The online racing simulator
LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
There was me thinking compared to everything else this was a really fast developing game (doing things right takes a lot longer than the pitiful attemptes by every other driving software developer on the market), and now you're telling me this is your slowest year yet?

Bloody Marvelous!
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :P.S: If Eric has been able to buy a new house with his part of lfs sales you should have earned much. An house here costs not less then 3 hundred thousant euros...

meh, i don't care how much they earn. All i know is that LFS owns and im loving every little update that they add. Keep it up boys!!
Quote from Rappa Z :the last thing i want is to have a rushed S3

Indeed, we haven't even got the S2 "final" release yet.. So expect some bugs fixed before S3.
By popular request I'll sticky this thread, but only for a week or so. Though I suspect this thread would keep itself at the top of the pile anyway...

Good to hear news about the devs. Does Vic have any ideas what else to do with his life at this stage?
Like I've said in the past, I've got great respect for what you've done; doing it on your own as a small team, and managing to make it successful

Keep up the good work, keep doing all the right things, make life worth living for yourselves, and good luck guys (not that you need it)
Good to hear that progress this year has been exception and things can speed up a bit. Keep up with the guality work and enjoy the ride if possible! It does seem that good things come around for good people. Good luck with the new house Eric, I guess Scawen can help you with plumming and kitchen
Cheers Scawen :up:

Quote from danowat :Whilst it's nice to know how things are going for you, rather than give us the reasons why the progress was/is slow, how about what has been done, what is being done, and what is coming in the near future?.

Or is the post a roundabout way of saying pretty much nothing has been done since the last big patch?

I think you missed the whole point of his post. Updates and news will come in time (after the devs get some RL stuff sorted, as was mentioned), and I imagine they'll warrant their own threads.
So, what was the point of the thread in the first place?.

Real life takes time up from other things?, well thats self explanatory, maybe I am missing the point, but personally I can't see the point in the thread at all, its not telling us anything we don't already know

Dan,
I'm sure someone else can explain it to you. It's late, I'm off to bed.
Quote from danowat :Real life takes time up from other things?, well thats self explanatory, maybe I am missing the point, but personally I can't see the point in the thread at all, its not telling us anything we don't already know

Probably not all of us know this...
Looks to me like a simple explanation for all the frustrated "what's up with the delay of a major new patch" threads that have been popping up.

For the specifics of what's currently at the forefront of development for public release we can always follow the test patch threads.
You may know all this stuff Danowat, but maybe not everyone else does?
You also know how unusual it is for devs of any game to post information like this? Whats the point of the thread?
Talk about ungrateful. Im sorry you cant see it, but it really is helpful for some people.

Thanks for the info Scawen
Thank you Scaven.

I like that fidelity of the dev(s). I thinks thats the point why LFS is so popular.
There is no Team with an Name "EA Sports" or something who brings one patch after the release and afterwards- nothing.

Its good to give yourself the space to spend time with your family. New Ideas for the project are very important.
Quote from danowat :So, what was the point of the thread in the first place?.
Dan,

Progress report about the dev team!

(just take your time with the TBOs and GTRs balancing, and hopefully Eric gets the Nürburgring, Mosport and Laguna seca done by christmas, along with the prototypes, karts, rallycars, rallycross tracks, better menus, better car sounds, better graphics, pit girls, pit girls and pit girls)
#39 - Goop
how often do we see something as pure as this guys??? No coke ads, no crap, just a ****ing good game. Give them time!
well thanks for telling me why progress is going slower, but i still was hoping for a progress report on LFS, not the developers lives (NOT THAT IM EXCITEDY YOUR A DADDY!!! ) Well, at least those complaining about the delay will have some sort of sympathy (if thats what you needed lol?) Keep up the good work i guess
Thanks for the report.. It's good to hear that things are going well to you and your family, and Eric..
I'm sorry if i upseted you with my last thread, it wasn't my atention.. i was reaalllyyy bored at work, so i just wanted to know something about Eric's progress..
Sorry again...
Thanks for the update, captain Roberts!

It's a very nice thing to read about how Eric is doing. I don't remember reading that much info about him in a long time (if not ever)
Quote from Hyperactive :(just take your time with the TBOs and GTRs balancing, and hopefully Eric gets the Nürburgring, Mosport and Laguna seca done by christmas, along with the prototypes, karts, rallycars, rallycross tracks, better menus, better car sounds, better graphics, pit girls, pit girls and pit girls)

You forgot pit girls... and Mosport.

Congrats on the house Eric!
Good to hear from you guys
Don't rush, let LFS be perfect
I'm happy to read that LFS can pay the bills, it surely deserves but it's good to see, congratulations.

And of course, we'll make a visit to that neighbour house to talk about noise reduction.. we'll make them an offer they can't refuse

Congratulations for the new house and everything else!!
Congrats Eric

btw: I didn't know that this was slow
Another reason to look forward to 2007!
Thx for the info Scawen Hope those nabours of yours finally will shut up. And gratz with your new house Eric. Nice to see that our money does come handy sometimes
Quote from SpaceMarineITA :Good work guys!

P.S: If Eric has been able to buy a new house with his part of lfs sales you should have earned much. An house here costs not less then 3 hundred thousant euros...

Well just to be clear : houses in London cost a LOT and the tax man likes to take a big share of our earnings.

So... no, although S2 sales have been good, Eric did not buy a house outright, that would be impossible around here. He did what nearly everyone must do and he put down his deposit and got a mortgage to buy the house. So what does that mean for you? We need to get some good releases out there to keep paying for the rest of it.
Quote from Scawen : We need to get some good releases out there to keep paying for the rest of it.

cheers for the update Scawen. Take your time guys your doing great.

LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG