Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
Quote from Bladerunner :Just a quick related query, but I was trolloing through my bans.ban file the other evening (for no particular reason ) and noticed a throwback from the days when we coulld auto-add people to the ban list courtesy of the reporting system (now defunct?)
Anyways, I noticed a few names on the list that I just cannot understand why they are on there - I have unbanned them obviously, but I wonder what they must of done or who they upset to get on the list in the first place!

Speak up TAA and TVE! Why was you on my list??

Me??
Banned from where, forum, a server what?
Give me more detailes, I mean, a ban I don't remember got to be a good one

Edit : If it's me I don't even need a reason, I'm me, and that alone is worth a ban.

Common sence votes ban The Very End from coexistence [1/8]
Quote from The Very End :Me??
Banned from where, forum, a server what?
Give me more detailes, I mean, a ban I don't remember got to be a good one

Edit : If it's me I don't even need a reason, I'm me, and that alone is worth a ban.

Common sence votes ban The Very End from coexistence [1/8]

Yep..you were bant from my server! A throwback from when we could opt to have our ban lists updated by the Wrecker Barricade....dunno why, which is why I wasw asking!

Ban TVE from existence..oops, I mean CO-existence [2/8]
Bladey is with dSRC, so it's likely to be a dSRC server. Which means you probably got on the wrong side of Tiny. Which wasn't easy to manage, as she was very tolerant.
TVE did drive a lot on the oval earlier. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Oh, and if it was the "Hardcore" server maybe it is because he uses chase view. Was I banned, too?
Quote from tristancliffe :Bladey is with dSRC, so it's likely to be a dSRC server. Which means you probably got on the wrong side of Tiny. Which wasn't easy to manage, as she was very tolerant.

Aha...Sorry, can't blame you for that particular train of thought, but its wrong

The servers concerned are hosted on MY spare box, and although they bear the [dSRC] tag, they are/were not connected physically to the original [dSRC] Battleground servers, that had to close when our provider went bye-byes on a permanent basis.

The ban list on mine was originated by Wrecker Barricade, a service which Tiny didnt bother with; her opinion (and quite rightly so..) was that SHE would decide who to ban or not to ban, based on the behaviour by individuals on our servers...
(pretty much the ethos to which I subscribe nowadays anyway! )
Quote from Bladerunner :Yep..you were bant from my server! A throwback from when we could opt to have our ban lists updated by the Wrecker Barricade....dunno why, which is why I wasw asking!

Ban TVE from existence..oops, I mean CO-existence [2/8]

I was on the wrecker Barricade! LOL!! Epic! I know I were a **** back in time, but I even whent on the same list as The Stig and the other famous people feeds my ego

Quote from zeugnimod :TVE did drive a lot on the oval earlier. Maybe this has something to do with it.

Oh, and if it was the "Hardcore" server maybe it is because he uses chase view. Was I banned, too?

Hehe yeah, was pretty screwed up, that oval time. Good things changed, tho I miss taking a race on the oval every now and then, still what I did canot be tolerated. Sure I was younger at that time, but still, I desrved that ban.

But enough of that, I think I have became a famous person now lol.
When I join random servers I get a reply from one dude saying how wacko I was for buying Lerts a lisence, and on a other one it was like "woaw! Your the dude using chase veiw" o_O I laughed my balls off and enjoys this ..attention, maybe I am an attention whore
#57 - SamH
Quote from Bladerunner :The ban list on mine was originated by Wrecker Barricade, a service which Tiny didnt bother with; her opinion (and quite rightly so..) was that SHE would decide who to ban or not to ban, based on the behaviour by individuals on our servers...
(pretty much the ethos to which I subscribe nowadays anyway! )

FTR that was the barricade's ethos too. The ban file that was available from the barricade (eventually, after much pressure to create one) was there for those that didn't hold that ethos, and just wanted to go with what the majority on the barricade thought about individuals that were reported there, but the basic premise of the Barricade was to bring the information to the server admins in the form of a report and a replay, and for them to make their own decision and action their own bans. That was the bulk of the content of the barricade, not just an arbitrary bans.ban file. Not that it makes any difference at this point, since it's closed down now, but I wouldn't want the barricade to be remembered as some pan-server banning factory. That's exactly what it was NOT.

Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG