The online racing simulator
Just want to know how to put a shadow in Vray?

newbie here in Vray
hi all
please i need some help!

can anyone tell me, where i can download rims? ( for Blender )

... what´s the best pogramm for 3D Renders ?

thx =)
---
Inter| kart608
Quote from Deejayyaj :Just want to know how to put a shadow in Vray?

newbie here in Vray

Lol, you cant put a shadow. You have to modify settings etc for that. Ill send you a PM. You have blocked that so....
Quote from okijuhans :Lol, you cant put a shadow. You have to modify settings etc for that. Ill send you a PM. You have blocked that so....

I tried all the setting in Vray but it keeps on messing the scene lol
when ever i render the scene there's no shadow under the car...
hahaha lol what im I doing wrong

But the car is quite ok.
just put a something under the car, then a light in the scene, like in real life...
Quote from tikshow :just put a something under the car, then a light in the scene, like in real life...

here we go again tikshow, before it was the Brazil im having problem with, but its ok now.

And now im with this Vray... lol
You dont need plains, just check my PM :P Lets do that in easier way.
Quote from Deejayyaj :.

the scene looks dark because you can't see trough the lights
first try to make that tutorial: http://www.cgarena.com/freestu ... rials/max/studiolighting/
then make different environment, and different position and angles for the lights it isn't hard, good luck! - just the answer for your pm, because i can't send it for you, for some reasons
okijuhans very nice renders!! got a new wallpaper now
=)
hey! thx ths site is really nice! but i think i need an other pogramm

can i anywhere download autodesk3D max or something like that for free ?

--
Inter| kart608
blender is free, other programs from "other" sites
thx m8 =)
@Tikshow
@okijuhans

Thanks for the info fellas... I'll try those links you gave.
I'll soon post my scene result when ever it is done.

@kart608: here's a free Blender --> http://www.blender.org/
Quote from BastianB :okijuhans very nice renders!! got a new wallpaper now

Thank for the kind words, but I am still working on them Maybe soon make some real wallpapers 2560x1600 etc. And hopefully I can get my car to outside. Some outside renders. Stay tuned.

I personally like to thank tikshow and liner32 and samyip, who gave me some good tips for improvements.
Quote from okijuhans :Dont want to offend anybody, but thats typical - http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=51294&d=1205415925 . As you can see in real life you have not such blue windows and that line.

Dissapointed a bit right now. How I can fix problems, when nobody says whats wrong.

And I am not saying that all Brazil renders suck, but default scenes are not so great. IanH made terrific job.

The blue reflections was a bad mistake on my part. My aim was simply to give the windows a blueish tint, like many "higher class" cars do have (although this is often more greeny than blue, admitted), except IIRC, I made the reflection colour blue rather than the actual material colour, which is why there's always such difference between the part hit by the reflection plane and parts that aren't. That said, back when I did the original scenes.. I was all but a 3DS n00b and didn't really know too much (same reason for the crappy looking "chrome" wheels ).

I did fix this look later on with some of my own renders (albeit in VRay and overhead plane still used (well, actually a vray light but same effect) and not quite ideal looking, but a bit better):

but never got around to redoing the brazil scenes

Thankfully, most people now that still use my original brazil scenes have modified them heavily and improved them a great deal

Regards,

Ian
-
(okijuhans) DELETED by okijuhans
Quote from okijuhans :http://pes.pri.ee/kraam/XRR_glassAtest.png

Lowres glass test. Its visible now and a little better. Working hard to make those texture lights in real glass.

real cars doesn't have smooth surface on it's light glass, so make a "coarse" thing behind that glass with the glass material and maybe it will looking fine
=)
thanQs thanQs thanQs thanQs thanQs

now i have one more question! =) ( the last one! i promise ) =)

is there a pogramm which can convent .max - files into .3ds - files ?

--
Inter| kart608 -- sorry for my bad english! =)
Use 3dsmax for example. File - export can convert your files into 3ds.
=s
but i can´t open .max files with Blender !

-> i have a .max file ! and want to open it with Blender , but that´s not possible so i have to convent it !

u know what i mean ?

---
Inter| kart608
well he just answered you......

you have to use 3dmax to do that, no program can convert max to 3ds, max is a scene file and contain more than just model and material information.
=)
oH! yeah! aha =)

ok thanQs to all =)
=)
hy guys ! it´s me again!

i think i´m to stupid !

can anyone of u convent this file for me ? pls =S

( into .3ds )
Attached files
BBS_WHEEL.zip - 727.1 KB - 178 views
No idea if it went good, looked wierd :S
Attached files