The online racing simulator
Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
Liking the new features. Keep them coming!
Quote from P V L :Hello, what to do to run the [DS] servers at D50 ? As most people already switched to D50 patch

they cant drive anymore without problems.I looked at hosting, can just set to LFS7D there. P V L

As far as I knew there would only be these rare issues, such as OOS in the known cases listed in the first post. I'm not investigating OOS cases to see if they are the ones described or some other reason. Unless a D50 guest gets an OOS on a D50 server.

I didn't know the new test patch would be so popular. I'm not sure how important it is to bring a test patch into the official server rental system, although it looks more important that I first thought.

Obviously some testing was required. It looks pretty stable but I have had one error reported, don't know if it's something new.

Also I see a lot of "WOULDBLOCK" UDP errors on TC. I don't know if this is due to the higher bandwidth and if I can do something about it.

So the general idea is we are just testing and I need to have a look at issues, and due to the popularity of the patch, it is worth considering if D50 servers should be selectable.

Quote from Bass-Driver :Do the new commands require a new hostversion?

As tankslacno says, these commands need a new version.

Please bear with us, the situation is as I've described.
well the connection list has a scrollbar now, and that makes writing admin commands wich need usernames (right click in connection list) a bit tedious
It was much more convenient when all connections were displayed on screen, so maybe switch to scrollbar above 47 connections and keep old system below that threshold ?
I tested the IS_PLH packet and found a bug. There is no limit validation for the intake restriction value, so I could set more than 50 % - even more than 100 %. When set to exactly 100 %, the sound turns off and when I set it to more than 100, the sound gets quite loud and funny. Big grin

As for the added mass, when I set more than 200 kg via IS_PLH, it says e.g. "Handicaps : 255 kg / 0% restriction" but F11 says 200 kg.

Hi Smile,

Absolutely fantastic update to the Live For Speed Universe Smile, loving the new features too! I love the reality that's coming in to the Simulator.

I know it will take a lot of work but is there any plans in the pipework to allow for more than 40 connections on to the Race Track at any one time? As at the moment you can only have 77 Connections to the Host itself but only 40 on track?

Otherwise, thank you so much for the update to the Live For Speed Universe Smile.
Found weird bug with bike suspension. If you select stock set, make a new one and raise the front to max then pick color, front wheel moves back a bit. Click on setup and it moves forward. Wish it was only visual bug, but once you spawn, the wheel is slightly back. Resetting the bike fixes it, though after some braking, accelerating, not even 100 meters, it moves back.

For Chimera it does weirdly only on Standart and Custom 2 configurations. other 2 configs with golden forks spawn correctly, although they still have same moving wheel bug in garage while selecting colors and setups.

Also i'd like to point out that swingarm moves away from the wheel if you increase the ride height a lot. Well it moves a bit either way just less noticable. But i guess there is no way for it to know where the wheel should be attached to.

Some cars have separate high and low beam headlight units, sometimes even different dimensions.
I think in the future we should do something like multi-material
Far/Near
Only distant
Only the neighbor
Dimensions only
Dimensions/Low/High (For example, in old cars with one round headlight)
Quote from Vladimir_nose :Some cars have separate high and low beam headlight units, sometimes even different dimensions.
I think in the future we should do something like multi-material
Far/Near
Only distant
Only the neighbor
Dimensions only
Dimensions/Low/High (For example, in old cars with one round headlight)

I think some of the ways are already possible - see this post in the editor test patch thread:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/2066300#post2066300
Quote from Scawen :There are currently 4 main ways to set up headlights.

1) Model contains l_head only.
Result: Sidelights, dipped and full beam share the l_head mapping.

2) Model contains l_side and l_head.
Result: Sidelights use l_side. Dipped and full beam share l_head.

3) Model contains l_side, l_head and l_full.
Result: Sidelights use l_side. Dipped uses l_head. Full beam uses l_full.

4) Model contains l_head and l_full.
Result: Dipped uses l_head. Full beam uses l_full.
In this case there is an option: Sidelight can use l_head or l_full.

Quote from Scawen :InSim:

License byte added to IS_NCI packet (after Language byte)
IS_PLH packet sets handicaps for individual players
TINY_PLH - request IS_PLH listing player handicaps

The new SMALL_LCL subtype for IS_SMALL is missing from the list of changes. [FIXED]

Also, all new commands should be added to docs/Commands.txt (including those from D48 and earlier).
Quote from Scawen :
FIX: Auto shift *up* did not work if max power rpm above redline

Since you've mentioned this, I thought I'd bring this upshift problem up.
There are like 10% of cars that fail to upshift on automatic, so I hoped you had it fixed.

ESTO EVOLUZIONE V10
(This car didn't shift up on D43 either btw)

Notice my throttle is at 100% all the time. This car is a bit different to the others as it not just stops at the redline, it reduces the throttle on its own for a long period of time.
One issue I have is getting the AI to pass on the ovals when a car is slightly off pace. I also wish they would race the ovals faster without needing downforce. That's all
Did something change in F9 display? I noticed tyres are shown a bit more compressed/squashed compared to D48
Attached images
f9-display-d48.jpg
f9-display-d50.jpg
I have enabled game server hosting for version 0.7D50 for the moment. You can update your subscription host to that version or if you start an in-game host using LFS version 0.7D50, it will also use that version.

Side note: the hosting system is still limited to 47 slots. We need to make some additional changes to support 79 slots.
-
(vichobmx200) DELETED by Victor : Duplicate post
Quote from Scawen :2) Model contains l_side and l_head.
Result: Sidelights use l_side. Dipped and full beam share l_head.

I have a question about the updated lights. Some mods use both l_side and l_head mapping for the same headlight so chrome parabola and glass pattern both emit, when lights are turned on (an example is in the attached screenshot). Can this be used also in the D50 version, or there is a better approach to make classic 3D parabolic headlights?
Attached images
parabolic_headlights.jpg
Not a super important bug, but it seems the suspension diagram is missing the rims now.
Attached images
Namnlös.png
sticky situation
after the D50 patch i noticed a stutter, more like a stuck situation

when downloading a mod or LFS is requesting mod image or mod list, while spectating and pressing shift + j or shift + p to join or go to garage to pick a car, the garage (vanilla cars images) flash for a split second and sends me back to spectating..
i cant join at all or even pick a car when LFS is requesting something or downloading a mod
I may not have the best internet but prior to D50 i was able to just pick a vanilla car and join when this happened.

here a screen recording.
https://youtu.be/I9_l2UDFu4M
Test patch D51 is now available!

Interface:
F key messages not starting with '/' are added to open text dialog
F key /commands are executed without affecting dialog (as in D50)
Text for lights "dipped / full" changed to "low beam / high beam"
Command /light head now accepts values low/high/low_off/low_high
E.g. /light head low [switch on low beam aka dipped headlights]
New +/- buttons to adjust number of connections shown in N-list
FIX: Mod list request could prevent entry to car selection screen

Misc:
Front fork with adjusted ride height went wrong if colour selected

Dashboard:
Support for new dashboard lights / symbols: sidelights and neutral

Multiplayer:
FIX: Ability to exceed IS_PLH values (will be fixed in D51 hosts)

Translations:
Updated translations - thanks again translators!

Download: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/106005
Thank you for listening to the community, especially the F binds and the lights names.
I've never heard of dipped.

it's High beam/ Low beam in the states

if your southern its brights and lows, not that matters.

also headlight mounted on handlebars no worky work. Didn't know if you knew or not.
Now we just need an option to turn on the low beams automatically when the car is running. Emulate daytime running lights
Thanks for the good work.

I don't want to be pulling a request but on the incompatible branch it would be great to have some basic handling of the electric. Like if you are pulling 200W with all the lights on then the alternator should charge them back from the alternator let's say 400W with 0.5 efficiency.
A
In this case it would be 0.5hp wasted which will not be very noticeable but this way nobody would run lights on for no reason adding to realism.

Other than no bugs noted!
Changing the strings was a good idea, i had not heard of dipped either. I refer to them as low/high beam.

I wanted to mention that it wouldn't remember the last light mode i had.
Reproduce: Shift+3 and set light mode to side. Press 3 twice and it will be set to dipped.

I believe i used the side lights. I just figured it was worth a mention.
Yes, I'm a demo player, but demo players can use the tests too. So don't write toxic messages.

I want to let you know this. Maybe you have an article on this subject, I may not have seen it. When the dipped beam headlights are on, the flash light is not turned on. It may not exist as a system. It would be great if it could be added.

Sorry for any translation errors.
Quote from kristofferandersen :Changing the strings was a good idea, i had not heard of dipped either. I refer to them as low/high beam.

I wanted to mention that it wouldn't remember the last light mode i had.
Reproduce: Shift+3 and set light mode to side. Press 3 twice and it will be set to dipped.

I believe i used the side lights. I just figured it was worth a mention.

That is intentional. Shift+3 cycles through side/low/high beam. Pressing 3 toggles low beam on/off only.
This thread is closed

Test Patch D64
(243 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG