The online racing simulator
Quote from Dajmin : I object to my insurance costing more than the car itself

This is "full coverage" insurance I presume? Normally that's not worth it unless you have a pretty expensive car..

But yeah, insurance prices are ridiculous in Norway too. I want a RWD car with decent power-to-weight ratio. Since a big engine --> expensive insurance, that means I'm looking for a small, sporty RWD car. Yet all those cars are way too tiny for me to fit in. (I'm 200cm) So no car for me.

By the way, Jakg, you should get one of these. :P
My car (even on 3rd party, which basically only pays to repair the other cars) costs more to insure (£1k) than it's actually worth (£700-£900 max).
Yup, I'm only looking at 3rd party, fire and theft myself. I don't have a problem with my own driving, it's the other muppets on the road (particularly here in London) that I'm worried about

Talking between £650-750 for the car and another £820ish for the insurance. Thank the gods I'm old enough to be out of the really expensive bracket
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
ok now you want to rice a car up heres what you do true chav style

Grunty engine noise first of all performance air filter shmilter take out the current box you have and look into the pipes free up the airways buy hacking at it with a hammer lol or just drill holes in the bottom of the box with a drill bit a bigish one, this will give the desired effect and make that noise to some degree.(wont void warrenty cause it cools the engine down just get a new one from scrappy)

rip snorting v8 sound 60 quid will get you the nastyest and noisyest backbox from motor world or ebay 20 quid just clamp that on in some sort of fasion this intitals that the police will now notice you.

drive by windows is somthing you can do your self its not that hard just wet the tint and the window and put it on (bubbles in it are a necisity)
black paper works well too

ghetto dubs just find a proton with nice ones and one night offer the guy some brick ones (wheel lock nuts depending on the person most people are cheap and get the good old ..... look at picture for type) most times a socket can be forced on this with a slight wack then removed easy)

BAASSSS!!!!! best way to do this is your local car boot sale get it cheap bargin for it and you will get somthing thats cheap nasty but works most time head units sell well too there and work well.....

bling in teh car consists of as far as your imagination will go

now look at one of my first cars and see where the ideas come from

clamping does not always work so i got it welded on

ooo yea recarpeting things is cheap tooo

7bhp with my ignition leads lol

ooooo also neons are also a must

blue led lights

more engine play

undercar neons

after a crash new bumpers are required no paint tho

thank christ i woke up and bought a mini and restored it after i did this hidious thing but we all learn

dude riceing a car is easy and all it takes is a fourm based on your car i joined www.novaload.com when i did this lots of people there that mod the car and helped me make mine like a peice of shit.

just dont follow me get a mini and fix it it attracts loads of chicks lol
before

after

finished thank you for you time for looking at a sad stage of my life lol
I just love the neon lights with the L plate, that was hillarious. I just looked and thought "there's a guy destined for failing at life"

Top man for posting that dark secret :P

The mini sure is cool. That'd win me over
too bad i left the uk i wanted to put a 1275gt engine in it to finish the conversion and have the turbo kit.

i had to make do with the metro 1300cc i put in it fast enough
You must understand I wouldnt get in the mini to feel the engine, they're crampted, uncomfortable, rattle and have poor AC. But it's still cute :P
Sorry for the late reply, but I was looking at buying one around Christmas, and taking a shot at fitting it myself, but while poking behind the dash in my car (to see what room I had to work in if i wanted to have the "line out" appear in the little tray bit like my friend has done) I noticed something interesting...

I have no idea where these lead to (although they were covered up by black caps when i saw them), but I assume these are for my stereo - any way of converting this to fit on my 3.5mm jack MP3 player...?

EDIT - Oh yeah fear my shitty dash!
Jakg, get yourself one of these:

Mine came with my photo camera. Maybe you've got one somewhere too.
Quote from hrtburnout :Jakg, get yourself one of these:

Mine came with my photo camera. Maybe you've got one somewhere too.

Thanks - found this...

...for 96p delivered from my Chinese Supplier.

Lets just hope it works!
Quote from Jakg :Thanks - found this...

...for 96p delivered from my Chinese Supplier.

Lets just hope it works!

Holy IMG tags batman! I wonder what the sound quality would be like, though. I should get a better cable, considering the fact I use it to connect my hifi to my pc.
id guess its preamp outs to connect some silly 5GW amp for your sub
Quote from Shotglass :id guess its preamp outs to connect some silly 5GW amp for your sub

Is that a "yes" or a "no" for it will work?
its a no and if im right you might end up killing the output stage of your mp3 player
why dont you just take the damn radio out and see where those go take a look at how those in/outputs are labeled?
Lead goes into the back of the head unit.

How does one remove a headunit using nothing more than set of screwdrivers and brute ignorance?
Get a cheap pair of headphones, hook them up, turn up the radio and see if any sound comes out. If not, then it possibly is an input. I disagree with shotglass. What would be the point of running a preamp output to the glove box? Also, stock head units (is it a stock head unit?) don't usually have preamp outputs. But still, you can never be too sure.
Quote from Jakg :
How does one remove a headunit using nothing more than set of screwdrivers and brute ignorance?

pop-rivets(place them in the holes) or buy the radio key for two quid in motor factors or jusd bend a coat hanger...

E;

whilst your in there why don you wire the power lead directly into the back of the cig lighter-<chop>-(you'd need to get an inline fuse, there bout 50p or sumpthin)

and bring the cable out in the dash somewhere close to ipod. looks neater.
It doesn't go into the glovebox - it's just "floating" around behind the radio behind the dashboard. I've just pulled it through.
Quote from Jakg :It doesn't go into the glovebox - it's just "floating" around behind the radio behind the dashboard. I've just pulled it through.

Ahh, okay. But I still say it's an input. But again, I wouldn't risk plugging in any expensive device.
To clear any doubts weather its an input or not Jakq and without need to inpect the back of the head unit, plug in the lead you baught, turn up bass and volume to full and touch the earphone-style jack(or stik it in your mouth for better effect).

If you hear a faint buzz sound it's an input, if not its and outie.
Quote from Jakg :How does one remove a headunit using nothing more than set of screwdrivers and brute ignorance?

theres 2 ways
theyre mounted with these:
http://www.xxlaudio.de/images/produkte/2042-11055.jpg
to get it out first thing you have to do is take the front bezel off... not the whole thing just the bit around your head unit which should come off easy

after that theres the decent way which involves sliding two metal strips down the side of your head unit which will push away the clamps (the copper bits in the pic) that secure your head unit in the frame
the less decent way is to get a screwdirver and try to bend the triangular cutouts in the frame which hold the frame in the dash back up to remove the frame and the head unit with it

Quote from wheel4hummer :What would be the point of running a preamp output to the glove box?

looks more like bad build quality and a big ol gaping hole between the glovebox and whatever is behind the dash
could be a service/diagnostic tool output.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :could be a service/diagnostic tool output.

For the headunit?

Doubt it!

I will try the headphone way, and if I blow up anything it's new headunit time.
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :could be a service/diagnostic tool output.

Any engineer that uses rca connectors as a diagnostic output should be shot in the back (to be honest, anyone who uses rca connectors for anything should be shot, since they are the second worst kind of connectors known to man).

This is how a diagnostics port (OBD) looks like.

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG