The online racing simulator
LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
yeha wonder when LFS will look like CRYSIS

And HAVE better sounds!!!
@Devs

I hope LFS continues to be as much fun for you as it is for us. Thanks guys!
Congrats Scawen/Eric/Vic on LFS so far,

Quote :yeha wonder when LFS will look like CRYSIS

When there's a tropical jungle, bunches of soldiers.. and machine guns!
I too demand an Eric house report!!!
Quote from Scawen : You can look forward to many improvements to LFS - graphical, physical and audible.

can we hope to see some videos or mp3 before the full release? I remember the good old times when we had some screens or videos before playing the game : that was always good to dream over what we are going to play/hear/see in the future
Quote from Flotch :can we hope to see some videos or mp3 before the full release? I remember the good old times when we had some screens or videos before playing the game : that was always good to dream over what we are going to play/hear/see in the future

I would like the devs to spend their time to LFS instead of making videos etc.

And it has been made pretty clear that there won't be any progress reports.
Quote from Hyperactive :I would like the devs to spend their time to LFS instead of making videos etc.

I would like the devs to spend some time to make it possible to do non-real-time video captures... And show us the results in a video or 2...
But that's what I would like, and it shouldn't take too much time (but could be done while making the planned replay system changes).
Quote from Hyperactive :I would like the devs to spend their time to LFS instead of making videos etc.

a video is not a progress report, and that does not take a longggggg time to encode a vid from a 1-2 laps replay
Quote from TagForce :I would like the devs to spend some time to make it possible to do non-real-time video captures... And show us the results in a video or 2...
But that's what I would like, and it shouldn't take too much time (but could be done while making the planned replay system changes).

I could be happy with just few lines. But let's not start talking about progress reports. That stuff has been "discussed" many times and the outcome has always been the same.
Quote from Flotch :a video is not a progress report, and that does not take a longggggg time to encode a vid from a 1-2 laps replay

Yes it is. It shows a feature or something else that has been developed but not made public yet = video of progress == progress report.

I won't start discussing about anything related to progress reports simply because there is nothing new to discuss about it/them.

[/my last post in this thread]
Quote from Hyperactive :I could be happy with just few lines. But let's not start talking about progress reports. That stuff has been "discussed" many times and the outcome has always been the same.

Yup... But still it is what I would like
(which was kind of my point, we all like to see something or other, and the only thing we get is what the devs decide to give us. Whether it's what we like or not.)

Oh well... We're all patient enough aren't we? At least we know stuff is still progressing, and the pace is picking up again.
I'm sure there are people in the beta team who would have time to make official teaser vids (when there is something to show at first), I guess currently there isn't much to show.
Hopefully your next thread will be titled 'House and baby progress 2006' and its content will be an LFS progress report

Glad everything is going well for you guys
Yes a teaser vid would be nice, but I remember when the teasers were put on the main page about the BF1 patch and everyday when I came on to check the site to find there was no patch on yet was depressing. So I guess teaser vids will only make us anxious for the patch and piss people off who don't have patience, i'd rather it was just released without warning.
Quote from geeman1 :I wonder when LFS will look like this http://www.sportscarclub.co.za/algoa/20051002/DSCF1085.JPG

And also sound like the real thing too

Are you kidding? Look how fake and square that car shadow is... What a crap game - I think I used to play that one on my graphing calculator.

Quote from deggis :I'm sure there are people in the beta team who would have time to make official teaser vids (when there is something to show at first), I guess currently there isn't much to show.

Lol... we ARE the beta team!
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9869

I very much prefer being able to test the new stuff immediately like it is now, rather than have to sit through a week of teasing!
Quote from Bawbag :Yes a teaser vid would be nice, but I remember when the teasers were put on the main page about the BF1 patch and everyday when I came on to check the site to find there was no patch on yet was depressing. So I guess teaser vids will only make us anxious for the patch and piss people off who don't have patience, i'd rather it was just released without warning.

I agree, it's more frustrating waking up every day and thinking "It's gotta be here today".

I hope it's released without too much hype.
"Here it is" would suffice.
Quote from Dumpy :Lol... we ARE the beta team!
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9869

No, this is the test patch thread, and it has nothing to do with beta testing.
Test patches just contain new bugfixes, sometimes a few new compatible features.

But the beta testers get the new and interesting stuff - new content and physics.
Tose beta testers are just a couple of ppl, around 20, that are allowed to test also new features, like the new Fern Bay, the new Cockpits or the new RB4 and LX models.
Are you sure?
#120 - Don
hmm i understood this sentence propably differently from you...
Quote from Scawen :You can look forward to many improvements to LFS - graphical, physical and audible. We won't give any estimates though, of when any particular patch or version will be out. But we are progressing towards it day by day.

i understood it as SOMETIME in future (S3 ?) there will be improvements to gfx etc. I thought sc didnt have any particular patch on mind, but was talking generally about SOME future patches/releases. But who knows (and no, i dont know anything more than you)
Graphical doesnt obviously have to mean "zomg new eingine!!11".
New cockpits or improved tracks are gfx aswell

@Primoz:
yes I am sure
Quote from ORION :But the beta testers get the new and interesting stuff - new content and physics.
Tose beta testers are just a couple of ppl, around 20, that are allowed to test also new features, like the new Fern Bay, the new Cockpits or the new RB4 and LX models.

Are you just breaking our balls or did you just say something that you weren't suppose to say?
what the heck... new rb4???
Quote from deggis :Are you just breaking our balls or did you just say something that you weren't suppose to say?

Me likes what Orion said..
Orion, was that some nasty joke or what?
now we are all dreaming of a new rb4 instead of naked ladies doing the hula hula in a sauna... or was this just me?

LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG