The online racing simulator
awesome !!
sweeeeet
i just dont like the too reflective part of the rear spoiler and the nonsmoothed tyres
Quote from XCNuse ::/ looks good morrow.. but those tailights are.. frightening looking, really puts down the rest of the car imo, the turning signals and reverse lights look like there is no depth to them at all
also, the mirrors.. look like a parabola, they should be flat (does look good with them inside the 'capsule' more though

:/ those brake lights though lol.. maybe i should put something together about those

Well yes, a lot of things can be improved...question is, why bother
Right now FZR lights are quite good compared to original ones. If we deside
to improve lights...we have to improve whole car also. And that's biiiig work
Quote from MorroW :Taavi,
But now something from MorroW Designs.

Hehe, this car looks familiar to me. I was planning to make a post about your renders here, but you beat me at it

Quote from XCNuse ::/ looks good morrow.. but those tailights are.. frightening looking, really puts down the rest of the car imo, the turning signals and reverse lights look like there is no depth to them at all
also, the mirrors.. look like a parabola, they should be flat (does look good with them inside the 'capsule' more though

You point at the imperfections of the mirrors & taillights and of course MorroW could make better looking mirrors & taillights . But that would be just the top of the ice berg. The interior should be redone, in fact to make a car look excellent at these resolutions the whole model should be redone or highly refined. All shapes should be a lot smoother. That's a lot of work and in the end you'd probably end up with a great looking model for which the game skins no longer exactly fit. Then every skin would have to be adapted just for the renders. I think that's going a bit far.

Ok, but then why the cool rims and not better taillights? Even from at a distance the rims are clearly visible and the default LFS rims don't look spectacular at all. MorroW Designs' rims completely change the look of the car whereas better taillights and mirrors are more subtle cosmetic changes.

Also, let's not forget that most people asking MorroW Designs for renders are only interested in renders at screen resolutions, or will resize the images for use on their websites and such. At those resolutions the imperfections don't come out so clearly. Looking at the high resolution renders, the model' imperfections are clearly visible, but I will print them to A4 format. That's a lot smaller than 1:1 on your computer monitor so the imperfections will be less visible.

I'm not saying MorroW shouldn't improve the models (I told him that myself too :P), but it's like he said: what's the point of it? It would detach the cars from the game Live For Speed.

I asked MorroW only to do 1600x1200 renders, but he proposed to render at these high resolutions because I wanted to print the final renders on A4. The final renders took 17 hours, but he spent a lot of time with me finding the best camera angles and fixing small (but visible) errors in the scene. I really appreciate the work MorroW put into it. He could just as well have said 'bugger off' or rendered at my requested 1600x1200 with his old default scenes and camera viewpoints (which contained a few errors and would probably have been too dark for my skin). Instead he spent a lot more time on it than I wanted him to, but in the end I think the results are excellent and I'm very grateful to MorroW and his team.
it wouldnt detach them from lfs, i've done it before..

plus it wouldnt render the skins useless.. its called UVW Mapping lol you can map it.. exactly the same way

but i still dont get your post.. is it FOR, or AGAINST my post?
Yes, everything is possible in 3D world...but why? Just for fun? Haha...after I put up those 3 Crankshaft.be renders, I got 4 render requests...add there few bigger projects and well...we don't have to worry about not having work to do

So, remaking car is nice idea...but we don't simply have time for than in near future.
Quote from XCNuse :it wouldnt detach them from lfs, i've done it before..
plus it wouldnt render the skins useless.. its called UVW Mapping lol you can map it.. exactly the same way

Well, I don't know much about 3d rendering. My best work was a slightly edited dS Autos scene - which wasn't much

So I stand corrected.

Quote :but i still dont get your post.. is it FOR, or AGAINST my post?

It was neither for, nor against. You have valid points, I won't deny that. But so does MorroW. Besides, I am happy with his renders and I think that's the most important thing. I'm quite sure MorroW will improve his work and models over time, but for my needs it's excellent at this point. At A4 printed size the imperfections of the model are neglectible at normal viewing distance. It's supposed to be decoration, not some hyper realistic prototype rendering
ok lol well im just trying to really point out, with headlights (which although could use a little touching up) and nice wheels, the brakelights look extremely out of place
nice nice nice
u could have smoothed the rims reflection a bit though..
LOL, thanks Ramtech. I think that I am picking up a theme with your comments. Good but,something to do with reflection, something to do with tyres
-
(BlackMan) DELETED by BlackMan
Yesterday i did one of the best renders in my life, and i did wallpaper for DFH (Drivers From Hell) but is not so great quality because i have demo of brazil ((
Attached images
FZ_ORANGE.jpg
FZ_ORANGE1.jpg
DFH_FZ5_PROMO.jpg
My first proper go, its on a ds-auto's scene but you need to start somewhere. Our team skin on a FO8. Any constructive critisicm?
Attached images
FO8.jpg
ever heard of passengers?
Oh yeah, i forgot about passengers
...? thats an RAC?
Quote from BlackMan :Yesterday i did one of the best renders in my life, and i did wallpaper for DFH (Drivers From Hell) but is not so great quality because i have demo of brazil ((

Ohweeee i love that rims
Quote from BlackMan :Yesterday i did one of the best renders in my life, and i did wallpaper for DFH (Drivers From Hell) but is not so great quality because i have demo of brazil ((

those rims are to die for!
Quote from BlueSkunk :righteous,

could i be so bold and ask you to do a render for me? maybe something along the lines of this: http://upload2.postimage.org/cars/a_r_s_e/182779/car.html

i'd appreciate it very much.

Sure thing .. Little busy at this very moment but I will get it done as soon as I have some time. The skin looks great
Here you go, I have to go now, but if you would like a larger one let me know. Hope u like

I can change the camera angle for you to if you like.

EDIT added a couple more. Your lucky that this is my first renders with the FXR and I was testing some things
Attached images
fornow.jpg
Bigger one.jpg
Notbad.jpg
OK, here is one more. Just playing around. I figure you may as well have it. Cos im about ot delete it off my hard drive

Fully Sick Bro

Someone might appreciate it......maybe.......LOL
Attached images
Ricer FXR.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG