The online racing simulator
Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Is there a limit to how 'abusive' you can be before you get banned, or is it up to individual mods?

I would imagine that although the character of individual mods MAY have an influence on the threshold, they do tend to have a lot of that rare attribute: "COMMON SENSE"
It is often very obvious when somebody is crossing the fine line between being obnoxious and being a total arse...however, they have to take into account past history as well..has somebody snapped a reply at a comment that would normally be out of character for them, or have they always been picking for a fight?
If you think OUR mods are sometimes a bit heavy handed, I suggest you go have a peek at the TDU forums at ATARI..the mods there are VERY strict...insta-bans just for questioning the dedication of the developers...jeez, if we had the Atari mods here, there wouldnt be anybody left on the forum!!!
Well sometimes people get frustrated and angry at stupid things because they have sand in their vaginas over other things, then they take out their frustration in the wrong way. I know all about that, hopefully the cooling off period (excuse the pun) will calm him down.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Is there a limit to how 'abusive' you can be before you get banned, or is it up to individual mods?

If you call anyone a ****, and it isn't me - I'd say those are pretty good grounds (if I was aimed at me, I'd laugh).

You're asking what is a pretty open ended question at the end of the day. We're pretty lenient here, and let a lot of things slide that other places wouldn't - because of this if you're looking for a list it isn't gonna appear. The general rules (treat others as you expect to be treated, etc. etc.) are spelt out in the agreement, but it's pretty flexible.

I will point out that more people get banned for posting cracked content then bad behaviour though.
Phlos for president, Lerts for vice-president!
Elections of Fubaristan Dougie?
Something like that
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you call anyone a ****, and it isn't me - I'd say those are pretty good grounds (if I was aimed at me, I'd laugh).

So are you implying that I could call you an **** and you would laugh? Or am I taking this wrongly?
Quote from piggy501 :So are you implying that I could call you an **** and you would laugh? Or am I taking this wrongly?

he most certainly is a **** moderator **** = 4 star... see what i did .. huh.. huh!!
/me gives Franky a cookie
Oh yes
Quote from the_angry_angel :If you call anyone a ****, and it isn't me - I'd say those are pretty good grounds (if I was aimed at me, I'd laugh).

You're asking what is a pretty open ended question at the end of the day. We're pretty lenient here, and let a lot of things slide that other places wouldn't - because of this if you're looking for a list it isn't gonna appear. The general rules (treat others as you expect to be treated, etc. etc.) are spelt out in the agreement, but it's pretty flexible.

I will point out that more people get banned for posting cracked content then bad behaviour though.

Cock!!!!!Oneoeoeneleeven!

/me is the next to be instabant, though we should all be lucky no redline members are mods, then even Victor will get bant.
www.forums.facepunchstudios.com

See how long you can last. The mods there use short bans as warnings, and permanent bans for serious things and repeat offenders. Also, there are words that if you post them you are instantly banned for 1 or 7 days.
We are (I am) damn lucky that the moderators and all are very flexible cause I would have been banned a lot of times yet. I can enumerate a lot of stuff I did in here without getting banned:

Insulting members;
Posting warez links;
Multiple spam messages;
Flirting with a moderator on MSN (lol);

But I was banned one month for:

Thanking spammage

Doh!
Quote from Riders Motion :We are (I am) damn lucky that the moderators and all are very flexible cause I would have been banned a lot of times yet. I can enumerate a lot of stuff I did in here without getting banned:

Insulting members;
Posting warez links;
Multiple spam messages;
Flirting with a moderator on MSN (lol);

But I was banned one month for:

Thanking spammage

Doh!

you'll probably find the last thing was more the "thats it, lines been crossed a bit too much now" sort of thing, and its more like all of the above put together.. so past offences come into the equation
A certain mod helped me spam
Quote from franky500 :you'll probably find the last thing was more the "thats it, lines been crossed a bit too much now" sort of thing, and its more like all of the above put together.. so past offences come into the equation

Oh nice that means I paid for everything? Now I can start over.
Quote from Riders Motion :Oh nice that means I paid for everything? Now I can start over.

so you think you got away with it eh.... /me goes scanning through Riders Motions' posts.

let me put it this way... Future any future bad doings situation would not be looked at very will if there are Previous offences... Paid for or not

EDIT: Btw fang... tanks for the cookie
You're welcome Franky

If I ever do anything ban-worthy, it's 100% my fault
Ya Rly!
Quote from Bawbag :though we should all be lucky no redline members are mods, then even Victor will get bant.

:chairfall
(note to myself don't drink something and read such comments at the same time)
Quote from BBO@BSR ::chairfall
(note to myself don't drink something and read such comments at the same time)

Lol, well I wrote it while in a similar state so.....
#48 - th84
LOL!

Im gonna sig it!

Thanks, Barfbag!
Just a quick related query, but I was trolloing through my bans.ban file the other evening (for no particular reason ) and noticed a throwback from the days when we coulld auto-add people to the ban list courtesy of the reporting system (now defunct?)
Anyways, I noticed a few names on the list that I just cannot understand why they are on there - I have unbanned them obviously, but I wonder what they must of done or who they upset to get on the list in the first place!

Speak up TAA and TVE! Why was you on my list??
Quote from Bladerunner :.....
Speak up TAA and TVE! Why was you on my list??

because maybe they deserved it?

Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG