging overlays if you wanted (I'm not actually going to, but I could if I wanted to).

but could you do that 21 years ago?
I couldn't*. But it's only looking up the power/torque figure from a list using current rpm as the search parameter. Possible ever since the first database query was made...

*For starters, I was only 7, and my understanding of computers was little more than playing on our VIC20.

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG