The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Quote from STROBE :lmfao... did you just compare the shite that you plaster over your cars to multi-million pound factory-built racing cars?

No I am not, P5ycHoM4N just said aftermarket products cant add downforce, I just said yes they can, not styling parts for cars though, I know you cant compare it to multi million pound racing parts.

When I can drive I will most likely have two cars, one that has been modified with bodykits, I.C.E etc... and one that has been stripped out etc...
Vans don't need downforce, nor do Protons.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Vans don't need downforce, nor do Protons.

I never talked about adding any downforce btw - my spoiler came as standard on the car and is probably useless.
Quote from Klutch :Changing to big wheels doesn't mess up gears?
If you change the tyres to make it the same diamtre it was previously it won't make a different.

Lowering suspension also hardens it, it might ruin the ride, but it also adds more grip during cornering due to the fact that it doesn't feel like a boat.

Too bad most ricers don't keep this in mind, instead they like to "fill the arches" and you're driving a road car, there is no need for extra cornering grip, if you take it to a track fine, have a blast. It isn't required on the road.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Too bad most ricers don't keep this in mind, instead they like to "fill the arches" and you're driving a road car, there is no need for extra cornering grip, if you take it to a track fine, have a blast. It isn't required on the road.

What if it's your daily car and a track car?
I know a fair few people who use there track car as a daily.

It ain't practical, though obviously
Quote from Klutch :What if it's your daily car and a track car?

Then leave it stock.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Too bad most ricers don't keep this in mind, instead they like to "fill the arches" and you're driving a road car, there is no need for extra cornering grip, if you take it to a track fine, have a blast. It isn't required on the road.

-20 BHP for every inch of space between tyre and arch. FACT!

WTF happened this topic? Why are we discussing modified vans? "Yoyoyo my Ford Transit has teh NAWZ and teh 26" solid platinum rims!" Get a proper car for fudge sake...
Quote from wheel4hummer :Then leave it stock.

uh...why?
People like to do track work, and get faster times
Why aren't they allowed to have a fast track car, and at the same time a daily driver?
Surely any serious track worth will either make your car illegal to drive on the road, or infinitely harder to drive properly?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Surely any serious track worth will either make your car illegal to drive on the road, or infinitely harder to drive properly?

The laws here in australia, or Western Australia and pretty lenient.

It makes driving in peak hour traffic extremely hard, yeah...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :-20 BHP for every inch of space between tyre and arch. FACT!

WTF happened this topic? Why are we discussing modified vans? "Yoyoyo my Ford Transit has teh NAWZ and teh 26" solid platinum rims!" Get a proper car for fudge sake...

Why not a transit ST?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :
I skipped the thread as it is too long and visual modding is for gays, the only mod I'd do is an LPG conversion to save yourself some dimes. Plus if you drive it in the Humberside Police area people will think you're an undercover cop and never cut you up... well maybe not you because you look like you're 12

One of these?
Convertable, and a nice rear spoiler too, probably got a bit more power than most modified cars.
Well this sems to have gone extremely off-topic about shitty vauxhall vans, but hey, i'll comment anyway.

Jack, if your going to do mods to the car, then do simple ones that can be removed again when the time comes to sell the car.

All i would suggest, is some nice 15'' alloys, and uprated speakers and headunit along with an amp (obviously). That way, you can chuck the original parts in the back of the shed and then put them back on when you come to sell the car.

You can find good tyre and wheel packages in max power for a good £300, and if you wanted a decent headunit, amp and speakers, it will probably cost a total of £600-700 for a decent sounding system.

As for crap like air filters and what not, dont bother. There useles unless you go for some mega expensive kit.
Quote from Jakg :One of these?

Yes, one of them. Always makes me laugh when they drive around in the under cover cars (or low profile as they call them) because 1, no one in the area drives Protons with gas conversions and 2, they always wear they uniform and Kevlar vests when driving.
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Quote from Becky Rose :and unpainted your car will be slower (hense they paint it in F1) because the surface is too rough.

actually its not the paint that fills out the web of the cf but the epoxy
whether the surface is rough or sleek depends on whether you put it on the inside or the outside of the mold... if you put it on the outside no amount of paint will ever be able to get the surface flat again
actually when you do it properly you paint the mold instead of the cf part
not that anyone will care but im bored

Quote from sam93 :He also has a 2.3 190E Cosworth what you lot have proberly already seen, one with an original Evo bodykit, it has just been taken to a body shop to go from yellow with green pearl to black and with be running on twin 45's or 48's carbs, he hasnt made his mind up yet.

1) its spelled probably FFS
2) i havent but let me guess... he hasnt even bothered to change the wheelarches to the evo ones
3) the 2.3 16v is a horrible engine... anyone who knows anything about the w201 will change it to the 2.5 or one of the evos if hes after performance
If this is your first car, you are a long way from being able to recognise the difference between a highly tuned car and a stock one.

Your concentration should be one hundred percent on racking up experience in all conditions and types of roads. Absolutely nothing else matters right now. It's irrelevant what car you have when you're new to driving, so I'm all for having something crappy to start with until you've built up the experience.

Best to start slow and build up. I've just put new adjustable shocks on my car and have left it as standard for a month while I adapt to it. It's only now that I feel like I've learnt enough about the car as it is to start making adjustments and be able to tell what the difference is.

I don't mean any of this in a derogatory way. I absolutely love driving but I always take it very seriously, because the moment you forget that hurtling along in a ton and a half of hot steel and glass is an incredibly dangerous act, you are in serious trouble.

Young drivers do have a lot of accidents, which you'll probably hear a lot of, but that's not simply because they are all shit drivers. Often it's because they don't spot a danger in time, or their concentration is elsewhere, such as on their shiny new DVD player in the dash
Quote from Shotglass :
2) i havent but let me guess... he hasnt even bothered to change the wheelarches to the evo ones
3) the 2.3 16v is a horrible engine... anyone who knows anything about the w201 will change it to the 2.5 or one of the evos if hes after performance

The wheel arches have been changed also, I have heard that the 2.3's are better then the 2.5 engine. Pic of the car, it will soon be black instead of yellow with the blue stripes. Pic
Quote from sam93 :
You can buy aftermarket parts what add downforce etc... what about race cars like it DTM etc... they are not factory stock kits are they, no.

Racing cars body kits are designed to provide maximum downforce with minimum aerodynamic penalty by really boring clever Germans using science. Styling kits are botched together by simple people because they 'look cool', they normally add weight and have an aerodynamic disadvantage over standard body panels which have been carefully designed using science and common sense.

Quote from Jakg :No offence Sam, but DTM cars are nothing like real cars - iirc they have ONE panel the same, the roof...

DTM cars have a carbon tub/steel spaceframe mixture and bear no relation to road cars, suspension design is free (including pick up points) and they have to use rear drive V8s (which most of the cars don't have as standard).

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Surely any serious track worth will either make your car illegal to drive on the road, or infinitely harder to drive properly?

Not at all, there are lots of championships for road legal cars. The only real thing that makes most standardish race cars illegal is tyres.
Quote from sam93 :The wheel arches have been changed also, I have heard that the 2.3's are better then the 2.5 engine. Pic of the car, it will soon be black instead of yellow with the blue stripes. Pic

Well, thats a pretty crappy Evo copy.

The front bumper is WRONG, the sideskirts are WRONG, the arches are WRONG and the rear spoiler also seems to be wrong but dont quote me on that as i cant see it properly from that angle.

Just compare this pic to the one of that piece of crap you posted and you will see what i mean.
http://www.mercedesclasicos.co ... des_190E_Evolution_II.jpg

And just so you know, shotglass is correct. The 2.3 engine is a poor engine. Thats the reason i get so many people asking for a 2.5 conversion in there 190's after there 2.3 has blown, so we put 2.5 unit's in there, usually with brabus internals for even more performance.
Quote from sam93 :The wheel arches have been changed also, I have heard that the 2.3's are better then the 2.5 engine. Pic of the car, it will soon be black instead of yellow with the blue stripes. Pic

WTF is that.
Quote from JJ72 :WTF is that.

lol this is pure rice..i need help my eyes won´t stop bleeding :tired:
Quote from Jakg :No offence Sam, but DTM cars are nothing like real cars - iirc they have ONE panel the same, the roof...

They use custom designed suspension and body kits which are designed to work with the rest of the car, i.e to generate the downforce in the right places and generally compliment the car as a package.

There's no way you can get that on a road car for a reasonable price - sure, bolting on things like better tyres and bigger engines makes it faster, but people with fancy engineering degrees who can have custom-designed parts fabricated will always be better.

In fact they have a completely custom tube frame, and none of the panels has a structural function. The bodies are even completely exchangeable, as Mercedes did with bolting a new C-class body on a 2005 frame/car for its (the body's) unveiling.

EDIT: meh, ajp was a lot faster.

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG