The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :Tristan you NEVER shut up about Hamilton. Your worse than Hamilton fanboys! Every post you make it's Hamitlon this and Hamilton that. eVery post on F1 you make is about... HAMILTON. In fact your just the same as ITV! lol

He was answering to a post that I made I believe about Hamilton. He can't be the same as ITV as he seems to dispise Hamilton.

@ Tristan : That's more like it . TBH, you're right, Kubica is just great. Maybe he doesn't always get first place but he scores every race. His races are consistent and at a fast pace. I like his style of driving too. As for LH, I don't really hear of him with the media and such so I probably don't realise how cocky he really is and all I see is what happens on the track and sometimes with the press after the race.
I think Hamilton just returns to the level he is supposed to be on.

last year just went too smooth.
Quote from JJ72 :I think Hamilton just returns to the level he is supposed to be on.

last year just went too smooth.

I wonder if having a team-mate who knows how to set up a F1 could be related to that
Doesn't poor old De La Rosa does all the work?
Quote from JJ72 :Doesn't poor old De La Rosa does all the work?

He just helps developing the car, not the setup I think..
In F1 racing I read he actually does some setup work, although not entirely since he can only predict what the racing driver wants from the car, according to their styles.
Not sure about setup although I know he designed the front wing.
Quote from Kalev EST :Ehm... no... more like: I don´t like you because the majority of the forum DOES like you.

Explains why I don´t like Ziggy.

You know nothing.

I get at least 10 hate-PMs per day.
Quote from diablo21 :Not sure about setup although I know he designed the front wing.

Who? PDLR? I don't think a professional racing driver will have much input into the design of a CAD/CFD/FEA Carbon Composite wing designed to work with the rest of the aerodynamic package... That is the job of highly skilled Engineers with years of experience, and many many man hours, not to mention thousands of computer hours.

I doubt a driver has had much to say about the actual design of a wing for years. They might give feedback on a design, but that is MILES different to actually designing it.
Quote from JJ72 :In F1 racing I read he actually does some setup work, although not entirely since he can only predict what the racing driver wants from the car, according to their styles.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't.

Setup is for individual drivers. PDR no doubt gives feedback on new components and how different setups interact with those components, giving the data to the race drivers and engineers so that they can tweak the car to their liking.

So some setup, but only for engineering feedback, not for actually setting it up for the race drivers.
Quote from JJ72 :Doesn't poor old De La Rosa does all the work?

Yup... he is involved in the setup proccess, but I heard from himself that astro-boy is not taking his advices and tweaking the car for himself
Quote from samjh :I'm pretty sure he wouldn't.

Setup is for individual drivers. PDR no doubt gives feedback on new components and how different setups interact with those components, giving the data to the race drivers and engineers so that they can tweak the car to their liking.

So some setup, but only for engineering feedback, not for actually setting it up for the race drivers.

but the baseline setup is mostly the same, you won't find setups too radically different on an F1 car because the performance window is pretty much controlled by the car design, and that's a pretty small window. for example spring/anti-roll/damping are all established to an extent in testing/setup rigs.
Quote from Berty BERT BERT :I really dislike the way anything Mclaren related gets a penalty but yet when it comes to Ferrari they're always let off. Did Kimi get a stop and go at Fugi last year for not starting on the correct tyres? I can't remember. For sure Mclaren would have.

that was a communication problem and not entirely ferrari's fault, what advantage would they gain by going out in the wrong tire anyway?

and ferrari already paid rather heavily having to come in for a extra stop.

I like how Mclaren fans blame everything for the FIA.
Quote from Berty BERT BERT :This is something I thought about at the French GP. Most of the cars are running the same front wing that Mclaren did last year? So why can't they get the same treatment Mclaren did last year as it's an obvious rip off.

Perhaps you need to think a bit more about the differences between seeing a solution and emulating it (with tweaks to make it work with a cars particular design ethos), and effectively stealing design data to copy something.

There is a HUGE difference between copying other cars and gaining the actual design information in underhand ways then lying about it repeatedly.
So... uh... anyone else read Racecar Engineering magazine?

For all the complaints about "too much aero", it's pretty much the only random variable which helps keep things unique.
Quote from tristancliffe :Who? PDLR? I don't think a professional racing driver will have much input into the design of a CAD/CFD/FEA Carbon Composite wing designed to work with the rest of the aerodynamic package... That is the job of highly skilled Engineers with years of experience, and many many man hours, not to mention thousands of computer hours.

I doubt a driver has had much to say about the actual design of a wing for years. They might give feedback on a design, but that is MILES different to actually designing it.

That's what he said.
Quote from Mattesa :For all the complaints about "too much aero", it's pretty much the only random variable which helps keep things unique.

It's not, but everything that brings the field together and helps creating a race rather than a procession is a GOOD thing...
Quote from Berty BERT BERT :I agree with you there was no advantage, the point I was making is if it had been Mclaren, I feel they would have recieved a penalty because it broke the rules. I often thought a penalty can come about because a rival team challenges it. Maybe Mclaren get challenged the most on those things. Rules are rules however.

"I feel they would have" isn't the same as "they would be".
Quote from Berty BERT BERT :
I really dislike the way anything Mclaren related gets a penalty but yet when it comes to Ferrari they're always let off. Did Kimi get a stop and go at Fugi last year for not starting on the correct tyres? I can't remember. For sure Mclaren would have.

Let me refresh your memory.
Ferrari got forced to change tyres at the Japanese GP in 2007 since they started under heavy rain on intermediate tyres and there was an e-mail by the race administration asking to all teams to use wet tyres.

Ferrari got the communication late and was forced by the race administration to change tyres. The email was proven to arrive 7 minutes into the race and it had to arrive before the start. If a proper email communication procedure was set up, this case wouldn't have happened.

It was just another FIA blunder, and rules for email communication changed later, while F1 News talked about private apologies from FIA to Ferrari since Ferrari was damaged by a poor communication system, although the result of the race wouldn't probably have changed at all.

So there was no stop and go, and Ferrari didn't get away scot-free as some people may like to believe: in fact, they paid for something that was proven not to be their fault. Domenicali told the press what happened, clarified there was no responsibility from Ferrari and then left it all behind.

F1 2008 French GP ***SPOILERS***
(294 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG