The online racing simulator
Select the polygons you want to be a different colour and assign a different material ID.

Check the tutorial on how to this.

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/3D_Render_Tutorial

You'll want the 'Rims Mapping Correction' section and read on from there.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Better then last one, and the pic you found is done in photoshop not in 3d :P
Too many mistakes to point them out :P

thx, and yes is PS but looks great I think.
Quote from Loko VEN :Ok new render. last render was bad... C&C are wellcome again.

It is a difficult camera angle you've taken.

but i like it.
Quote from iFastLT :The work itself looks really good (talking about photoshoped picture) but car

Thx u too!

thx Boekanier
Attached images
Scirocco desert.jpg
Bad ground texture, Vray logo, take that wing off :P
cba to find anymore mistakes.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Bad ground texture, Vray logo, take that wing off :P
cba to find anymore mistakes.

+ Brakes look wrong. Maybe shadows.
como critican estos amigos...

@bmwe30m3: yes the ground sucks, Vray logo I cant do anything, I like the wing...
@Okihuhans: Im using Vray sun, thas the shadows... Brakas are good, that´s inst a problem.
@androd: why a frog? what is ugly?
Quote from Loko VEN :como critican estos amigos...
@Okijuhans: Im using Vray sun, thas the shadows... Brakas are good, that´s

Then go find me a car that is using plastic brakes. It kills the car. Vraysun looks wrong...it has those sunset colours, but daylight shadows. Funny a bit, dont you think ?

Check that.
http://www.cartuningcentral.co ... /2007/08/car-brakes-2.jpg

Dont think that we bash you or comment on purpose and try to make your work look so bad. Its for your development. If you fix those problems and try harder you might do something very real. Maybe next time push 10% more and dont post first render that you make. But try to fix those problems and then when the result is completely OK, then post it here.

Plzkthx
Quote from okijuhans :Then go find me a car that is using plastic brakes. It kills the car. Vraysun looks wrong...it has those sunset colours, but daylight shadows. Funny a bit, dont you think ?

Check that.
http://www.cartuningcentral.co ... /2007/08/car-brakes-2.jpg

Dont think that we bash you or comment on purpose and try to make your work look so bad. Its for your development. If you fix those problems and try harder you might do something very real. Maybe next time push 10% more and dont post first render that you make. But try to fix those problems and then when the result is completely OK, then post it here.

Plzkthx

Are not a plastic brakes. have a chrome material. I will change the brakes.

the problem is that 3d render isnt my profession, I will try more harder.

Thx
Quote from Loko VEN :
@androd: why a frog? what is ugly?

I'm andRo., not adrod. Because it reminds me of a frog, and it looks ugly. The PS skills are amazing, but the car is made ugly, he could use those skills to make crazy things, but that's just me. People have different taste.
Here is my first try, stock model with exchanged tyres and own headlights
Attached images
fzr.jpg
That's a very good for a first try. Not everyone even makes it this good in their 5th-10th try.
Quote from Concept-X :Here is my first try, stock model with exchanged tyres and own headlights

Paint the inside of headlight wall to the same colour as the plastic around the lights. Then it would be better.

Nice result tho.
So earlier I was "working" on FZR project and for some reason forgot it, but today I suddenly realised that it's unfinished so I opened it and finished.

It's really little project (maybe it's not even worth calling it project), just wanted to make some textured details look more realistic.
Also I'm thinking of making it with higher poly count, but let's leave it for the future As you see I didn't bother making a good looking scene,
because I just wanted to show the model itself

Maybe later I'll consider releasing it for the public

Thanks goes to all of you guys, especially:
e2mustang - for sharing this nice sidewall texture;
mogster - for modeling tips;
leonardo555 - for these nice wheels.
Attached images
niu.png
niu1.png
niu2.png
Quote from iFastLT :So earlier I was "working" on FZR project and for some reason forgot it, but today I suddenly realised that it's unfinished so I opened it and finished.

It's really little project (maybe it's not even worth calling it project), just wanted to make some textured details look more realistic.
Also I'm thinking of making it with higher poly count, but let's leave it for the future As you see I didn't bother making a good looking scene,
because I just wanted to show the model itself

Maybe later I'll consider releasing it for the public

Thanks goes to all of you guys, especially:
e2mustang - for sharing this nice sidewall texture;
mogster - for modeling tips;
leonardo555 - for these nice wheels.

Cool but, why don't you use my Enkei from THIS page? It's more detailed
Quote from andRo. :I'm andRo., not adrod. Because it reminds me of a frog, and it looks ugly. The PS skills are amazing, but the car is made ugly, he could use those skills to make crazy things, but that's just me. People have different taste.

The only different is the spoiler on the car... and the rims, so all have an ugly car? or is only the spoiler?

Sorry andRo
-
(andRo.) DELETED by andRo.
New render in a long time. BTW, I don't know why, but this was rendering 38h. It is my personal longest. Before my longest was only 12h. :/
Maybe I added too much samples, dunno.

And I advice you to see the original picture, not edited, because when I edited it, the background fkd up.

Original
High-res

Rims by: leonardo555
Thanks Gustavo for helping me, to separate the rims from the tire, brakes and brake discs.
I like it even tho it's not that realistic. Very nice stance. I wouldn't have patience for that kinda render times :P
Thanks.
Hehe, well I was using my computer while it was rendering. So that might have made it a lot longer. But yeah, I shouldn't put too much samples I guess, before my renders rendered quite fast + I need to download the alpha version or smth. for blender. They say it renders 2-3 times faster.

Not realistic, because I use blender, and I almost don't know anything in it.
Quote from andRo. :Thanks.
Hehe, well I was using my computer while it was rendering. So that might have made it a lot longer. But yeah, I shouldn't put too much samples I guess, before my renders rendered quite fast + I need to download the alpha version or smth. for blender. They say it renders 2-3 times faster.

Not realistic, because I use blender, and I almost don't know anything in it.

For who doesn't know anything of Blender it's awesome
If I were you, I'd try to render in 3ds max, It's much better.
Uhm, need some help.

So I just found that I still have 3ds Max 9 on my PC. I thought I should try some renders of LFS. Thing is, the tutorial in LFS Wiki uses Brazil, but I cant get it to work with my Max 9.

What other render engines do people use?

And also it would be nice if there would be some kind of tutorial for it, or maybe someone could quickly type it up in summary.

Thanks.

Edit - I downloaded a scene from http://ds-autos.digiserv.net/scenes/lfs (FZR). However, when I try to render it with "Mental Ray" It greets me with a bunch of errors.

(See attachment)

"Halp"
Attached images
redner.JPG

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG