The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
There's a point or price bracket when sure you can say it's money not very well spent, but remember each and every component that make up a stereo system adds to the price not just the head unit.

For the head unit sound output and quality does not vary so much from one product to the next, so money will be spent on extras like GPS and integration of the unit into the car.

Expensive speakers have a very clear distinguishable sound from the cheaper counterpart as its a fact that the more expensive speaker is built to reach tones and frequency's outside of the range of the rest. At the high-end price scale(As you all know)in-car pressure is taken into acount by the speaker.

The point at which money is thrown out the window is where someone buys the smartest looking system in the catalogue and plays a 128kps MP3 on it.

So, I don't agree that outside noise is an excuse to cheap on an audio system because noise will "get in the way" of hearing the song....why can't you just turn it up?
Quote from CSU1 :So, I don't agree that outside noise is an excuse to cheap on an audio system because noise will "get in the way" of hearing the song....why can't you just turn it up?

its been a while since ive last been to ireland and at the time i wanst in driving age so i dont remember the irish standard of driving but generally youre supposed to be able to hear whats going on around you behind the wheel as opposed to being as oblivious to it as massa is
Quote from Shotglass :its been a while since ive last been to ireland and at the time i wanst in driving age so i dont remember the irish standard of driving but generally youre supposed to be able to hear whats going on around you behind the wheel as opposed to being as oblivious to it as massa is

...I don't remember having to give proof of hearing test to hold a license no, pretty sure is the same in the UK
yeah you dont but as a general rule the louder the bass you hear from another car is the more rubbish the driver will be
Quote from Shotglass :yeah you dont but as a general rule the louder the bass you hear from another car is the more rubbish the driver will be

Can you prove that?
Quote from Shotglass :yeah you dont but as a general rule the louder the bass you hear from another car is the more rubbish the driver will be

And the louder you listen to lossy compressed digital audio, the worse it usually sounds.
Proof?

Stand in a city near a road. Look at the driver of cars with heavy bass. Almost without exception they will be in a car worth £5, have greasy hair stuck to their foreheads (or a baseball cap), and quite possibly a Burberry bodykit. In other words they will be a chav. Another sure sign is a "<local town> cruize" sticker somewhere on the car. Guaranteed low IQ.

And chavs (by evidence of their lack of brain) never make good drivers (or cyclists). Ever.
Quote from tristancliffe :Proof?

Stand in a city near a road. Look at the driver of cars with heavy bass. Almost without exception they will be in a car worth £5, have greasy hair stuck to their foreheads (or a baseball cap), and quite possibly a Burberry bodykit. In other words they will be a chav. Another sure sign is a "<local town> cruize" sticker somewhere on the car. Guaranteed low IQ.

And chavs (by evidence of their lack of brain) never make good drivers (or cyclists). Ever.

Not always, you dont have know decent proof or evidence that has been carried out so I am not taking no notice. I have seen a guy in Plymouth who had a car with loud bass with his business advertised over the car and he was also in a suit, not a chav in my eyes lol.
Quote from sam93 :Not always, you dont have know decent proof or evidence that has been carried out so I am not taking no notice. I have seen a guy in Plymouth who had a car with loud bass with his business advertised over the car and he was also in a suit, not a chav in my eyes lol.

That's called a "cock"
LOLZ @ Tristan:
Quote from sam93 :Not always, you dont have know decent proof or evidence that has been carried out so I am not taking no notice. I have seen a guy in Plymouth who had a car with loud bass with his business advertised over the car and he was also in a suit, not a chav in my eyes lol.

Perhaps he was a subwoofer salesperson?
Whilst it is unlikey a chav would ever wear a suit without being forced into it by his over-protective parents, there is no physical reason why a chav can't wear a suit. It could be that the chav-in-a-suit was on the way to court for crimes against the gene pool and merely wanted the judge/jury to not convict him on sight.
Quote from tristancliffe :Whilst it is unlikey a chav would ever wear a suit without being forced into it by his over-protective parents, there is no physical reason why a chav can't wear a suit. It could be that the chav-in-a-suit was on the way to court for crimes against the gene pool and merely wanted the judge/jury to not convict him on sight.

So in your eyes, if you have a subwoofer in your car it makes you a chav, lets hope you dont buy a car brand new with a sub in as standard, you would be a chav and that cant happen lol.
No, but you have to admit that the sort of person who drives around with his rubbish stereo with an exorbitant amount of bass is usually a numpty?
Quote :So in your eyes, if you have a subwoofer in your car it makes you a chav, lets hope you dont buy a car brand new with a sub in as standard, you would be a chav and that cant happen lol.

Dont take these slights of your lifestyle so personal Sam, these guys are just stuffy old men. Try to think of yourself as part of the new generation that's going to oust that stuffy old gentlemans club and their ailing hearing.
Quote from Becky Rose :Dont take these slights of your lifestyle so personal Sam, these guys are just stuffy old men. Try to think of yourself as part of the new generation that's going to oust that stuffy old gentlemans club and their ailing hearing.

LOL

I wish that was on when I was younger - looks gd :P
Quote from J@tko :LOL

I wish that was on when I was younger - looks gd :P

Last episode I saw he had to race with a tractor engine, was awesome :P
I clicked on your YouTube link hoping it was for this. Sadly it wasn't. So I did it instead
Quote from tristancliffe :I clicked on your YouTube link hoping it was for this. Sadly it wasn't. So I did it instead

When I saw the title and the d00de!!!!!!!! in the tra'er I thought it was a guy i used to go to school with, who posted vids on youtube of himself pissing about in a tractor. But alas not
Quote from pb32000 :Ooh it looks 'chavvy', you must be a chav for buying that. Who cares if you it produces 100x better audio, you must be a chav. No.

You're missing the point, the suggestion was to get a new head unit and keep the standard speakers, which is even more pointless than trying to get decent audio in a car.

Quote from sam93 :Can you prove that?

Yes.
Quote from sam93 :I have seen a guy in Plymouth who had a car with loud bass with his business advertised over the car and he was also in a suit, not a chav in my eyes lol.

so by your logic a guy in drag is a 100% genuine girl?
Quote from ajp71 :You're missing the point, the suggestion was to get a new head unit and keep the standard speakers, which is even more pointless than trying to get decent audio in a car.

I never said a word about speakers. Don't make things up thanks.

Lol @ Tristan, the guy in the suit and the youtube links
Quote from tristancliffe :Proof?

Hey! Thats no fair lol. I have a 2001 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 with a 600 watt sub and amp thats fairly loud. Does that make me a chav and my car worth £5?
Quote from pb32000 :I never said a word about speakers. Don't make things up thanks.

I never said you did. The discussion started with a not terribly well thought out suggestion that buying an expensive head unit would allow Jakg to have an input jack.
Quote from mcgas001 :Hey! Thats no fair lol. I have a 2001 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 with a 600 watt sub and amp thats fairly loud. Does that make me a chav and my car worth £5?

Yes and yes (case study)

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG