The online racing simulator
Google chrome
(203 posts, started )
I'll take Safari anyday. Still the whole Webkit rendering engine, but then actually has features that a browser should have.

Yup using it too.
Chrome now has extensions...
thanks for the heads up I've been waiting for an adblock extension so ADsweep is getting a run here
It's also out for Mac and Linux.
Quote from Jakg :Chrome now has extensions...

So are there any out yet that are actually worth bothering with?
Quote from obsolum :So are there any out yet that are actually worth bothering with?

There's an adblocker and a mouse gestures extension. That's all I needed.
Maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't mind adverts.
Quote from obsolum :So are there any out yet that are actually worth bothering with?

Facebook AdBlock is nice, as is a Facebook + Gmail notifier thingy.
huh? chrome has had extensions for i dont know 4 months at least
I do haffto ask, why would I use another Webkit browser in OSX, when there's a perfectly good one already there?

They're both pretty much identical in Javascript speed, Rendering speed, both have the concept of Sandboxed Tabs (Snow Leopard Safari 4 does atleast), and at this moment, both lack Extensions (although Safari has them unofficially, and Chrome will have them). Both have the same UI style, although Safari looks better with stuff like Top Sites being rendered as a 3D board (as I've always wanted a massive screensaver in OSX, that does exactly that, but with album art..).

They're the same damn browser basically in OSX... Seems a stupid effort IMO.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's an adblocker and a mouse gestures extension. That's all I needed.

Ah, mouse gestures are what I miss in Chrome, I'll have a look at that

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't mind adverts.

Neither do I. In fact I hardly ever even notice them

Quote from Jakg :Facebook AdBlock is nice, as is a Facebook + Gmail notifier thingy.

I don't use Facebook and already use Multi G to keep track of my Gmail.

So... I'll just get the mouse gestures extension and I'll be good
I like Google chrome. It is the fastest browser on my PC and also is best for me.
Isn't there some kind of extension that makes google chrome work with speech recognition? It would be so much easier if it worked like Internet explorer.
Double post but... Are extensions still only available for the Dev channel? 'Cause I can't install any. Running 3.0.195.33, it says it's up to date
I think extensions are only for the a certain branch, so beta or dev channel will do it.
Ah, Jakg's post made me think that extensions were now available for the stable version as well, because they've been available for the Dev channel for a while. Oh well...
Does Chrome now support the ability to clear your history etc automatically at application close?
Not in the Stable version (don't know about Dev or Beta), but if you don't want to keep history, cookies or anything just press ctrl+shift+N to open an Incognito window. Nothing is stored that way.
Quote from obsolum :Ah, mouse gestures are what I miss in Chrome, I'll have a look at that

Mouse gestures were what held me to Opera for years, but I installed Stroke It a few months ago and now have mouse gestures in all browsers (well, in everything in fact)

It's the future of interfaces.
Tried the beta with extension support last week.
Seems ok, but LogMeIn still doesn't work...back to Firefox I go.
Quote from durbster :Mouse gestures were what held me to Opera for years, but I installed Stroke It a few months ago and now have mouse gestures in all browsers (well, in everything in fact)

It's the future of interfaces.

Hmm, that's a nice little app and I'm sure it's useful to many people, but not for me. I don't want to have a third party app having to load at startup just so I can have mouse gestures in Chrome. I can't think of any other application I use frequently that would benefit from having mouse gestures.

Thanks for the link, though
Me not being a fan of mouse gestures... (or drawing shapes at all)... there's a keyboard for Windows Mobile phones called "Swype"... it's pretty sick, even though all you're doing is drawing a massive gesture for a word.

Google chrome
(203 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG