The online racing simulator
Google chrome
(203 posts, started )
I find it much quicker!
I'd like it a bit smoother though...scrolling is done in too big steps for what I've been used to and is a bit tiring.
It also lacks some simple animations when clicking a button.
Well lets wait and see!
I also love the general design appart from the huge-ass letters in the address bar.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by dawesdust_12
I heard about this yesterday and i have just downloaded it. I am using it now and for me it seems faster than internet exploiter err, explorer. It loads up pages quickly and i don't get the all to familier, waiting for http//www........ at the bottom all the time. plus unlike IE, it doesnt wait for the whole page to be loaded before showing it, it seems to display straight away and just loads the rest within literally two seconds, plus you dont get the up and down shuffling movement that IE does all on its own when things like pictures finish loading which is good as i hate trying to click on a link in IE, only for it to move as i try to click, sending me somewhere else instead. Google chrome, +1 from me!
Im using it now on XP Pro, seems to run okay but it said it was transfering all my passwords and crap from IE yet they aren't here and i want the little down arrow which brings down all sites you've visited!
I'm liking it so far as well. Loading 99% of everything faster than FF. My only issue is the scroll speed/jumpiness with my touchpad. Haven't tried iRacing through it yet...
The logo reminds me of pokemon.
Quote from titanLS :I'm liking it so far as well. Loading 99% of everything faster than FF. My only issue is the scroll speed/jumpiness with my touchpad. Haven't tried iRacing through it yet...

I'd imagine that iRacing would work, for the simple reasoning that it uses firefox's plugins.
The only weird thing with it is, its called google chrome, yet the colour of the bit where the tabs are is blue! maybe they could give it the dark silver and more vistery (is that even a word?) kind of look. Im running xp pro sp3 but have spent ages getting it to look just like vista with messing about with themes and registry stuff to get the start menu right. I think it would look so much better if it matched my vista styled display.
#58 - wien
Quote from danthebangerboy :The only weird thing with it is, its called google chrome, yet the colour of the bit where the tabs are is blue!

"Chrome" refers to the name often given to window borders/decorations (the window's chrome). The idea being that the browser itself is nothing but chrome around the main UI element; the tabs. Also, if you want your computer to look like Vista; how about, umm, getting Vista?
The history is worryingly good, I'm sure having everything displayed chronologically like that would be very useful on the occasional time I do use my history, but it is also a bit creepy.
Quote from Victor :also couldn't find an option to not use tabs. I'm prolly one of the few who doesn't like tabs.

im with you on that... what id like is ie6 with less inclination to do things without explicitly telling it to
also im on rough grounds with ff atm since its developed a habit of doing 1 min of random accesses on my hdd every time i close it so id happily move back to ie if it was just a bit less crap

Quote from wien :Maybe, just maybe, the company is irrelevant, and people recongnize a good product when they see it.

the problem is that ms recieves most of its flak just for being a giant that will take over the world and eat our babies or something while google and apple silently come up with much more intrusive ideas than bill could ever think of in his lifetime
I downloaded it like 3 hours ago and I love it already. Way faster than the Aol or IE we have and a hell of a lot faster than the FF at school (but the school's inter web sucks). I love how it tells you when you spell something wrong.
#62 - wien
Quote from Shotglass :google and apple silently come up with much more intrusive ideas than bill could ever think of in his lifetime

And Chrome is one of those, or did you just feel like a good whine?
http://www.lfsigtc.net/media/stream.html

That page shows everything that's wrong with Google chrome, plus my web designing

1) Flash player took AGES to load up.
2) There is a location on the corner just under the banner where a picture was in the template i used to make the site. Google chrome shows a box around this area.
3) When the tracker refreshes it returns to the top of the page, unlike Firefox.
4) After clicking my bookmark to return to the forum to post those issues. the sound carried on playing in the background for about 5 seconds while the forums struggled to load up.
5) while writing this post, the Google Chrome spell checker doesn't even recognise Google or Firefox :S
Quote from wien :And Chrome is one of those, or did you just feel like a good whine?

have you bothered to look at the privacy policy?

When you type URLs or queries in the address bar, the letters you type are sent to Google so the Suggest feature can automatically recommend terms or URLs you may be looking for. If you choose to share usage statistics with Google and you accept a suggested query or URL, Google Chrome will send that information to Google as well.
#65 - wien
Hmm, so why don't we take a look at the privacy policy of IE7? Specifically the part where it says it redirects any url that doesn't resolve to MSN search. Not the same thing, but pretty damn close. Certainly nothing that makes me think any better of MS than of Google in this case. Furthermore every browser on the market has a search box that behaves exactly like the one in Chrome. Google have just combined the search box and address box.

That's not to say I particularly like this feature, but I don't find in any more draconian than features already available in other browsers, Microsoft Internet Explorer most definitely included.
Tried IE8 beta2, shotty?
Quote from BenjiMC :http://www.lfsigtc.net/media/stream.html

That page shows everything that's wrong with Google chrome, plus my web designing

1) Flash player took AGES to load up.
2) There is a location on the corner just under the banner where a picture was in the template i used to make the site. Google chrome shows a box around this area.
3) When the tracker refreshes it returns to the top of the page, unlike Firefox.
3) After clicking my bookmark to return to the forum to post those issues. the sound carried on playing in the background for about 5 seconds while the forums struggled to load up.
4) while writing this post, the Google Chrome spell checker doesn't even recognise Google or Firefox :S

Probably because google and firefox aren't words you'd find in a dictionary.

p.s., you have two 3's.
Quote from wien :Hmm, so why don't we take a look at the privacy policy of IE7? Specifically the part where it says it redirects any url that doesn't resolve to MSN search. Not the same thing, but pretty damn close. Certainly nothing that makes me think any better of MS than of Google in this case.

ive never claimed that ms is better than google all ive said is i cant understand why one giant gets all the flak while others get cheered on for doing much the same

Quote :Furthermore every browser on the market has a search box that behaves exactly like the one in Chrome. Google have just combined the search box and address box.

which is a huge difference since a search box makes it very clear that what you type into it will end up on a server

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Tried IE8 beta2, shotty?

no but whats your point?
#69 - wien
Quote from Shotglass :ive never claimed that ms is better than google all ive said is i cant understand why one giant gets all the flak while others get cheered on for doing much the same

The flak is rarely because of their privacy policy in my experience. It's more to do with the quality of their products. Chrome looks like it's going to be a really slick browser, IE8 does not. Therefore Google gets praise and Microsoft get flak. The same goes for most of their other competing software.

Issues like privacy are far beyond the scope of most internet whiners.
Quote from wien :The flak is rarely because of their privacy policy in my experience.

true its mostly because of their monopolistic ways of going about things which automagically makes everything they do the kind of idea darth vader would come up with
I dont like the Bookmarks it hass , and i dont know how to pass mi BM from FF to GC , Any help? i tryed saving the BM of FF in HTML and JSN and tryed to load up in GC but no results
Quote from Shotglass :no but whats your point?

Don't have a point... I haven't tried it either. You just said you'd happily move back to IE if it were a bit less crap, so I figured you might want to give it a go.
Quote from Inouva :I dont like the Bookmarks it hass , and i dont know how to pass mi BM from FF to GC , Any help? i tryed saving the BM of FF in HTML and JSN and tryed to load up in GC but no results

All my bookmarks were automatically transferred from FF to Chrome during the install, including those on the toolbar (which even stayed in the same order when they appeared in Chrome) ?? Everything should have been imported to "other bookmarks" at the very least, in which case you can just drag them up to the toolbar.
#74 - wien
Quote from DeadWolfBones :so I figured you might want to give it a go.

Heh. Trust me, he won't like it. It's basically IE7 with even more pointless UI and layers of crap.
Quote from titanLS :All my bookmarks were automatically transferred from FF to Chrome during the install, including those on the toolbar (which even stayed in the same order when they appeared in Chrome) ?? Everything should have been imported to "other bookmarks" at the very least, in which case you can just drag them up to the toolbar.

Strange , wen i stall the GC , ask me for the bm of Ie , but no for the FF , also i tryed draggin the bookmark and open a new tab showing all the urls , and dont wanna that D=

WTH , GC Epic Fail

LOL!
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg

Google chrome
(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG