The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :The only real thing that makes most standardish race cars illegal is tyres.

and the exhaust is often way too loud
Quote :actually its not the paint that fills out the web of the cf but the epoxy
whether the surface is rough or sleek depends on whether you put it on the inside or the outside of the mold... if you put it on the outside no amount of paint will ever be able to get the surface flat again
actually when you do it properly you paint the mold instead of the cf part
not that anyone will care but im bored

I'm half interested, on the grounds that it effects F1 and I know quite a lot about carbon fibre - but not that much - well sort of... My brother is a carbon fibre guru having worked on a lot of the plush carbon fibre super cars and race cars - so I get to hear about all this boring staff at BBQ's. The problem here is I hear it all drunk, and with the enthusiasm one has when listening to their family talk about work.

Quote : Just compare this pic to the one of that piece of crap you posted

Dude, I was with you right until you posted a link to a, errr, a, errrr, a... You aren't serious are you? Surely you made a typo, I think you meant to say: "I dont think that piece of crap you posted is any better than this".

'though I get the impression you are some kind of Merc dealer so maybe you don't see the sheer hideousness of the monstrosity you have confronted my eyes with.
Dont tell me you dont like the 190 Evo?!? :OOOOOOOOO

I personally think it looks fantastic.

As for me, im not a merc dealer but my dad is. Well, more specifcally he sell's brabuses mainly but also sell's mercs. I just work in the garage round the back fixing all kinds of mercs and brabuses.
Quote from Jakg :I do have an MP3 Player (20GB Zen Sleek) which would be nice to plug in, and I have a phone full of music (Sony w960i 8GB) which i'm more likely to have on me (as i plan on getting rid of the Zen). It'd be nice to listen to music from my Phone (/ MP3 player) through the car. Any cheap way of doing this?

If you can't get a CD player put in..If you can order one of these get one..

http://www.amazon.com/Philips- ... tte-Adapter/dp/B0007R4LI8

They work amazingy well..Plug it into the headphone jack on your Zen or if your phone has one and put the tape into the tape deck and it works good. I'v been using them for 2-3 years.
Quote :Dont tell me you dont like the 190 Evo?!? :OOOOOOOOO

If that's what it is, personally I thought it was something Volvo made in the 70's that had been handed to Sam93's uncle and had the wrong badge put on it.
Quote from becky Rose :if That's What It Is, Personally I Thought It Was Something Volvo Made In The 70's That Had Been Handed To Sam93's Uncle And Had The Wrong Badge Put On It.

Rofllllll :d
Quote from Shotglass :and the exhaust is often way too loud

Road cars are very rarely tested and when they are it isn't at 3/4 max. A lot of standard sportscars fail noise tests at track days and I remember Autocar couldn't take a Zonda onto a track because it failed the standard race noise limit (106db @ 3/4).
Nothing gets the knickers off girls quicker than a boy who's tried to make his mum's car look cool.
That was below the belt, Kev!

OT - I cleaned it today. And i did a really shitty job at it

It gets a service on Saturday, and i'm insured on it but my Dad won't let me drive it 'till i get my theory done
How can you have a license but no theory done?
I don't?

I have a Provisional License which covers me for a bike (and I have a CBT for that) a car, and i'm currently taking my lessons.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :How can you have a license but no theory done?

The software people have had to go away and rethink their security after it was foiled by a PC World Technician to award licences to ricers who try to make their mum's car look cool to pull girls
Quote from Jakg :That was below the belt, Kev!

Harsh, but fair. Don't throw your money at some el cheapo car - it won't do anything for you. Concentrate on learning to drive and learning how easy it is to fail your driving test. Pass your test and then continue to concentrate on learning to drive for a year or so. Then maybe think about what kind of car you'd like.

All a new driver needs is good brakes and tyres, a small turning circle and a car small enough to park easily. Putting fancy wheels on your mum's old car is like putting a sticker that says "Bell End" on your forehead.
Quote from Jakg :I don't?

I have a Provisional License which covers me for a bike (and I have a CBT for that) a car, and i'm currently taking my lessons.

Ah, here you have to have a theory done before a provisional...kinda makes more sense
Quote from ajp71 :Road cars are very rarely tested and when they are it isn't at 3/4 max. A lot of standard sportscars fail noise tests at track days and I remember Autocar couldn't take a Zonda onto a track because it failed the standard race noise limit (106db @ 3/4).

dunno how they test them but in germany the tüff is very strict with noise levels
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Well, thats a pretty crappy Evo copy.

The front bumper is WRONG, the sideskirts are WRONG, the arches are WRONG and the rear spoiler also seems to be wrong but dont quote me on that as i cant see it properly from that angle.

The arches, rear bumper, side skirts are from an original Evo, I think the spoiler was aswell it's just the front bumper what isnt original.
It isn't suppose to be a copy, it was just done like that because he liked the kit, not in any way to be a copy.

He hasn't had any problems with his engine just the LSD keeps on breaking on it, wouldn't like to have the engine rebuilt though, he has it priced up and would cost around £5k, the manifold alone costs £2,000
He has been told that the 2.3 is suppose to be better in terms of performance, I know the 2.5 I think only have an extra 20 or 30bhp more.

He wouldn't mind an Evo but when the real car costs about £30k it's a bit pricey, there is one on Pistonheads, don't know if it is still on there.

I will post pictures of when the paint job has done, take them off street stylers as there will be a show soon so there will be some on there, it's getting sprayed black. Has to wait for the bumpers to be replaced aswell as his mate whilst driving it pulled out to the other lane to overtake a lorry and didnt see the dead dear in the road what a ford galaxy hit 10mins before and he phoned my Unlces saying I just went over a dear but what he didn't realise is that it snapped the rear and front bumper, so that is also being repaired.
I dont know what that sick colour merc is meant to be but its just rotten and worth nothing. If anyone thinks that looks good they need serious help!
From what i can see, the sideskirts are not like the evo. They are too deep and follow the curvature of the wheel, when the originals dont. As for the arches, they are not genuine ones. The genuine ones flush into the rear, and the ones on that yellow minger dont. As for the front arches, they may be similiar, but the ones on the yellow car are flushed in and wrap round to the front headlights, when the ones on the genuine car dont, they are seperate pieces. But i do think that the owner of the puss coloured merc has probably got them done.

I dont personally believe that the kit on that car is a genuine evo kit, i reckon its just some aftermarket tat...at least that's what it looks like.

p.s, the 2.3 is seriously not a better engine. The 2.5 is a cleaner, more powerful engine. It has better pistons, cams and piston rings. Some 2.3's were known to shred the rings to piece's after just 40k miles, and some were also known to throw rod's through the block.
Quote from sam93 :The arches, rear bumper, side skirts are from an original Evo

the arches definitely arent and im quite sure the rest isnt either
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :From what i can see, the sideskirts are not like the evo. They are too deep and follow the curvature of the wheel, when the originals dont. As for the arches, they are not genuine ones. The genuine ones flush into the rear, and the ones on that yellow minger dont. As for the front arches, they may be similiar, but the ones on the yellow car are flushed in and wrap round to the front headlights, when the ones on the genuine car dont, they are seperate pieces. But i do think that the owner of the puss coloured merc has probably got them done.

I dont personally believe that the kit on that car is a genuine evo kit, i reckon its just some aftermarket tat...at least that's what it looks like.

Well he told me that it is an original Evo 2 kit, the front arch has just been modified to curve like that, I just found this pic of the car on side view, it no longer has those blue headlights as he didn't like them, I believe when you compare this to an original kit it looks the same, the front arch has just been modified to bend around the head light. Also the side skirts have just been a little smoothed where it meets the arch, original kit just been changed slightly.
Attached images
w1207258162.jpg
Quote from andybarsblade :I dont know what that sick colour merc is meant to be but its just rotten and worth nothing. If anyone thinks that looks good they need serious help!

It's going to be black soon and will look very very similar to a Evo 2 190E Merc.
Nope, the skirts are definetely not like the evo and neither are the arches, especially the front! The front ones rise up more and have less depth. I've had to do mechanical and bodywork on 1 evo in the past, i can assure you that kit is not a genuine one.

Alot of people like that like to B.S others, saying things like there car's generate 50hp more than they really do, or that the bodykit cost them £1000 more than it really did...i've heard it all before.

Quote from sam93 :It's going to be black soon and will look very very similar to a Evo 2 190E Merc.

Its not going to look similiar with the wrong wheels, wrong kit, and wrong colour...
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Nope, the skirts are definetely not like the evo and neither are the arches, especially the front! The front ones rise up more and have less depth. I've had to do mechanical and bodywork on 1 evo in the past, i can assure you that kit is not a genuine one.

Alot of people like that like to B.S others, saying things like there car's generate 50hp more than they really do, or that the bodykit cost them £1000 more than it really did...i've heard it all before.

Its not going to look similiar with the wrong wheels, wrong kit, and wrong colour...

Well he only knows what he was told, and I haven't yet said that he done the car did I, his Dad bought the car who had all the work done, he said it was an original kit to his Dad, his Dad had it for a while never used it and then gave it to his son (My step uncle) as a B Day present, so he only knows what the person who had the car done said. He has reciepts for the work done on the car and it has had a few grand spent on it.

Also he doesn't want it to be an exact replica of the Evo 2.
But maybe next time, instead of saying "its a genuine kit!!", you should do some research and then maybe, just maybe, you wont look like such an idiot next time.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :But maybe next time, instead of saying "its a genuine kit!!", you should do some research and then maybe, just maybe, you wont look like such an idiot next time.

I done some picture comparing and it looks similar to me, the angle and darkness of the picture, I will get a decent one when its finished to see what is different etc... Might help a little.

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG