The online racing simulator
@LineR32: Are you releasing these awesome lights?
-
(r4ptor) DELETED by r4ptor
My little mental ray rander,i know its small
and a lil test at chamelion paint in mental ray
Attached images
FZ_Mental Ray.jpg
FXO_Chamelion.jpg
My first post with renders in here didn't get noticed.. thats sad :weeping:

Oh well, I'll just spam some more then - closeup render is an old nearly-done-WIP shot.
Attached images
3id_3_logo_Render_0000.jpg
3id_alll_0006.jpg
Quote from LineR32 :

[ snip ]

Any one know how to fix the shadow under the car?

Is Mental Ray more resource hungry than the likes of Brazil and VRay?

I've seen that effect once before.. when using the frosted reflective floor materials I released for Brazil ages ago. It seemed to get worse the more the box was used while rendering was happening in the background.

Unfortunately I never found out the _real_ reason for this.. maybe it is a setting and not resources, but alas................

Regards,

Ian
Quote from bmwe30m3 :My little mental ray rander,i know its small
and a lil test at chamelion paint in mental ray

It doesn't seems that you have indirect lighting in your secene, the interior look too dark. Did you turn on FG too?
Quote from LineR32 :...Any one know how to fix the shadow under the car?

Check the size of your car to start with, (against your world measuring unit) Object too large or too small could results like that.

I think this problem happen on earlier version of max most (i.e. max 7), the newer version of max (i.e. 2008 with newer MR) don't seems to have this problem. However, you still can get round the problem because I had that once too, and I managed to change some settings (can't quite remember what now) and it went away.

Also, I will use the MR light with raytrace shadow. It seems work best in MR. The MR with shadow map sometimes gives you horrible artifacts.

Try download this scene and check my settings if you like, because I had that in this scene then I somehow solved it (or reduced it).

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=636687#post636687
Quote from samyip :It doesn't seems that you have indirect lighting in your secene, the interior look too dark. Did you turn on FG too?

Say what`?
Thanks Samyip.

I'm gonna have a look at SMCars forum a little later on, to see what I can find out about MR and other render engines.
It's still work in progress, and mazda wheels still doesn't fit it IMO.
Well, anyways, here it is atm ..
Attached images
wiprimsdoesntfit.jpg
rear bumper still missing?
i think the wheels fit, looks straight like a mazda
Lot of people said that there is no need for rear bumper, it looks already good without it, because i added some stuff under car ( Springs, ''transmission'' and stuf .. )
Enlarge wheel arches, soften the front intakes and it's perfect

but... what happened to the wipers?
-
(feat) DELETED by feat : Check next post
They are floating in air, lol, i got to work on them.
Well, the idea is like, they are stoped in half way. Dont tell me that you haven't seen it in real life.
Well, thanks about suggestions. I will try !

Quote from Gustix :Just testing studio scene with Jonaz Lindberg skin (Blender)

I want those rims and tyres for 3ds badly.
It might be a good idea to get rid of those 86 lights and make some from the XR's origonal body, like I did.
Wait. Like, you mean, to make same open eye - lights, just with shape of XR's lights are really in game ? Well, thats the same what i thaugh once.
Sorry for my english, lol.
I did upload the XR's with open headlights that I made, you can find them in the Scenes and Meterials thread.
Since it has been a long time since I made something new I decided to finally release my latest work..
Attached images
Team GLOW.jpg
Ok, pay some attention. I'm trying to realise your sugestions, looks quite nice.
Attached images
gdmyite.jpg
gdmtyte.jpg
I think I saw that somewhere..

If you mean this It was Line's work.

Not sure though...

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG