The online racing simulator
Sometimes, I find it a pity we can't ban people for being outrageously thick...
Quote from Rdcranno :Anyway lets stop this discussion now. and back to the all important president crap.

+1

I'm at work right now and this is a great time killer.

Don't consider any of this personal attacks. This is just a fun debate
Quote from tristancliffe :This is priceless. I thought it was only people in Hollywood that thought America did much good in WWII. But no, here we have living proof that Americans are stupid!!!!! History is a word ne'er spoke in Americaland (and only partially because they don't have any).

If I had a missile I'd be pointing it at the US. I would certainly encourage anyone I knew to do the same.

I hope not all brits think alike. I'm not gonna argue with stupid.

You're right America did nothing in WWII.
Quote from major_syphillis :I hope not all brits think alike. I'm not gonna argue with stupid.

You're right America did nothing in WWII.

Get off your fking high horse, Im not bashing the USA, America secured the victory. But don't think im going to lick your ass cause of it. Get your facts right and we can have a discussion.
Quote from Rdcranno :Get off your fking high horse, Im not bashing the USA, America secured the victory. But don't think im going to lick your ass cause of it. Get your facts right and we can have a discussion.

lol im not asking anyone to lick my ass

I just love all this anti US thinking by everybody and their mothers.

Anyway, I'm moving to Canada next chance I get
Well, if you think it's "anti-americanism" to point out that it wasn't GI Joe that won WW2 singlehandedly, then yeah, I am anti-american too.

And if you don't like "communist" Obama, I doubt you'll be happy up north. Additionally, moving to another country doesn't make you less "american".
Quote from ColeusRattus :Well, if you think it's "anti-americanism" to point out that it wasn't GI Joe that won WW2 singlehandedly, then yeah, I am anti-american too.

And if you don't like "communist" Obama, I doubt you'll be happy up north.

Never said that we singlehandedly saved the world, you guys take this way to serious. Originally, was saying that America is a peace keeping nation and pointed that we helped the allies in WWII.
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno
Quote from major_syphillis :Originally, was saying that America is a peace keeping nation.

There is no such thing and there never has been such a thing as a peace keeping nation. It's an impossibility.
Quote from Rdcranno :Anti-US? Look, ive said before, I like America.

What i dont like is people like you getting facts wrong to suite their nationality. I cant weigh your county up, some of you are highley intelligent who have a open mind, then you get idiots like you who try to convince me that i owe you something. if you want to play like that then lets look back in history and you'll see that is us (europeans) that you owe, otherwise youd be still dancing around fire trading blood.

LOL - the funny thing is that I was born in europe and do have dual citizenship No one in america is american, except indians.

Again, by me trying to defend the US, you are saying that I am implying that you owe me something, which I am not nor have I said anything remotely like that.

Plus, I have not called anyone any names, but have been repeatedly called names by you guys.

Back to the original point.
Well atleast we agree on something

Back to the the original discussion.
Why do you guys think that the markets drop again with the news of Obama being elected?

Quote :The FTSE 100 index of leading British shares was down 180.42 points, or 4.0 percent, at 4,350.31, while Germany's DAX was 214.99, or 4.2 percent, lower at 4,951.88. France's CAC-40 was down 145.06 points, or 4.0 percent, at 3,473.05.Europe's losses echoed those seen on Wall Street Wednesday and in Asia overnight. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 486.01, or 5.1 percent, to 9,139.27, while the Standard & Poor's 500 index shed more than 5 percent.
It's not expected to get much better later, with stock futures down. Dow futures were down 107 points, or 1.1 percent, at 9,070, while S&P futures were 12.9 points, or 1.4 percent, lower at 945.1.
The losses on Wall Street triggered a renewed bout of selling in Asia with Japan's Nikkei stock average down 6.5 percent at 8,899.14, and Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index 7.1 percent lower at 13,790.04.

Rage....
Quote from major_syphillis :Why do you guys think that the markets drop again with the news of Obama being elected?

Gee I don't know, maybe because we've been in one of the biggest economic crises of the century for a while now? Damn that Obama, he's making it worse already, amirite?
Quote from major_syphillis :

so russia helps start the war and then helps end it... sounds right lo

Russia only signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact to buy time, because at the time the soviet army just was not ready for war and needed time to prepare.

And the modern Russia deploying missiles to Poland. Well, it has nothing to do with Obama being elected that is absurd idea. That missile shield, and the Russian counter missile deployment has been going on for a while, way back when Putin was still on charge. Russia is stretching it's powers to it's nearby neighbours with it's oil money. US showed the example that you can do whatever you like and the international community can't do anything. Russia attacking Gearogia was a good example, of course they've had their own war "on terrorism", which has been used as excuse just like US. It's scary how close US and Russia politics actually are (I hope it ends) and funny how Russia is mostly considered to be the evil one, when body count with US is higher.

The communist leader Obama is also a funny concept. Do you even know what communism is? Sosial-democrat might be the right world for Obama, because that what the changes you think he makes sound like. Ok, it's on the left, but it's far away from communism. Their idea is to support the workers and the middle classes, the major part of the populus. Don't confuse it to communists though, well, you already did but don't. Funny how some people still think evererything slightly left is evil. But I guess, to be fair, there is almost the same amount of people who think enything right is the work of a devil. Which is why your political system isn't really that smart.

edit: Well, all I got to say is LOL for the market drop Obama made. What a bastard he is...sigh

edit2.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Fat Chance!

Yes, I think I was being overly optimistic about that. But I still like what you did with the fat there.
Where's Becky when you need her?
Quote : Where's Becky when you need her?

Two infractions and a snotty comment off a dev is where I am. No further comment, on anything really. Just a lurker now.
Becky, Why so serious?
-
Quote from major_syphillis :whos talkin about using nukes?

someone needs a lesson in history. battle of britain? operations sealion? Maybe they never fully mobilized cause someone came to help, but it was inevitable.

Without US intervention, all of you guys would be speaking German right now lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Sealion

The same guy who says we 'saved the world' in WWI has no right to tell anyone they need a history lesson. Foreigners do attempt to marginalize our participation in WWII, but at the same time so do we and so does everyone else. Truth be told every country put their full might into the effort so squabbling about who did what is kind of pointless. (And besides whatever you think of the USSR, they played a HUGE part in victory with their strength in resources both human and natural.)

And the idea that we should act unilaterally as 'world police' is entirely laughable. I think you may have been brainwashed by our defense industries. Trying to say that Obama will lead us to Marxism is quite insane. Trying to lay the blame for the tit for tat going on in Poland/Russia with missiles on Obama's feet is absurd beyond belief. And trying to say a volatile market that drops on pretty much any major news is Obama's fault is ridiculous. You're telling others they need to broaden their views, but I think you need to open your eyes a bit.
-
Quote from major_syphillis :Ok this will be great to hear, how did Russia save Europe?

Ahem... Cause the Russians fought on the largest front, and suffered and caused more casualties than all the other Allies combined. They forced Hitler to reinforce the Eastern front, leaving Northern France open for the Normandy invasion. They defeated Hitler's armies in the East and advanced on Berlin, forcing Hitler's suicide and helping to end the war.
Quote from major_syphillis :Why do you guys think that the markets drop again with the news of Obama being elected?

Because the current president has left the US economy in such a dire state?

Quote from major_syphillis :
This is just known. Now with Bush out of office and a very liberal anti force president, no one has any fears. UK and almost every country faces terrorist actions. Whos gonna step up and fight terrorism now? Not Obama.

Oh please, of all the reasons we've got Iraq one of them is not because we genuinely invaded on the grounds of stopping terrorists, it wasn't even the original excuse given. If you're genuinely worried about terrorists then they've worked, they pose no real risk at all, there are all manner of things that pose a greater danger and starting silly wars and panicing about them is the only way they can spark mass fear into a nation of idiots and achieve their goal.

Quote :
maybe your right. but atleast McCain would be ready for whats to come. Now Russia knows that Obama has got no knowledge whatsoever about "war."

Whilst he may be able to roll a stupid motion to invade random countries through the support of stupid people who support anything if you do enough flag waving (wasn't McCain's biggest applause after he basically said he would put his country first, as though Obama wouldn't?), the president doesn't really have any role in defence other than pressing the button if it gets bad, he should listen to his advisers who are meant to know far more than him about the specifics of war and generally not being a gunslinging wannabe war hero is quite a desirable feature. The fact so many Americans mindlessly vote Republican is startling, it almost defeats the point in having policies and open politics, just vote for your favourite mindless idiot to lead you. There seems to be no shortage of interviews of simple Southern voters who seem proud to declare they always have and always will vote Republican.
Russia saved Western Europe. Eastern Europe rotted under communism for over 40 years.

And they wouldn´t have done that without Hitler´s incompetence and American supplies.
Quote from Kalev EST :Russia saved Western Europe. Eastern Europe rotted under communism for over 40 years.

Fair point.
Almost forgot, is there somewhere I can download Obama's speech? I fell asleep after watching McCain's, rather dull, but in fairness very honourable concession speech. The BBC has the whole thing on their website but my connection isn't good enough to stream from the BBC and I don't fancy watching it in youtube quality
Quote from major_syphillis :Anyway, I'm moving to Canada next chance I get

Pretty sure Canada doesn't want you, man.

Welcome to the ignore list.
Something we have to get right in here, Georgia was the aggressor, they used US training and assistance and directly targeted Russian civilians, which is a war crime. The Russian response was heavy handed, and it was clearly a message to the USA. Russia does not want a new cold war, their economy is strong, they have plenty of energy resources, they hold all the cards. The USA is in massive debt, its military is stretched thin, and they are 20 years away from an energy crises.

I love the way some people scream COMMIE! When even the most liberal American politician would be considered conservative in the rest of the world.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG