The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Well, I'm still waiting for an invite. I'm guessing this could take a week or two so I'm tryin different sims. (GTR2 so far).

Hope I can join the action soon.
EP, prepare for any people (girlfriend, parents) to instantly hate you because all you want to do is drive

(Yeah, I had a bit of a disagreement with gf because of iRacing... evil sim it is.)
Not to mention your no-show at IGTC. ty for that.
lol my dad's already pissed cuz I'm always on LFS. And he was yelling at me while I was driving in OneGP and crashed so many times and got pissed n left the server :S.

So, I'm pretty much used to racing all day. :P And trust me when I'll be paying myself for a game for only 1 month I'll take full advantage of my time with the sim. :P
1 month only?! Heck, after this month, I'm going for a 1 year subscription because it's great.
lol well yeah. That's the thing. It might end up being more then a month but it's kinda like I'm buying a demo. :P Chances are that I'll be buying another month but I don't have 200$ to spend on a sim. I don't exactly crap money ( I wish I did).
I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this right now ;p
This is getting bad... I'ts 01:40 and I'm waiting to join for one more race so I can achieve my goal by having both Road and Oval SR over 4.0 by the end of Summer B serie.

Btw, one thing that really impresses me is how involved devs are with racing community. It's not uncommon to find them chatting with people on pre-race chatroom, answering questions and taking feedback straight from racers.
I also like that professional racers like dale earnhardt jr are on the forum, and that dale explained about certain setup options. Racing with them is even better
Some people up for the advanced Solstice at Summit Point? Got my rating high enough just in time for the last race before track change
My rating won't be high enough. I'm basically going for this last race as my prayer to improve SR.

Although I have found a way to do really quick, consistent laps now too

well, my rating jumped .09 this past TT, I think if I do this race incident free (my TT I had 2 incidents) my SR should jump up to being nearly enough.
Lol, seems I'm not the only one who did some grinding tonight. Had a race (which didn't go too well and had me ending up with 3 incidents two of which were my fault) a qualifying and a couple of TTs. SR is up to 3.44, so I'm done for tonight.
Summit Point is a fantastic circuit, how it got through a safety inspection I don't know, it has trees much closer to the outside of corners than we have barriers to the inside on a lot of European tracks.

That tightening last turn is a tricky one, unfortunately I spun in front of the pack of cars that was about to lap me and took several cars out, I feel like a complete noob
Quote from Linsen :Lol, seems I'm not the only one who did some grinding tonight. Had a race (which didn't go too well and had me ending up with 3 incidents two of which were my fault) a qualifying and a couple of TTs. SR is up to 3.44, so I'm done for tonight.

Ok that confirms it. It's like WoW and people are addicted to the stats and collecting shiny stuff.

Or is just so awesome to drive? I'm very tempted, very tempted to try it when so many people from LFS are getting on it. But given my current situation with doing army service I would only have few hours play time per weekend and that wouldn't be much for the money you'd pay.

Well, I guess I have to rot and wait.
Don't know if I'm blind , but I cant see any min/recommended PC specs on the website?
Well, it says basically a decent GFX card, 1 GB of RAM and a dual core processor, which is true in a way, and provides a good experience.
Quote from SamH :Not to mention your no-show at IGTC. ty for that.

Ahh, i wondered where you guys were tonight...i miss lapping you

Not even a public apology to you from Dustin... Shame on him

Sorry for OT guys, back to that other Sim you guys are playing.......

I look forward to the day iRacing provides the kind of racing seen in tonight's IGTC

EDIT (not in any way a dig BTW..i would just love to see GT endurance racing, Driver changes and all the team work that Leagues like IGTC provides, with the iRacing tracks and engine...That would be Epic!)
Quote from ajp71 :Summit Point is a fantastic circuit, how it got through a safety inspection I don't know, it has trees much closer to the outside of corners than we have barriers to the inside on a lot of European tracks.

You mean the short Jefferson version of the track? After the fast left hander before the back straight there are trees lined up without any safety precaution in the run off area, totally crazy to race there for real.
Quote from George Kuyumji :You mean the short Jefferson version of the track? After the fast left hander before the back straight there are trees lined up without any safety precaution in the run off area, totally crazy to race there for real.

Yeah the Jefferson layout, wikipedia reveals it is only used for training courses and bike track days. The main circuit is still ridiculously dangerous, a quick search on youtube showed three videos with cars going into trees at high speed, two in exactly the same spot.
Quote from Technique :reminds me of my last race at lime rock!

http://downshift.blip.tv/file/1032388/ ... blip tv is annoying... !!!%

Hey Technique, I assume the videos on the sidebar are also yours? I was watching your LFS race videos and the FPS indicates less than 10! Is that right, or is the video capture really slowing things down?

I'm curious about your system spec of course... if a system running LFS at 10fps can still run iRacing, than my 2ghz, 2gb ram, onboard-video-card computer might stand a chance.
My system sucks and some of those videos were recorded at 1600x1200 resolution because I'm an idiot Fraps really slows my system down like mad.

It's an AMD 3400+, 1GB Crucial ballistix, nvidia 6800GT. You can build a really smokin system for ~$800.

As good as iRacing is, look how unrealistic those crashes were. That car that flew up high in the air looked like it was attached to elastic bands. It's also evident how the netcode just fails when it can't predict where the cars are. They just kind of disappear.
Quote from Technique :My system sucks and some of those videos were recorded at 1600x1200 resolution because I'm an idiot Fraps really slows my system down like mad.

It's an AMD 3400+, 1GB Crucial ballistix, nvidia 6800GT. You can build a really smokin system for ~$800.

Ah, I see. Well that's not bad at all.
Hmm, Laguna seca with adv. solstice, here I come. Any LFSers planning to take part on the next adv. solstice@laguna race today?
What safety rating do you need to race the advanced cars ?
Above 3.0
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG