The online racing simulator
Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
Why were they banned?
This isn't the first time I notice a forum regular getting banned without ever seeing or being able to find the reason. If moderators are kind enough, they could give us some answers in this OT-thread.

To get the ball rolling, why was dawesdust_12 banned?
#2 - kirmy
i think your going to have to do a little searching here mate
What user(s) your thinking of?
Silly me, sorry
I have no idea either, guess he broke some lisence rules or such.
Quote from kirmy :i think your going to have to do a little searching here mate

Ok, his last post indicated the reason (a harsh personal insult).

But I've often checked the last posts of a banned user and saw nothing that would be a reason to ban, because obviosly the posts were deleted (sorry, can't think of any usernames right now).
he said something about scawen that was offensive i think.
theres always a reason. thats all i will say. it will vary from person to person. sometimes it may not be the last thing that person done, but might be built up over several wrong doings. Mods will normally tend to just leave a note to somebody who is getting out of hand or place an infraction (warning / cannot start new threads for time period) before doing a ban. The actual ban list here is fairly small (if you do not count Duplicate / Cracker & spammer accounts)
He went from liking LFS to hating it just after he got an iRacing invite and apparently completely snapped in the process so that he insulted everyone who didn't have the same opinion as him.
-
(bmwe30m3) DELETED by bmwe30m3
Quote from bmwe30m3 :but Ian.H

Was very offencive and somethimes an A very big ... pain in the ASS
Just out of intrest is dustin dawes and dawedust_12 the same guy? Bit confusing with 2 accounts...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just out of intrest is dustin dawes and dawedust_12 the same guy? Bit confusing with 2 accounts...

I think yes, but apparently no moderator caught it yet.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Just out of intrest is dustin dawes and dawedust_12 the same guy? Bit confusing with 2 accounts...

More than likely, but I think he's keeping a low profile if it is.
Well I don't think they can ban his second account cause that one has broken no rules.
Quote from Luke.S :Well I don't think they can ban his second account cause that one has broken no rules.

Do you realize that this makes no sense?

If it were like that everybody could just break forum rules, get banned, create a new account and start from the beginning.

And isn't it a rule not to have two accounts anyway?
Quote from zeugnimod :Do you realize that this makes no sense?

If it were like that everybody could just break forum rules, get banned, create a new account and start from the beginning.

And isn't it a rule not to have two accounts anyway?

usually is on most forums...
#20 - SamH
Dustin has 3 S2 accounts in total. He was banned on one (for a month), for becoming extremely abusive. I've spoken to him a few times since (he's my teammate and a very good friend) and he fully accepts the reasons for the ban, and said that he will respect it and not post on either of his other accounts. When Dustin returns I'm sure he'll be his old, fun self.

As Franky says, though, nobody gets banned without reason. Very often when we ban someone we also make a decision to remove the offensive content/reason for the ban from public view. This can make ban-chasing, for those that choose to go investigating such things, somewhat hit-and-miss. If you can't find the reason why someone got banned, that doesn't mean there is no reason for them to be banned.
#21 - wark
I still miss kidcodea. I don't know what offense could warrant offending the entire community by painfully extracting a character like that (both times). It's like waking up to see that lerts has been banned.
well it was only a 1 month ban, more of a cooling off time to think about things if you like
Quote from wark :I still miss kidcodea.

Looks like he left LFS a long time ago
http://********************/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=10

hmm looks like links to his geek x blog site are also banned here
I don't care
Is there a limit to how 'abusive' you can be before you get banned, or is it up to individual mods?
Quote from BBO@BSR :Look at this thread i.e.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=853934#post853934

The mods etc. have seen / read more from him then many of us, I guess.
So I'm sure they had their reasons

From that:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes, because the forum is now practicing censorship to give the faux illusion that all is "Happy Happy, Joy Joy" here, which I think is crap. Sure it was OT, but deleting it was worse. Moderation should have moved it to a new (locked) topic, not gone all censor on it by deleting it.

Apparently open criticism is no longer welcome on these forums, as is demonstrated by Ian's new member title.

Great job guys...

Ha ha...I always find it funny that some think there is a sort of democracy on any internet forum, where in truth, you have to run it like a benevolent dictatorship to excise control.

Why were they banned?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG