The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
yea but i think that server admin can have a selection ,player select pitboard postion or admin make it default and player cant change it
Quote from oldnavy :yea but i think that server admin can have a selection ,player select pitboard postion or admin make it default and player cant change it

But why you want to do that? Players use all sorts of settings so the choice of the admin could hinder the player. No, I don't think that's a good idea.
Hi
i have a small problem
When i press !drf and !dstats. i dont see nothing.
what can i do??
thx
Quote from Yisc[NL] :But why you want to do that?

On servers where FCV is always enforced maybe?
Quote from Bass-Driver :Hi
i have a small problem
When i press !drf and !dstats. i dont see nothing.
what can i do??
thx

My best guess is that the driftsections are commented out in the configuration file.
Try to remove /* and */ in those sections and try again.
If you can't find it, upload your config-file to this forum and I will help you.
Quote from OldBloke :On servers where FCV is always enforced maybe?

Okay that could be a valid point. But then it isn't that much work for a player to set it to the right place for her/him, save the settings and you're done. I know admins are there to provide a good racing expierence (being one myself) but I don't like it when admins have too much influence on things they shouldn't worry about. The Pitboard is a tool for players to compare times, splits etc. with them selfs or the competitor in front/behind them and has nothing to do with admins at all.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :My best guess is that the driftsections are commented out in the configuration file.
Try to remove /* and */ in those sections and try again.
If you can't find it, upload your config-file to this forum and I will help you.

I removed that
the driftpoints works but only !drf and !dstats doesnt work
thx for help me.
Attached files
LFSLapper1.txt - 40.7 KB - 229 views
Quote from Yisc[NL] :The Pitboard is a tool for players to compare times, splits etc. with them selfs or the competitor in front/behind them and has nothing to do with admins at all.

Yep +1 Good work Yisc
@Gai-Luron or Yisc

Is it posible in the new version of lapper to create array's and use FOR-NEXT in the config script's?

Example something like :

For n = 0 To 24
IF( $Player(n) == "" )
THEN
Do something
ENDIF
Next n

Quote from Bass-Driver :I removed that
the driftpoints works but only !drf and !dstats doesnt work
thx for helping me.

I tried your script (only put in an admin password) drove some laps to get driftpoints and then !drf and !dstats are returning values to me. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that Lapper can't write the file to store the values. If that's the case, !drf and !dstats can't read the file (since it isn't there) and don't return any values. So, make sure you have read/write rights on the folder where Lapper wants to write the files.
Quote from Tim NL :@Gai-Luron or Yisc

Is it posible in the new version of lapper to create array's and use FOR-NEXT in the config script's?

Yes that's possible. See attached code which stores the username along with some values when a player connects to the server.

### Add UserName to $user_array together with $number_of_stops ###
FOR ($i=1;$i<=32;$i=$i+1)
IF ($user_array[$i,1] == "")
THEN
$user_array[$i,1] = GetCurrentPlayerVar( "UserName" );
$user_array[$i,2] = $number_of_stops_w1;
$user_array[$i,3] = $number_of_stops_w2;
$user_array[$i,4] = $number_of_stops_w3;
BREAK;
ENDIF
ENDFOR
### End ###

Quote from Yisc[NL] :I tried your script (only put in an admin password) drove some laps to get driftpoints and then !drf and !dstats are returning values to me. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that Lapper can't write the file to store the values. If that's the case, !drf and !dstats can't read the file (since it isn't there) and don't return any values. So, make sure you have read/write rights on the folder where Lapper wants to write the files.

Ok !dstats works
but !drf doesnt , i found something in the config file about it.

#############
#Default Car#
#############
# Default car to show, when no car is specified in command !top or !drf and when a player haven't used a car on this server
# You can combine several cars by using + (example: "XFG+XRG";)
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
#$DefaultTopCar = "UF1";
$DefaultTopCar = "XFG";
#$DefaultTopCar = "XRG";
#$DefaultTopCar = "XRT";
#$DefaultTopCar = "RB4";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FXO";
#$DefaultTopCar = "LX4";
#$DefaultTopCar = "LX6";
#$DefaultTopCar = "RAC";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FZ5";
#$DefaultTopCar = "MRT";
#$DefaultTopCar = "XFR";
#$DefaultTopCar = "UFR";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FOX";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FO8";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FXR";
#$DefaultTopCar = "XRR";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FZR";
#$DefaultTopCar = "BF1";
#$DefaultTopCar = "FBM";

I was forgot to tell that !drf work for XFG and not for the other cars.
so if i delete the # for the other cars maybe it helps.???
or i need to wait for more people in my server.
thx
Quote from oldnavy :yea but i think that server admin can have a selection ,player select pitboard postion or admin make it default and player cant change it

Not a good idea, as I'm getting complaints from other racers that there's already too much other stuff (rcm messages, pitboards, drift scoreboards, etc) cluttering up the screen when they connect to my server. They want things off by default, and to put things on only if wanted.

As I'm the one with the server, I can dictate what I want, but if I don't listen to what people say, then they won't come back. So I compromise.

If Yisc gives us the code, then you may be able to reverse engineer, and fix the position. Nothing Yisc could do about it (except not give us the code, or hard wire into LFSLapper direct, I suppose).

I prefer having Yisc's pitboard on the bottom left, but I'm testing new drift scoreboards, so now have it top right (keeping bottom right for normal LFS messages and functions). But I don't like it there, as I'm used to things being on left - maybe comes from being British and driving on left side of road, so need clear view of middle (my right) of road. Others likely have the same kind of preferences.
Quote from Bass-Driver :Ok !dstats works
but !drf doesnt , i found something in the config file about it.

I was forgot to tell that !drf work for XFG and not for the other cars.
so if i delete the # for the other cars maybe it helps.???
or i need to wait for more people in my server.
thx

If you are driving other cars, you have to add them to $DefaultTopcar like:

$DefaultTopCar="XFG+XRG+UF1";
Quote from Yisc[NL] :If you are driving other cars, you have to add them to $DefaultTopcar like:

$DefaultTopCar="XFG+XRG+UF1";

|

thx it works now
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Yes that's possible. See attached code which stores the username along with some values when a player connects to the server.

### Add UserName to $user_array together with $number_of_stops ###
FOR ($i=1;$i<=32;$i=$i+1)
IF ($user_array[$i,1] == "")
THEN
$user_array[$i,1] = GetCurrentPlayerVar( "UserName" );
$user_array[$i,2] = $number_of_stops_w1;
$user_array[$i,3] = $number_of_stops_w2;
$user_array[$i,4] = $number_of_stops_w3;
BREAK;
ENDIF
ENDFOR
### End ###

Thanks, thats super ( cant hardly wait to see the new version lol ) Good work
Lapper 5.825b (beta)
Update:

- new feature for league players / admins: !connected
- new feature for players: !status (x)

Autorefresh is set at 10 seconds but you can click refresh any time you like.
When being added to the "admins" group a reset button (this will reset player status of all players to 1) is shown.

!status = display current status (1 = not ready by default)
!status 0 = set status to: ready
!status 1 = set status to: not ready
!status 2 = set status to: spectator

I know the !connected screen isn't fully related to the Pitboard but it's used by league admins to check if all players are ready to start a race.
Since I had to build it anyway for the leagues I'm hosting, I figured it couldn't harm anyone to test it right now.
The difference with the previous version of !connected is that there isn't that much code required to get the same result and all players are allowed to look at the connect screen now.

ToDo list:

- Expand the code to check tyre change on pitstops
- Add lost/gained X time per sector again

Please report any problems you find or wished you have.

Server-name: lapper[test]
Password: testing
Update:

- Added option to display lost/gained messages
- Changed !status to display status in text instead of 0,1,2

ToDo list:

- Expand the code to check tyre change on pitstops
- Add messages about Safetycar to the text-mode of the Pitboard

Please report any problems you find or wished you have.

Server-name: lapper[test]
Password: testing
Can GuiLuron/Yisc advise if any work has been done on the Drift part of your new LFSLapper?

Just that I use V5.714 of the "old" one, and this doesn't appear to work properly.

For instance, if you set min speed, min and max angles, you still get a score displaying regardless if you drift outwith these set criteria.

As an example, I set min speed to 200kph, min angle to 45 deg, and max angle to 46 deg, and still managed to get the score ($DriftScore + $LastDriftScore) to display when drifting a UF1 or any other car.

However. It would appear that once you have a score, if you then fall below the set minimum speed, your score is still shown, but not recorded at the end of the lap. Min and Max angles make no difference. If you can keep the speed up, you get the score.
the top not working
Can the "$Dist" variable be amended so that it no longer has 12 decimal places?

2 or 3 would probably be ok.

Don't know how it shows in Km, but for us old fashioned British people who still use miles, it looks a bit strange!

I've attached code if anyone wants to use it themselves.
Attached images
MyStats.jpg
Attached files
mystats.txt - 1.2 KB - 197 views
Quote from sinanju :Don't know how it shows in Km, but for us old fashioned British people who still use miles, it looks a bit strange!

shouldn't it use the setting of the kmh/mph switch in the shift+i menu?

(OT: i always found it odd that lapper had this setting, i can set it to mph even though lfs is set to kph. makes the accelerometer look funny. :shrug
Quote from bunder9999 :shouldn't it use the setting of the kmh/mph switch in the shift+i menu?

(OT: i always found it odd that lapper had this setting, i can set it to mph even though lfs is set to kph. makes the accelerometer look funny. :shrug

shift-i setting - you would have thought so, but it doesn't.

ALSO.

If you use shift-i when you have lapper running, it closes every one of your buttons!

You can still use commands (e.g. !top, !near, etc), but everything else is invisible!
bug report
hallo,
i have issue with $ShortDate variable.
instead of 09.03.09 (dd.MM.yy) i receive 9.23.09 (attached screenshot) - only one digit in day number and 23 instead 03 in month number...
possibly hapends because of localized windows environment?

regards!
Attached images
lapper_shorttime.jpg
:ices_rofl at You've done 6 laps which is approx 13.048799346789301 Miles.

Never heard of float rounding, huh, Yisc?
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG