The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Quote from rane_nbg :did you run lfs as administrator?

in this case it has nothing to do with

out of 4 attempts 3 times it was OK once it was as any333 describes

I'm trying to see what exactly is causing this but I think I'm running out of LFS unlocks Frown

i would look at the moment of overwriting cfg files

PS. i have a version that i update every patch and there it works OK

I was doing a test on:
d:\LFS
e:\LFS
f:\LFS - here was the problem

The only difference is that on disk f I have LFS working normally in the path f:\Live For Speed MOD

for further testing I would need more unblocking
Quote from chezzyboy :did you removed G point meter?

Options - Display - Extra status info

Quote from Pasci :A little translation bug in german (Deutsch.txt). The key isn't mentioned in the string.

Thanks, I've updated it in the system.

Quote from Lucas McFly :I have checked this and confirm

Thanks for the test.

Quote from Lucas McFly :for further testing I would need more unblocking

I've added some unlocks, in case you could test again.

Anyone who wants to run that test, please go ahead. I can give you more unlocks if you are running out. We also reset all unlocks when a new patch is released, so you don't lose anything.

[ EDIT: It seems all figured out now, see below ]
What if the test patch is installed immediately after the original install, without ever running LFS? Can you unlock, download mods and skins?

Could Windows be doing some kind of virus prevention? I don't think anything has actually changed in the code relating to this, since 0.7D. So I wonder if it's more about the way it is being installed. Uhmm
I recreated it and found the cause Smile

the problem is not with mods but with skins

The skins_x and skins_y directories are missing from the lfs/data directory. When I created these directories manually in the game where this occurs - the game works fine (and in the skins_x directory) the files appeared

update

The problem is caused by copying cfg files from another (previous) version of the game. The skins_x and skins_y directory is then not created when the game is first started.

After installing the 0.7D game (before launching), there are no skins_x and skins_y directories. Running the game creates these directories. The same is true for the D62 test patch - the directories are created.

Before the first run - copying the cfg files causes the game to not create these directories and there is a problem.

D63 fix this problem
That is great bug finding!

Thank you very much for figuring that out! Smile
D63:

Graphics:

Spinner objects now stop nicely at the default position
Support for the new light switch options in Editor D63

Misc:

LFS now always checks for existence of some folders at startup

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Quote from Drifteris :D63 Is not a thing, also last bike physics update was patch D46. I drive bikes in LFS daily and i can assure u that nothing changed in physics since then. It must be on your end or it's mod related.

I jumped directly from the d57 to the d62 version and the steering wheel felt slower and lighter, it seems to be easier to fall at low speeds like 40,50km/h, I tested it on the same Chimera X1 bike and that's what felt the most weird
Great, thank you for the testing.

And thanks to everyone for the testing, it has been a long journey but I think it's looking good.
Thank you for the report, I see the alpha overlay of the steering wheel is not drawn when the main object is not drawn. I can probably do a simple fix for that.
Its Very Ecxellent Thumbs up
Quote from mwbeatzz :I jumped directly from the d57 to the d62 version and the steering wheel felt slower and lighter, it seems to be easier to fall at low speeds like 40,50km/h, I tested it on the same Chimera X1 bike and that's what felt the most weird

Yes, there is a problem with steering sensitivity. It got even heavier. There is no problem with my DPI settings. I hope it has nothing to do with test patches. I will check my settings again. I hope it doesn't take me too long to get used to it. Frown(((

Note: I use a motorcycle all the time. I drive with the mouse. In-game settings are either corrupted or it may have something to do with the test patch.
-
(Mohammed KSA) DELETED by Scawen : off topic
Quote from durmazz :The FBM has some shading errors on Force mode.

This is now fixed in D64.
Was wondering if you could add a feature that the high beam/side is in priority instead of low beam when you press 3, thanks
No feature requests now, only "show stopper" bugs.

Development for 0.7E is finished unless serious problems are found.

You can program F keys to do what you want.
/light head high
/light head off
Thank you all very much for the testing.

LFS 0.7E is now available!

Through the rough and the smooth, through the frustrations, struggles and joy. We created this update together.

0.7E: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106306
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG