The online racing simulator
4 stroke bikes - show and tell
(23 posts, started )
hello,
since i've turned 16 2 months or so ago, i bought myself a 'scooter'.
you have to be atleast 16 in belgium to drive a scooter.
you have 2-stroke bikes, like boosters etc.
and you have 4-stroke bikes, like honda, skyteam, jingcheng.
i bought myself a skyteam pbr. its the replica of the honda zb, wich is no longer produced. in belgium there are alot of 4-stroke team, including the one me, and 800+ other people are a member of.
DTB: dax team brugge.
i found that my bike didnt have the right looks stock. so i 'tuned' it.
i changed the blinkers, rear light, exhaust etc...
i didnt tune the engine because you can only drive 45km/h, about 20mph i think. i goes 70km/h, but i brought it to the shop to adjust it.
here are some pics of my bike,
its in the shop atm, for some visual tuning.

this is what the rear will look like(different rims tho)

here is what it looks like atm
(see attachements)
olso i will put an engine cowl on it:

no motorcycles, like kawasaki etc, only mini 4-stroke bikes.
not alot of american people will post their bikes here, because in some states you can drive a car when your 16
Attached images
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG
Quote from kiss me :not alot of american people will post their bikes here, because in some states you can drive a car when your 16

And I'm glad. I assume this is for road usage? I've seen similar by other non-americans on this forum. That thing and others that have been shown on this forum should not go anywhere near a road. It shouldn't leave your backyard.
Is it for 4 year olds to tootle round your living room on?
Contrary to popular opinion, small and slow 2-wheeled vehicles ridden on public roads are significantly less safe than full-size motorcycles. They don't keep up well with traffic and don't merge into traffic well. Likewise, car drivers will tend to want to squeeze by you for being small and slow.
Is it me or do the wheels look a little small? At least get a proper 50cc scooter, you can drive those at 16 too. Heck, at 16 I can drive anything less than 125cc, surely it's the same all over the EU?

I swore to myself I'd never get a scooter, or something of that size. And I managed to survive a year without getting one! So now I get a car instead, a fairly good deal
Hey Forbin, I am so glad I didn't learn how to drive or ride over where they all are, how bout you?
Legally they are only allowed on the road if they are taxed and tested (in the UK at least), but very few people bother with this and ride them illegally, they also ride them recklessly.
Heres a good idea.

Buy a real bike, instead of playing with that toy.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Is it me or do the wheels look a little small? At least get a proper 50cc scooter, you can drive those at 16 too. Heck, at 16 I can drive anything less than 125cc, surely it's the same all over the EU?

Not everywhere, here in the Netherlands you can ony drive a <50cc moped when you're 16. Anything above 50cc will require a motorcycle licence, which you can only get if you're 18+. When you get your motorcycle licence before the age of 21, you can only drive a <25KW bike for 2 years.
Quote from kiss me :hello,

Those bikes seem to be pretty popular around there, eh? Around here teenagers go for some equally underpowered, yet not speed-restricted, noisy contraptions that get all the noisier when they get overtaken by someone on a bicycle. I used to hear them crashing at least two per Saturday night at my old neighborhood doing wheelies down the road (and into walls).

Quote from kingfag :When you get your motorcycle licence before the age of 21, you can only drive a <25KW bike for 2 years.

I can't help but think that the logic which dictates that anything with a decent amount of horsepower is inherently dangerous is somehow flawed.
my bike is a 50cc 4-stroke gear biike, its a proper size, its road legal, and you have to drive on the bysicle(tough word ) lane.
you cant drive a 124cc bike or >11kw till your 18,
allmost every1 who is 16 in belgium afaik drives a 4-stroke bike like mine, or dax etc. or a booster:

its very safe to drive these, depending on the driver
i myself bought some tires wich have better grip on the road when wet.
i bought the pbr, because it kind of sits like a real 'race' bike, wich gives me a safer feeling then going 20mph on a booster(see attachement)
Attached images
09_12inch_high_tcm6-33729.jpg
mini motorbikes have one purpose... To be raced on kart tracks.
#14 - JJ72
nice.......do you know if you put a piece of paper over the rear wheel, it will make a "click click" sound? you know, like a motorcycle?
Quote from JJ72 :nice.......do you know if you put a piece of paper over the rear wheel, it will make a "click click" sound? you know, like a motorcycle?

I literally laughed out loud. My office mate is looking at me funny....

Quote from Becky Rose :mini motorbikes have one purpose... To be raced on kart tracks.

thats called a minibike then :P.
I owned one, but didn't satisfied me
I AM A KARTORZ WITH 5 BALLS
Quote from kiss me :hello,
and you have 4-stroke bikes, like honda, skyteam, jingcheng.
i bought myself a skyteam pbr. its the replica of the honda zb, wich is no longer produced. in belgium there are alot of 4-stroke team, including the one me, and 800+ other people are a member of.
DTB: dax team brugge.
i found that my bike didnt have the right looks stock. so i 'tuned' it.
i changed the blinkers, rear light, exhaust etc...
i didnt tune the engine because you can only drive 45km/h, about 20mph i think. i goes 70km/h, but i brought it to the shop to adjust it.
here are some pics of my bike,
its in the shop atm, for some visual tuning.

this is what the rear will look like(different rims tho)

here is what it looks like atm
(see attachements)
olso i will put an engine cowl on it:

no motorcycles, like kawasaki etc, only mini 4-stroke bikes.
not alot of american people will post their bikes here, because in some states you can drive a car when your 16

in finland ''scooter age'' is at 15 and than at 16 u get a 125cc if you got money for it
#18 - Jakg
To anyone wondering about the situation in the UK - when your 16 you can get a 50cc bike limited to 50 KM/h (30-ish MPH), but most people run theirs de-restricted. I don't like the "booster" style either but I just found a good looking 50cc 2stroke.
Sorry, but these scooter things are a stupidly bad idea period.

They serve no purpose other than showing off to your 14 year old girlfriend in Tescos car park and pissing off car drivers as we're forced to pass your 30mph strangled sheep on a twisty road.

I mean nothing personal there, just a general rant about scooters and their stereotypical riders.
i bought mine because i was tired of my bycicle and because i liked it etc
i'd prefer a Yamaha Aerox but appearently the Booster handles better and nicer
Quote from Scrabby :i'd prefer a Yamaha Aerox but appearently the Booster handles better and nicer

That, and it simply rides nicer overall. It's also more comfortable. The Aerox isn't designed to be restricted to 49cc/45 kph IMO. It does look a lot sportier than the Booster, but on a moped that only goes about 50 kph that just looks ridiculous
aah, dutch people, you know what i'm talking about
i was going to buy a booster because of the 'tuning' possibility's, but i wanted gears so...

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG