The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Yisc[NL] :No that's not possible. Trackrotation is hardcoded into Lapper. Ofcourse you could write manual code to work around it. Something (I do this straight out of my head) like this:

snip

note that this would only work if the race is currently ended. calling OnRotateTrack while the race is going on doesn't really do anything.

Event onVoteRestartReach()
closeGlobalButton( "bargr1&bargr2" );
IF ($RotateIn <= -5)
THEN
onVoteEndReach();
ELSE
cmdLFS("/restart");
ENDIF
EndEvent

Event onVoteEndReach()
closeGlobalButton( "barge1&barge2" );
cmdLFS("/end");
/* System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(4000); */
OnRotateTrack();
EndEvent

Event OnRotateTrack()
IF ($CurrRotateTrack == "WE1R")
THEN
cmdLFS("/laps 4");
ELSE
IF ($CurrRotateTrack == "KY2")
THEN
cmdLFS("/laps 4");
ELSE
cmdLFS("/laps 6");
ENDIF
ENDIF

cmdLFS("/msg Next Track = " . $CurrLongRotateTrack);
/* track has already changed at this point, so this is correct */
cmdLFS("/msg Track changing, please wait...");
EndEvent

i could use that sleep in a couple other places, but it appears that making lapper temporarily pause isn't currently possible. (but yisc already knew that, just wanted to point that out though )

edit: i got a feature request too... can we have a "PB" store for 0-100 and possibly finish line speedtraps?
I was wondering if this lapper suport server with ful layout or just any cut layouts??.

I was wondering how al this stuf works becaus i wat to learn how to host
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I was wondering if this lapper suport server with ful layout or just any cut layouts??.

I was wondering how al this stuf works becaus i wat to learn how to host

Lapper supports any layout.
Just getting to grips with LFS Lapper for the first time. Is it possible to rotate track by time (every n hours, days, etc.) rather than by number of races?
Quote from modelmotorracing :Just getting to grips with LFS Lapper for the first time. Is it possible to rotate track by time (every n hours, days, etc.) rather than by number of races?

not without breaking the auto-rotater and being forced to code your own.
Quote from modelmotorracing :Just getting to grips with LFS Lapper for the first time. Is it possible to rotate track by time (every n hours, days, etc.) rather than by number of races?

Yes that's possible scheduled actions:

#Syntax: ss mm hh dd MM YYYY

Register ScheduleAction( "0 0 0 * * *", SA_mid );
Sub SA_mid() # Lapper Event
cmdLFS("/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!");
cmdLFS("/rcm_all");
EndSub

Quote from Yisc[NL] :Yes that's possible scheduled actions:

#Syntax: ss mm hh dd MM YYYY

Register ScheduleAction( "0 0 0 * * *", SA_mid );
Sub SA_mid() # Lapper Event
cmdLFS("/rcm Midnight warning to all working men!");
cmdLFS("/rcm_all");
EndSub

except that if you change the track to the next track in rotation, and then let auto-rotate kick in, you'll end up driving the same track twice.
Quote from bunder9999 :except that if you change the track to the next track in rotation, and then let auto-rotate kick in, you'll end up driving the same track twice.

You should not use both systems. Let rotation do it's job or make something yourself.
that's what i had to do sadly. the code looks like a horrid mess, but it works.
Lapper 5.825b (beta) + Pitboard 2.x (beta)
Update:

- Several bugs fixed
- Added option to set the Pitboard to any place you like
- Added option to disable Pitboard (set position to -1)

ToDo list:

- Add option to save Pitboard settings
- Add option to read Pitboard settings when connecting to server
- Add option to adjust time for yellow split (yellow split is now given when driving a split within 0.00.15 of best split)
- Add option to check tyrechange on pitstop

There's a known problem with !top and !near (screen could not be closed) so don't report that.
Please do report any other problems you find or wished you have.

Server-name: lapper[test]
Password: testing
Tried your new lapper.

Very much liked the level of detail, and that you can move it about. Maybe though able to do bigger jumps (say -5 or +5 along with single digits?), otherwise can take a lotta clicks if you want the Pitboard at the other end of the screen.

You seem to have done away (or it wasn't showing) the "you've gained/you've lost" messages at each split, and lap end.

I like that info (I'm using your old Pitboard), as I like to be able to see at a glance how much I've lost or gained, and looking at the actual splits in more details if I've got more time/breathing space.

PS I'm not very good, (at least I can blame my keyboard) but your team mate Meanman is worse! (At least his time is). You need to tell him to improve, or else!

PPS If you can change my PB time to read my spb time, would be much appreciated. Just that I couldn't put 2 good sectors together on the same lap!
Hello,

I go on your server Yisc[NL]

Great job. I do not imagine that we could do so much with new Lapper.

I think's, many add-on on LFSLapper appear when we release it!

I am impressed !!!!!!

Now, I will be forced to put the "include" directive in the GLScript to facilitate add-on integration

Gai-Luron
Quote from sinanju :Tried your new lapper.

Very much liked the level of detail, and that you can move it about. Maybe though able to do bigger jumps (say -5 or +5 along with single digits?), otherwise can take a lotta clicks if you want the Pitboard at the other end of the screen.

You seem to have done away (or it wasn't showing) the "you've gained/you've lost" messages at each split, and lap end.

I like that info (I'm using your old Pitboard), as I like to be able to see at a glance how much I've lost or gained, and looking at the actual splits in more details if I've got more time/breathing space.

You can make bigger jumps when using right mousebutton
Left-button = -1 or +1
Right-byutton = -5 or +5

Yeah, gained/lost has been removed since the splits are far more detailed now. Maybe I'll bring it back later on, have to think about it though.
Update:

- Added option to save Pitboard settings
- Added option to read Pitboard settings when connecting to server
- Added option to adjust time for yellow split (yellow split is by default given when driving a split within 0.00.15 of best split)

ToDo list:

- Add option to check tyrechange on pitstop

Problem with !top and !near is solved by Gai-Luron.
Please do report any other problems you find or wished you have.

Hi, i've installed LFS on my server (Norsk Drifting Server) But i'm having a problem that the points you get before the first turn reset, eventhough you do a perfect drift. This is really annoying and limits the potential of topscores.

Any help would be apperciated.
Quote from Zarmaka :Hi, i've installed LFS on my server (Norsk Drifting Server) But i'm having a problem that the points you get before the first turn reset, eventhough you do a perfect drift. This is really annoying and limits the potential of topscores.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe you're slowing during the drift, and then going below the minimum drift speed ($MinimumDriftSpeed), which would lose you your points.

As a test, drop this down to a low speed, and see if you keep your points.
Tried... Ive even set it to 1 km/h to test it, and its also mostly just in that turn wich is weird. Anyone that have a fully working / configured drifting thingy can just type it in here or upload, because I'm not getting anywhere with this
Can someone tell me how to set prequalify that the avarage 10 laps is the time that shows. I cannot find where is that command function in lpr or cfg file of lapper.
Sorry on my bad english

Thanks!!
Update:

- Fixed several small bugs
- Added option to set SPB messages (every split / at the end of the lap)
- Added first code to check for tyre change on pitstops

ToDo list:

- Expand the code to check tyre change on pitstops

Please report any problems you find or wished you have.

woho somthing new finaly
need urgent help!!
Hi!
Sorry if my questions a stupid, but i couldn't find answers on them for 3 last days.
1. (preface) I have LFS DEDI running on FreeBSD in wine. All works great except one problem. After some time, Server can't send info to new connecting user saying "New guest timed out" and guest falls with "Cant receive guests info" message. I didn't found solution of that problem except of full restart of server. Now. I know that i can send command "/exit" to server. I registered action for it, but i cant find how to receive server's message "New guest timed out" So all i need now is answer: Can i, and HOW to control such server messages?
2. the second is logical from first. If i get that message in lapper, and my action is run, how can i insert a delay betwen command to send message to players and actual cmdLFS("/exit"); ?

My action:
Register MsgAction("New guest timed out",MA_net_problem); #need to catch SERVER message here
Sub MA_net_problem()
cmdLFS( "/rcm ^1^CWarning! Server got net problem and must be restarted!");
cmdLFS( "/rcm_all" );
#NEED DELAY HERE
cmdLFS("/exit");
endsub

3. Didn't found how to make multiline messages using cmdLFS("rcm...

Thanks for patience reading this and sorry if my english is bad

PS Lapper version 5.7.1.6
Hi all, its all ok to this point LFSLapper is running.. Then it shows:The following error is occurred: Exeption of Type ´System.OutOfMemory`was thrown.. and then a bunch of strings... Wat is the error? Memory of Server cant be... Pls someone give me a bump in the right direction Sometimes you cant see the Tree cause the Wood *edit sorry for crap english *edit @it seems its the same Problem as two years ago where i have test it.. *shake head
Quote from Mr.Weegley :Hi!
Sorry if my questions a stupid, but i couldn't find answers on them for 3 last days.
1. (preface) I have LFS DEDI running on FreeBSD in wine. All works great except one problem. After some time, Server can't send info to new connecting user saying "New guest timed out" and guest falls with "Cant receive guests info" message. I didn't found solution of that problem except of full restart of server. Now. I know that i can send command "/exit" to server. I registered action for it, but i cant find how to receive server's message "New guest timed out" So all i need now is answer: Can i, and HOW to control such server messages?
2. the second is logical from first. If i get that message in lapper, and my action is run, how can i insert a delay betwen command to send message to players and actual cmdLFS("/exit"); ?

My action:
Register MsgAction("New guest timed out",MA_net_problem); #need to catch SERVER message here
Sub MA_net_problem()
cmdLFS( "/rcm ^1^CWarning! Server got net problem and must be restarted!");
cmdLFS( "/rcm_all" );
#NEED DELAY HERE
cmdLFS("/exit");
endsub

3. Didn't found how to make multiline messages using cmdLFS("rcm...

Thanks for patience reading this and sorry if my english is bad

PS Lapper version 5.7.1.6

No you can't control those messages and there isn't a command like delay in the current version of Lapper.
You can't make multiline messages using RCM-command.
Quote from Termi :Hi all, its all ok to this point LFSLapper is running.. Then it shows:The following error is occurred: Exeption of Type ´System.OutOfMemory`was thrown.. and then a bunch of strings... Wat is the error? Memory of Server cant be... Pls someone give me a bump in the right direction Sometimes you cant see the Tree cause the Wood *edit sorry for crap english *edit @it seems its the same Problem as two years ago where i have test it.. *shake head

Looks like you made some kind of loop that excedes memory after a period of time.
Best thing is to backup your current config-file, start with a fresh one and try to add section by section and then test it. Other option is to disable as much code as possible by putting it between /* and */ and then activate it piece by piece and see what happens.
$Players -> Number of player that can vote ( player on track )

i haven't tried it in any code, but does that only apply to votes? i'd like to use the variable somewhere else, mainly to change $InRaceLapsVoteMinMax if the number of in-game racers is 1.

thanks
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG