The online racing simulator
LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
I think the updated models of the rb4 and the lx's were already mentioned a long time ago...
Quote from Paranoid Android :I think the updated models of the rb4 and the lx's were already mentioned a long time ago...

That is correct, they were mentioned around the time of the S2a release.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :That is correct, they were mentioned around the time of the S2a release.

Along with the UFR not being finished IIRC
...thus those are the cars with the least skins as the bodies WILL change!
Yep. Scawen did mention Eric is next working on update Kyoto IIRC, but obv Fern Bay is due for some attention before S2 final. RB4 and LX final models have been promised for a long time. We've started getting the new dashs too. So, he's mentioned nothing we didn't already know was coming.

Orion - not testing out the new LX8 are you? That's be news.
But there's difference Scawen promising that thing x gets updated in the future to someone saying that the beta testers are allowed to test thing x. Though this doesn't matter if Orion was just breaking our balls.
Great news Scawen. Lovely report.
Well done to Eric on his new house, don't worry we'll find it and have a party.
Say hello to little Leo for me hehe.
Nice to hear a report. Hopefully there's more to come. Would be interesting.
Quote from Jakg :one thing that has been promised is updated dashboards, and slowly were getting them (ie the FO8 and FOX)

I realise that, it's just the way he said "We've started getting" which I wasn't sure what he meant... Unless he just meant the single seaters
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I realise that, it's just the way he said "We've started getting" which I wasn't sure what he meant... Unless he just meant the single seaters

read the end of my quote...
Quote from Jakg :read the end of my quote...

I think I better stop posting at work!
I hope we do get all new dashboards. The others look real bland especially the UF1.
The dashboards IMO don't need to be the first thing done.

What needs to be addressed first is TBO and GTR balancing - perhaps this entails superchargers
I agree that dashboards are not the most important things to be done.
I also don't think balancing is the most important thing to be done.
Bug ironing should be done before anything else is done. Then bug ironing the new things. We need it (not like it has many anyway) as bug free as possible.
Quote from Fischfix :now we are all dreaming of a new rb4 instead of naked ladies doing the hula hula in a sauna... or was this just me?

I always dreamt about naked ladies doing the hula hula in a sauna... Now there is an RB4 inside the sauna
Quote from duke_toaster :What needs to be addressed first is TBO and GTR balancing - perhaps this entails superchargers

Agreed, it would bring some new life to those classes.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I always dreamt about naked ladies doing the hula hula in a sauna... Now there is an RB4 inside the sauna

hmm. tat gave me an idea. high res gridgirls. with costume skins.

but on a more serious note i think that the collision with the supersonicspringloaded barriers needs to be rectified. honestly, the only person they dont launch into the air is chuck norris
I like them barriers. They rule. I love being launched into space, as long as I'm not in a race.
Let the devs concentrate (1) on the physics (clutch pack illepall ), (2) balance the cars just after, and in the very last position, the eye-candy
Quote from Flotch :Let the devs concentrate (1) on the physics (clutch pack illepall ), (2) balance the cars just after, and in the very last position, the eye-candy

Devs? Afaik Eric doesn't touch physics which leaves him a lone with the eye-candy stuff.
We need new dashes!! Come on Eric!! *wooohoooo* :static:

We should change dev to worship from time to time
Heh, dev of the month competition, whichever dev gives us the coolest stuff each month wins an LFS-branded jaffa cake. Videod consumption mandatory.
The LFS forum have been truly warped by Jaffa Cakes now haven't they.

Also +1 for Bob's idea.

LFS Progress, 2006
(173 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG