The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :Will there be graphics and night mode in the 0.7E? and how many days left until release?

No, 0.7E will only have what we have in the current test patches, new graphics/lighting is (hopefully) what the next series of test patches will be for.
I believe Scawen said he wanted to release 0.7E sometime next week or the week after.
Quote from neozixxs :xrr should be like that ? Great update btw Big grin i really like the new features

Oops, I forgot to set the layer correctly so it only appears in the road cars. Looking

Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :Will there be graphics and night mode in the 0.7E? and how many days left until release?

No, 0.7E has absolutely nothing to do with the new physics and graphics.

0.7E is planned to be released next weekend. It would be really strange to release something we'd been working on for 10 years without even testing it. I've said it a lot of times now. 0.7E allows me to stop working on mods for a while, so finally I can work on finishing the physics and graphics for the really big release.
Any chance you could delay closing by at least half a second when the lights turn off?
Most cars with pop-ups have a delay to save wear on the motors in case you flash more than once.

Also makes flashing lights weird:
Attached images
popup.gif
Yes. The selector is not removed. Valid for both vehicles. ( flash the headlights ) Translation errors may be. Sorry.
OMG! Finally! I didn't even expect moving parts in LFS
thank you scawen!!! good update today
they're beautiful
<3
Quote from Degats :Any chance you could delay closing by at least half a second when the lights turn off?
Most cars with pop-ups have a delay to save wear on the motors in case you flash more than once.

Also makes flashing lights weird:

IMO XR values are good for racing BUT.. It would be great to have a
1. Angle value
2. Delay value
in LFSE

because we may use it for

P.S.
uh.. steering axis gauge (under pedal axis gauge) is inverted.
Quote from gu3st :I love the idea for them for headlights but I also can't wait to see how people "abuse" the feature to create other unique things.

super pursuit mode KITT mod anyone
thank you scawen this so good update
Never knew I'd be so happy with pop up headlights in LFS.
But I am, this is a great update, Thank you, Scawen!!!
Man this small things makes game so "big", nice one update here! Good job!
Popup lights do not deform with the rest of the car. Yes, I drove straight into a wall, twice, to get this kind of damage. Probably not too important since wheels can appear to not be physically attached either.
Attached images
lfs.png
A little bug when apply a Stop n' Go penalty to AI. They stop for 3 seconds and move backwards til receive penalty for stop to fast.
Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :
uh.. steering axis gauge (under pedal axis gauge) is inverted.

It's FFB force axis... If it's flashing red, u use full power of FFB motor in ur wheel.
Not sure if this is suppose to be expected behavior but new popup sub objects are visible in Force mode
Attached images
LFS_aHXMLxQjFM.png
Test Patch D54:

Lights:
FIX: XR GTR mistakenly had the road car popup lights enabled

Interface:
Pedals are now shown to the left of the list of connections

AI:
FIX: AI would reverse assuming "stuck" during stop-go penalty

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
one day two update wow
Is it possible to give separate commands for pop-up lights?
example ; /light pop on
would be nice to pop them without lights turned on for aesthetical looks if its easy to implement
my game still crashes for no reason, sometimes says could not download mod or something and few minutes after that crashes or while downloading the mod or when someone gets in a mod i havent gotten downloaded
Quote from Scawen :Test Patch D54:
Interface:
Pedals are now shown to the left of the list of connections

But still. Wheel gauge is inverted.
Quote from ScammerGamerLOL :my game still crashes for no reason, sometimes says could not download mod or something and few minutes after that crashes or while downloading the mod or when someone gets in a mod i havent gotten downloaded

If you actually want this fixed, please can you try to do a proper crash report?
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/96121-Please-do-report-crashes

EDIT: I believe I have reproduced and fixed this now. Thanks for your crash report, even if it was incomplete. I know modern Windows doesn't make it really easy to find the crash report, though they are there in the "Event Viewer" which you can find by searching "event viewer" in the start menu.

Quote from Snoop.DriftEra :At first it was the great idea to keep axis' in one place...Schwitz IMO
Bit still. it is inverted.

I don't know what you mean. It looks a lot better to me and I don't see anything inverted.
Maybe have a look at screenshots and possibly talk about it on the original suggestion thread:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106098
Great, thanks!
Hard crash immediately when loading RO3 in single player, with a test mod selected (which should have already been loaded from driving on another track seconds before)

Faulting application name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6574a479
Faulting module name: LFS.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6574a479
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0006b2a6
Faulting process ID: 0x9e34
Faulting application start time: 0x01da2af725933132

Fault bucket 1534772441148394707, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LFS.exe