The online racing simulator
Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
Little bug: turn off the ignition (i), then play with the accelarator - it backfires quite a lot for a turned off engine
...there's always one !
VAT DE F00k, The link doesnt work for me..wait..let me try something beside gay firefox
Quote from klbbadd2002 :VAT DE F00k, The link doesnt work for me..wait..let me try something beside gay firefox

all her sites are down right now, and how is an inanimate object gay?
Becky, it seems to me that v2 plays all the different car sounds on 1 car driving FZR. What I actually only like is wavs 3 and 7, is there a way to alter which wav the exe chooses ? I tried empy txt documents with the same filename but that trick didnt fly :P

Btw, great idea for a addon...keep up the good work on this
Quote from Jakg :all her sites are down right now, and how is an inanimate object gay?

Actually, Firefox isn't even an inanimate object, it's a computer program
maybe it uses more 1's than 0's, which makes it gay?
Wait wait...So demo Racers cant use this?
Quote :
Becky, it seems to me that v2 plays all the different car sounds on 1 car driving FZR. What I actually only like is wavs 3 and 7, is there a way to alter which wav the exe chooses ? I tried empy txt documents with the same filename but that trick didnt fly :P

Btw, great idea for a addon...keep up the good work on this

I did, it's called LFS Companion and it's in my sig . To get only wav 3 and 7 make duplicates of those two sound files, delete the others, and start renaming.

Quote :ait wait...So demo Racers cant use this?

I have absolutely no idea, I have no interest in the demo. If it doesn't work then consider it as just one of the many enhancements you'll get when you cough up money. As i'm also an indi software developer, I do kind of empathise with the devs on this one - albiet they make more money...
ahh shieet....hope fully i can get it b4 Christmas or sumthin...
Upon reading this thread it actually seems quite interesting and I might try it later.

But what I was wondering was if the road cars without turbos made as much noise as the ones with, Ie the XRG compared to the XRT, as another common cause of backfiring is the pressure that builds up in the turbo and once the throttle is let off you get a backfire. Where as the XRG shouldn't really get any as it is just a road car.
hey i just downloaded ur program. howcome after i change gear like 5 seconds after it makes a sound? maybe you should have 2 or 3 sounds only rather than sillly gunshot types.eg rev limiter pop,backfire crack and something for the shifting. it would sound much better when you drift when you hit the limiter and hear a deep couple of bangs..?just some ideas. not something id stick with though
Quote from mik22 :hey i just downloaded ur program. howcome after i change gear like 5 seconds after it makes a sound? maybe you should have 2 or 3 sounds only rather than sillly gunshot types.eg rev limiter pop,backfire crack and something for the shifting. it would sound much better when you drift when you hit the limiter and hear a deep couple of bangs..?just some ideas. not something id stick with though

You have a different backfire sound every time in real life, don't you?
yes. but they dont sound like gunshots or tractors or farts.
Quote from mik22 :yes. but they dont sound like gunshots or tractors or farts.

Your post sounds a bit ungrateful? for the time and effort someone has given up to make something for community use. I hope that wasn't your intention

Well why I agree some of the sounds are not perfect and the sounds do come at wrong times etc.

This is a wip and there is a lot of time spent to create it, if you're unsatisfied with the results you can always make your own app or just not use Becky's. Rather than hop on here and criticise her work.

It's dissapointing and demotivating if ppl slag off what is in essence a good app and concept just cause it's not perfected yet, Becky is a valued contributor to the forum and may not finish the app if every demo driver criticises her work.

Offering valuable feedback is one thing, saying it sounds like Farts etc isn't
and AFAIK the sounds were from GTR2 or that maybe in the LFS Companion she wrote.

Just my 2 cents worth
This mod looks cool.

Only thing is I'm using the Q patch so I can use LFSTweak but the mod doesn't work.

I've added the data to the config.txt but they go at the end as opossed to replacing any information it is adding new information.

Does this mod not work with older versions Becky? Or do I need to mod the config somehow?

I have tried adding the data to the end of the config and savign but when I re-open the config file after using the game the data has gone.

Cheers.
Quote from ShannonN :Your post sounds a bit ungrateful? for the time and effort someone has given up to make something for community use. I hope that wasn't your intention

Well why I agree some of the sounds are not perfect and the sounds do come at wrong times etc.

This is a wip and there is a lot of time spent to create it, if you're unsatisfied with the results you can always make your own app or just not use Becky's. Rather than hop on here and criticise her work.

It's dissapointing and demotivating if ppl slag off what is in essence a good app and concept just cause it's not perfected yet, Becky is a valued contributor to the forum and may not finish the app if every demo driver criticises her work.

Offering valuable feedback is one thing, saying it sounds like Farts etc isn't
and AFAIK the sounds were from GTR2 or that maybe in the LFS Companion she wrote.

Just my 2 cents worth

of course not, just some constructive criticism
Quote :Does this mod not work with older versions Becky? Or do I need to mod the config somehow?

LFS only exported the needed information when it introduced outguage, I think this was with patch T.

This mod is no longer on my download server, if you want backfires you can get them as part of the LFS Companion software which has much better backfires and will be enhanced in the future, whereas this mod wont be.
Edit: Nvm
Hey Becky Can you rehost the Backfire Mod So i can download it Please Im Expecting It Today jan 30 2007
Quote from ZACH :Hey Becky Can you rehost the Backfire Mod So i can download it Please Im Expecting It Today jan 30 2007

Just download LFS Companion instead. It has all the backfire features (and more) included.
Give me a link to that Please
The search tool is your friend.
Do you have lfs Compainion
Zach just use the search button...it helps alot

Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG