The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :more importantly find out what iso connector configuration your car uses those are usually a pain with most brands

It's a Clarion HU, and the connectors look to be standard ISO.
Unlike the Peugeot Clarions, which used one more similar to a longer IDE connector.
Quote from kingfag :
YO DAWG PUT A RADIO ON TOP OF YOUR RADIO SO YOU CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE LISTENING TO MUSIC

sorry, don't have an image editor here :P

lol
Quote from Bean0 :It's a Clarion HU, and the connectors look to be standard ISO.
Unlike the Peugeot Clarions, which used one more similar to a longer IDE connector.

thats not what i meant
a lot of cars use standard iso connectors but with completely different wire configurations whereas all aftermarket radios come with the standard iso config
so youll either have to buy iso to what vw/bmw/toyota/whoever thinks is iso adapters or hope they at least used the standard wire colour codes and spend half an hour rearranging them
How about some Xenon headlights from Aldi? I think they were £2.99 when my grandad got some.
Quote from Luke.S :How about some Xenon headlights from Aldi? I think they were £2.99 when my grandad got some.

Aldi sell xenon headlights??????

LOL
i rather doubt those are actually xenon
Quote from Luke.S :How about some Xenon headlights from Aldi? I think they were £2.99 when my grandad got some.

It's xenon-look... Not xenon.

A xenon kit costs over 100 £
They're probably just blue-ish lights, and then still they're probably crap, the ones from Philips cost 10£ a piece.
I recommend you get one of those special energy saving, stronger illuminating and eco-friendly light bulbs. You will save over 2p per week!!! You will be able to cause an accident at night because of your ridiculously powerful light bulbs!!! and eco-activists won't burn anymore on the zebra when you stop at a red light!!! Sorry can't thing of anything other that for your car.

IMO I don't think you should invest money in the car. Just make sure it's in perfect working condition, use it for 1-2 years then get something decent and german like a Golf or a 3 series.
I've seen those wannabe xenon lights. In fact, those pieces of crap are 100+W halogen bulbs. If you leave them on for a while you can smell your headlight units (and wiring harness if you're lucky) melting
Don't bother with real xenon if you don't have a proper headlight unit. You need a clear lens an a good quality reflector. Most normal halogen units will just cause a huge glare, blinding everyone (the chav look).
Get some Philips Nightguide bulbs if you want some good halogen bulbs that are affordable.
Quote from kingfag :
Don't bother with real xenon if you don't have a proper headlight unit.

Don't bother with Xenon unless you have a proper car. Putting several hundred quid's worth of headlight into a banger you bought down the auction for a fiver is pointless.
Quote from JO53PHS :Don't bother with Xenon unless you have a proper car. Putting several hundred quid's worth of headlight into a banger you bought down the auction for a fiver is pointless.

What is also point less is getting HID headlamps with a color temperature greater then 5400K. 5400K is the easiest color for your eyes to detect, and is unsurprisingly the color of normal daylight. Anything higher or lower then that is more difficult to see.
except blue light scatters more easily so on avergae youll get a lot more reflected light with a colder (which bizrrely means hotter) light
Just asking but why on earth did you get a Proton Wira... i mean ure 17 right?

0-60 mph 12.2 s Power Output 85 bhp Valves 12 Torque 124 Nm 91 lb-ft Top Speed 107 mph
lol

How about something with less poke
Quote from orange_boy_uk :Just asking but why on earth did you get a Proton Wira... i mean ure 17 right?

0-60 mph 12.2 s Power Output 85 bhp Valves 12 Torque 124 Nm 91 lb-ft Top Speed 107 mph
lol

Reading the thread might help!
Or some of the rest of the forum
Quote from orange_boy_uk :Just asking but why on earth did you get a Proton Wira... i mean ure 17 right?

lol

Most folk don't chose their first car unless they had to go out and earn it themselves, but being Britain, like all teenagers Jack has thrown a paddy fit and cried until his parents relented and give him one of theirs on the next family upgrade. It's part of the right of passage that all teenagers get a car, without it you just are not grown up and will be polishing shoes for a living for the rest of your life.

My folks had no car to give me at the time so they picked up a Fiat 126 for £50, the previous owner had swapped it for a microwave. And I got more girls with it than any chavved up motor coz it was cute and rediculous! Since then i've only had 2 cars with an engine smaller than a 2 litre turbo, but that first car... it could only be described as "lol".

Say, you've not long turned 17 yourself, what was your first car?
Oi! I got given my car because, frankly, it wouldn't sell.
Actually Jack I think your Dad was just so embarassed when you asked him to give you and your girl a lift to the local park for some window steeming that he just couldn't take any more!

You could have asked him to wait outside...
Quote from Becky Rose :It's part of the right of passage that all teenagers get a car, without it you just are not grown up and will be polishing shoes for a living for the rest of your life.

If only I'd known that 11 years ago, I could've had a car already rather than currently trying to scrape together the cash to buy one for myself.

Curses to not following popular trends!
Quote from Dajmin :If only I'd known that 11 years ago, I could've had a car already rather than currently trying to scrape together the cash to buy one for myself.

Curses to not following popular trends!

First rule of motoring: If you can barely afford to buy it, you wont be able to afford to run it.
Second rule of motoring: You will kill squirrels
I've never killed a squirrel! Rats, pigeons, pheasants and crows yes. But squirrels no.
I almost got my first squirrel during a lesson last week. That little bugger ran across the road from under a parked car, disappeared up the street and then REAPPEARED at the next street. I swear it was suicidal.

My mum ended up killing a few rabbits a few years back. I was recording at a studio in the middle of nowhere and I swear to god, at night the road around the place just because a carpet of rabbits. I'm still amazed she got as few as she did.

And the running costs aren't what's going to hurt me (I've done plenty of research into fuel costs, repair bills, etc), it's the f*cking insurance. I object to my insurance costing more than the car itself
I almost got a squirrel on my bicycle the other day whilst cycling fast, though in fairness, the damage would have been mutual.

I remember one time riding in a friend's car and a bird landed just as we pulled up at some lights, when he pulled away he wheelspan (typical yobster etc etc) and all these featers rose up. Sad, but funny. Though not as funny as the small bird that hit another of my friends windscreen and got stuck under the wiper, he was so distressed and wanted to set it free so he turned his wipers on to help it and this poor bird got dragged across the windscreen going "chirp chirp chirp!".

And to think we have to pay Alton Towers for that kinda fun.
Quote from tristancliffe :I've never killed a squirrel! Rats, pigeons, pheasants and crows yes. But squirrels no.

peasants?
One or two
cows, horses, mudkipz, harjun's, lerts', becky's?

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG