The online racing simulator
Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
My God, Becky doesn't even post here anymore.
I went to the Place where it is and it has a bad host and wont let me dload it
Joen it wont work for me it said poremeters must be positve Just give me the whole zip dont ready for me cause im brainless to know what to do and i cant understand them
some helpfull criticism. I think the sound of the backfire is the problem.. Right now it sounds like a little firecracker....backfires usually have a low pitched "BLOP" noise, not a high pitched "snap".....

Also, you have it to when you shift, but it should be after a few seconds after you let off the gas since after WOT fuel injection engines cant switch a/f fast enough and they go extremly rich and after a couple seconds the raw fuel in the pipes meet oxygen and explodes....just seems like the timing would be alot better if you could have them come off after you let off after a couple seconds....That would also solve the problem that people seem to complain about it poping too much.

Also, is there anyway to make it "gurgle" when you let off? Like, that cutting out sound when you damage the engine in lfs, if that sound or similar sound could come on when you let off would be nice!

Not complaining or b*tching, just throwing out some ideas, I like what your doing, it just doesnt seem right to let off and have it sounding all smooth when in real life it would be gurgling poping and carrying on

Chad.
Hi.

I downloaded LFS companion to try out the backfire mod, but when enabling it and starting LFS thru LFS companion all I get is these messages:

"Insim: Admin password does not match"
"Insim: packet received before ISI packet"

Ive entered the same password I use when activating LFS.
So what am I doing wrong?
Attached images
lfs problem.JPG
go to "start new server" and make sure there is NO admin password
ok, got it to work.

Thx
Download link of the backfire don't work, can anyone re-upload it?

thxz
Quote from BoyGTA :Download link of the backfire don't work, can anyone re-upload it?

thxz

The backfire mod is no longer being worked on or hosted. The best you can do is to download LFS Companion, which has the backfire sound code. Of course, you'd know that if you'd bother to read the thread.
could you send me the file because i cant get it off the link?
yes me too please !! the link is dead
Both backfiremod and LFS companion (included backfire) are no longer working since introduction of X patch.

Becky has indicated they wont be converted.
I liked LFSC because it kind of simulated a pitradio.
oh plz release
Becky has moved onto bigger and better things =) If someone else wanted to work on it and asked Becky nicely she would hand out the code for it? =P
Quote from Viper93 :Becky has moved onto bigger and better things =) If someone else wanted to work on it and asked Becky nicely she would hand out the code for it? =P

Is this your interpretation? Otherwise i am sure some of our programmers would like that?
Any new video preview?
bump
Not Found

The requested URL /backfire.zip was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ME WAN'T THIS MODDY !!!
use CSR that has backfires.
will this backfire work for an xrt turbo?
it would be good as im a demo racer
please can someone tell me if it will backfire
or can someone make one for me so that an xrt can backfire
if indeed it is at all possible.
Does anyone know the VB code for a program like this? I`m trying to create a program which would open sound file after some button is released.

For example, what I`m looking for, would open "/sound/turbo.wav" after up arrow key is released =P Can`t find any help on codes like this. I want my truck in 18 WoS to "TSSHHUUUUUuuuuu" after I release gas pedal
Const SND_SYNC = &H0
Const SND_ASYNC = &H1
Const SND_NODEFAULT = &H2
Const SND_MEMORY = &H4
Const SND_LOOP = &H8
Const SND_NOSTOP = &H10
Const SND_PURGE = &H40
Const SND_NOWAIT = &H2000
Private Declare Function PlaySound Lib "winmm.dll" Alias "PlaySoundA" (ByVal lpszName As String, ByVal hModule As Long, ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long
Const SND_ALIAS = &H10000
Const SND_FILENAME = &H20000
Const SND_RESOURCE = &H40004
Private Declare Function waveOutGetNumDevs Lib "winmm.dll" () As Long

If waveOutGetNumDevs() <> 0 Then PlaySound sound, 0, SND_ASYNC

You probably have to read the keys via GetAsyncKeyState:
Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer

If waveOutGetNumDevs() <> 0 And GetAsyncKeyState(38) Then PlaySound sound, 0, SND_ASYNC

Thanks =)

We`ll see what I can create with that "template" later today. Time to go to sleep. =)

Backfire Mod
(218 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG