The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Feature request for a next version of Lapper.

Possibility to check for a specific setup to be used by all drivers on the server. I think this should be relatively simple to implement. Load the file and generate a hashcode for it. Check this hashcode against the hashcode from the setup of every driver leaving the garage.
Hi, features request...

Lot of teams organize championship and coul be useful to develope functions that help race director:

- schedule events (official league races)
- permit racers to join official races based on "List of user qualifying"
- on official races assign points to racers
- admin must be able to assign penalties after the event

I think also that lappers could be an "open source" alternative to ctra-x system.

If any of us would contribute to Gai-Luron beatiful software it could be a "must have" add-on.

@Gai-Luron: try to build a developement team, any of us could do something useful... (me only webdesign... and not php, sorry)
Hello lysergic,

Open source
LFSLapper is Open source ( i haved some problem in past in reason of this choice )! For now, there is not a Dev Team, i am alone and I have no idea how to manage a dev Team! At this time i try to completely change the cfg file for future extensions and it's a hard work with many internal change in LFSLapper. I have solved a part of problems, but there is much work. ( i hope this change don't benefit to other dev without care of the initial developper )

Manage system league
I think that is not a work for lapper to manage league system. I think this function will be done by an external automated programm like this ( www.liguesfr.com ). Lapper have sufficient functionnality for now to help an external programm to manage League.
I made this PHP/SQL league programm for FRH Team, PLFS Team and LFS France , but for now i don't want release source because i can't maintain this for more than one or 2 users. I haven't time to do tutorial, automated install, etc... sorry

Request Feature
I add requested feature if i think that feature are a good idea and if it's possible to do this on Lapper due to Lapper or LFS restrictions.

Next version
Please, be patient! i do my possible

Bye

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :

Manage system league
I think that is not a work for lapper to manage league system. I think this function will be done by an external automated programm like this ( www.liguesfr.com ).

How can I use it? Is avaiable for others?
Hey Gai-Luron, i have a problem with auto-restart and track change config.

Quote from myconfig :
##################################################################
# Race Control
# InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = Laps between Vote are allowed on race
# InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = 0-0 Vote are never allowed
# InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = -5 Vote allowed between first lap and 5 lap
# InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = 2- Vote allowed between laps 2 and end of race
# InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = - Vote always allowed
#
# AutoRestartRaceMn = Minute between End of a race and an automatic restart
AutoRestartRaceMn = 1
#
# Rotation work only if AutoRestartRaceMn is set
# EnableRotation = Allow or diallow rotation for track and/or car
# Values : true or false
# RotateTracks = track to rotate separated by ','
# RotateCars = cars to rotate separated by ',' Use LFS definition for car, if not set, no car rotation
# RotateEveryNbRaces = Number of race to do before rotation
#
InRaceLapsVoteMinMax = -;
LapperAdminVote = false;
VoteRestart = 75;
VoteQualify = 75;
VoteEnd = 75;
VoteLifeSec = 30;

AutoRestartRaceMn = 1

EnableRotation = true;
RotateTracks = BL1, FE2, SO1, FE1R, BL1R, SO4, FE3, BL1R, FE1, SO1R, FE2R, SO4R;
RotateEveryNbRaces = 7;
RotateCars = XFG+XRG;

It just wont work, doesnt restart and doesnt trackchange, is there any mistake in it?
Hi Bash,

Look at the top of the config u quoted and on the left you will see a HASH # missing on the line AutoRestartRaceMn = 1 meaning u have two of these commands now, try putting a hash infront of top one, see if that helps.
Thank you, i give it a try now.

But now i have some further questions:

- Is it possible to display a message before the race restarts?
- Is it possible to set the amount of laps per track (FE1=10 Laps, SO1=5 Laps)
- Is it possible to load layouts together with the track change?
Hello guys,

Yesterday we moved a gameserver with the Lapper on it (nothing to worry about, I thought). The problem it that the server starts counting from 0. He does'nt see any laps (with the !laps command). Also with a "clean" installation of the Lapper with the existing PB.txt and DriftPB.txt it holds the same problem. Is there a possibility that the text files are corrupt, or do I need to look somewhere else for this problem. Thanks!

- Jasper
Quote from w00h00 :Hello guys,

Yesterday we moved a gameserver with the Lapper on it (nothing to worry about, I thought). The problem it that the server starts counting from 0. He does'nt see any laps (with the !laps command). Also with a "clean" installation of the Lapper with the existing PB.txt and DriftPB.txt it holds the same problem. Is there a possibility that the text files are corrupt, or do I need to look somewhere else for this problem. Thanks!

- Jasper

Hey Jasper,

I tried this too, and this is the problem:
When you use a PB.txt from another server and restart the lapper, the lapper ignores all the PB's registered in the PB.txt.
Today I spent many hours on learning the new button system and I must say they work like a charm. I made a simple adminsystem with them but found some small problems:

When I make a button to broadcast a RCM, the RCM isn't cleared:

/pbut alarm,100,0,20,10,10,-1,16,^1Alarm,"/rcm {Nickname}^3{colon} There's a problem, see chat!|/rcm_all";

Further I can't get the adminsystem to work from a file of authorised users. I made the following code:

addCmd("!admin","&./cmd.flt") = blablabla;

But it won't read the FLT-file and also didn't work with cmd.txt

The last thing is a question, is it possible to make a button in which you can enter text? This would be useful for kicking/banning people. Reading insim.txt says it should be possible so I hope this can be build into Lapper. Thanks for the help and a BIG thank you for this great program.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :When I make a button to broadcast a RCM, the RCM isn't cleared:

/rcc_all is the function to stop showing the RCM message
Quote from Silox :/rcc_all is the function to stop showing the RCM message

Thanks for that but Lapper does that automaticly when you use: /rcm blablabla |/rcm_all
This works fine when a race is started but not when activated using a button. (my syntax could be wrong ofcourse but I tried all sorts of options and nothing works.
I found a small bug in 5.641. It's not possible to display !top xrg (or any other car) when default car is set to xfg. The only thing that's displayed is the list of the default car. If possible, change the default car when rotation is happening.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Today I spent many hours on learning the new button system and I must say they work like a charm. I made a simple adminsystem with them but found some small problems:

When I make a button to broadcast a RCM, the RCM isn't cleared:

/pbut alarm,100,0,20,10,10,-1,16,^1Alarm,"/rcm {Nickname}^3{colon} There's a problem, see chat!|/rcm_all";

Further I can't get the adminsystem to work from a file of authorised users. I made the following code:

addCmd("!admin","&./cmd.flt") = blablabla;

But it won't read the FLT-file and also didn't work with cmd.txt

The last thing is a question, is it possible to make a button in which you can enter text? This would be useful for kicking/banning people. Reading insim.txt says it should be possible so I hope this can be build into Lapper. Thanks for the help and a BIG thank you for this great program.

Hi Yisc,
I tried this and it works fine with my admin list but i can't show a nickname in a button.

addCmd("!kick","&./admin.lst") = /kick {*};
addCmd("!alarm","&./admin.lst") =
/pbut alarm,100,0,20,10,10,-1,16,^1Alarm,"/pbut alarm,70,50,150,10,10,5,96, ^3There's a problem. See chat!"; ( edit: OK It's not a broadcast ,i saw this to late)
Hello,

To broadcast use gpbut

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :Hello,

To broadcast use gpbut

Gai-Luron

I used gpbut and received the message "unknown command"
When I try gbut it does work (same as pbut) but broadcast isn't canceled after X time.

/gbut alarm,100,0,20,10,10,-1,16,^1Alarm,"/rcm {Nickname}^3{colon} There's a problem, see chat!|/rcm_all";

I also tried with an adminlist.txt again but it doesn't work

addCmd("!admin","&./adminlist.txt") = blablabla;
For now in gbut command use gbut with timer set instead /rcm if /rcm_all don't work in button.
I don't think i fix it because change in config file for the next release

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :For now in gbut command use gbut with timer set instead /rcm if /rcm_all don't work in button.
I don't think i fix it because change in config file for the next release

Gai-Luron

Okay, thanks for your answer.
can you give us any direction when the new version will be ready?
Need drift score.. : P
Hi
I have edited the config file to fit my needs...
Lapper is active and working, however there are 1 small (HUGE) problem.
It doesn't count drift points...
I have looked in the config file over and over again, and I can't find the
problem... I hope someone can help...

Thanks in advance.

Nemox
Quote from Nemox :Hi
I have edited the config file to fit my needs...
Lapper is active and working, however there are 1 small (HUGE) problem.
It doesn't count drift points...
I have looked in the config file over and over again, and I can't find the
problem... I hope someone can help...

Thanks in advance.

Nemox

Show your config file so we can look . Works fine over here :yikes:
When do you release new version Gai ?
Has anyone managed to get the handicap aspect to work so that one car type for all players has an intake restriction? For example if I wanted to make anyone who gets in an FOX required to do a 15% intake restriction. I've tried testing this and I can't get it to spectate me and when using !hand it shows the restriction requirement but shows me as a driver as no restriction required. Any thoughts?
Quote from Tim NL :Show your config file so we can look . Works fine over here :yikes:

This is it. and yes, I have a admin pass in the original...
Thanks in advance...
Attached files
LFSLapper.txt - 23.5 KB - 196 views
Quote :
OnToLowHandicap =
/spectate {Nickname}|
/msg {Nickname}^3 spectated for to low handicap|
/msg ^3need {H_Mass}kg and {H_TRes}% of intake restriction!

Hi,

/spec not /spectate

Hope this helps
Hi Nemox,

Try this part i removed a lot # in the drifting options.
And check the reply of Andy King
Attached files
Drifting options.txt - 3.1 KB - 251 views
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG