The online racing simulator
What a funny line he takes on the banking. I wonder why, because it'll lower his speed through the banking (tighter line and more steering lock), and reduce his potential though the following chicanes...
Quote from nihil :Ulster GP 2007. It was wet. Very wet.

Some of those fella's certainly had some bloody big things down stairs
Quote from tristancliffe :What a funny line he takes on the banking.

Yeah but he had more HP than the other guy so didn't have to worry about lines he might have just been teasing the other guy
Quote from kurent :A very interesting track:

Maybe someone will correct me on this, but I believe that's Montlhéry, just outside of Paris. It's drastically shortened from its former glory (If still in use at all... anyone know? This footage looks recent....)
Quote from nihil :'Climb Dance'! That's one that regularly appears on my top ten car movie list...

Ulster GP 2007. It was wet. Very wet. But addicts of Jim Pearson's GPL version of Dundrod might still recognise some landmarks:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1652720080277212671

Really good vid that one, an hour long too, thanks.

Those guys are nutters, the last 10 minutes were great onboard shots.
Quote from nihil :Maybe someone will correct me on this, but I believe that's Montlhéry, just outside of Paris. It's drastically shortened from its former glory (If still in use at all... anyone know? This footage looks recent....)

You're right, it's the Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry. The movie matches the small track map at the French Wikipedia page (the English page is shorter). If my French is any good, the track lost its certification in 2004, but can still be used for track days and other 'unofficial' racing.
Quote from tristancliffe :What a funny line he takes on the banking. I wonder why, because it'll lower his speed through the banking (tighter line and more steering lock), and reduce his potential though the following chicanes...

That banking looks horribly bumpy and it's obviously a track day. Anybody know what though?
Quote from tristancliffe :What a funny line he takes on the banking. I wonder why, because it'll lower his speed through the banking (tighter line and more steering lock), and reduce his potential though the following chicanes...

maybe he was afraid of the other guy braking early and didnt wanna slam into the f40's rear? or he didnt trust his own brakes? sounds like a honda? i could be wrong. infact i probably am.
Not sure if this is true but I saw that video years ago and it was titled Lotus Elise chasing F40.
Gt version of Acura NSX at Japan track. Note the sequential, no lift shifter:

tsunsx.wmv

F1 car at Monza:

mnzaf1.wmv
download it from youtube then?
That is the one with commentary though.. I prefer the non-Murray'ed version
yes, google "youtube download"

Racing videos
(4786 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG