The online racing simulator
Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
Sorry for double post...

I got a code like this from another forum:

Quote :

Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer

Private Sub Form_Load()

Timer1.Interval = 1

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()

If GetAsyncKeyState(38) = False Then
PlaySound "\scaniaturbosurge.wav", 0, 0
End If
End Sub

That code works like charm, but the only problem is, that I don`t know how to make it randomly load different *.wav files from the given directory. Or how to make it stop the loop.

I tried many tricks which would be logical in my opinion, but VB6 doesn`t co-operate with my mind bobbling programming skillz.

So please guys, pimp my code to make it load randomly different given sound files and stop it from looping. Also needs to stop playing the sound file after I press the button again. Would sound stupid if you drove a truck, changed gears and started pushing pedal to the metal again and the turbo would still howl.

Thank you.
I want to ask becouse i found a wav backfire,turbo,shift, and starter sound but when i put it on lfs it says The wav file is too long and it isn't a 16bit :? Can anyone help

Hiroshi_Fukuda.rar
Complete car
WinRAR archive
2.84 MB

And if u can change it to work and make the engine file like Hiroshi Fakuda 's 240sx
Thanks in advance
-
(moskvich3v1) DELETED by XCNuse : spam
Uuuh, nevermind, didn't read the other posts.
Quote from Kristjan.J :Uuuh, nevermind, didn't read the other posts.

could you make that sound :up: into LFS
No, I can't/don't know how to, I want that file myself too.
nt bring up a dead thread if u want backfire just make a new thread if u want backfire use the search bar i have the file if u want it pm me

ps: it only works on turbo cars
Man i know that.I found a good backfire sound so i post here to remake it for use in Live For Speed

Btw:i have a dump backfire file and a cool Gear whine sound :PP on my XRT
thats what i had but the xrt got removed but i could care less i love the fbm
link is dead :'(
could someone upload. i want this mod too
i want the backfire mod to >< togheter with a s2 license, smokemod and revlimiter XD
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
Can someone please uppload this mod on LFS-database or something? Want it really bad!
My Kingdom for Backfires (William Shakespeare)
Quote from simon2 :Can someone please uppload this mod on LFS-database or something? Want it really bad!

hello backfires friends,

I have uploaded this morning LFS COMPANION of Becky Rose on LFS Database, you have just to wait it appears . . .
thx ALOT =D

plz link to it 2 when it's up ;P
hm.. downloaded it from the swedish database..... dowsn't work 4 me :'(

do i need s2 license ?? or a´nother version of lfs ?? (i have 0.5z)
Quote from Xyron2.1 :hm.. downloaded it from the swedish database..... dowsn't work 4 me :'(

do i need s2 license ?? or a´nother version of lfs ?? (i have 0.5z)

whats the link ill try it
Backfire mod
Quote from Robbo01 :whats the link ill try it

The link :

http://www.lfs-database.com

I upload the folder which contains LFS Companion and a lot of Txt files this morning.

You just have to wait that they Add it in latest files.

I have never tried it.

Don't expect to use it with Z version of lFS.

Uploading in lfs database

This tutorial expects you to have registered. When you are logged in, a "Click here to submit a File" link will appear in the downloads section. Browse to the section you want your upload to appear and press "Click here to submit a File". Fill the form, and ensure everything is compatible with the rules. Then click "Submit file" and wait for the file to be uploaded into your servers. Do not press the button more than once, large files will take a long time to upload. After submitting your file/mod may take up to 3 days to appear in the downloads section.
Back Fire mod
aoh crap! ... well wel.. i'll give it a try
this is all i find.. and it is links to lfs.net wepsite...

Download Live for Speed S2 ALPHA - FULL VERSION Z (133MB)

Required computer specifications:
1 GHz CPU, 128 MB memory, 3D graphics card

The S2 download will function as a demo until unlocked.
To unlock S2, you need an S1 or S2 license (info / shop),
and your computer must be connected to the internet!

Sure it is ALPHA.. but am i supposed to have LFS s2 0.5A ?? 0.5P ???
Quote from Xyron2.1 :Sure it is ALPHA.. but am i supposed to have LFS s2 0.5A ?? 0.5P ???

LFS Companion (version 0.5 Alpha available here) is compatible with LFS S2 Alpha 0.5U which can be found here.
tack felplacerad

EDIT: Thx Felplacerad ^^

Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG