The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Hey Gai-Luron,

I can't get lapper 4 to work!
Could it be that it is not supported on W2K3 64x servers?

I've tried almost anything to get it to work, and strangest thing is : it seems like it's working, but users cannot see it when logging on.

If we press "!top" for instance, it doesn't do anything at all...
I've attached a screenshot for you to see.

My only guess is, that is won't work on 64-bit server..?
Attached images
IMG-000.jpg
Hello,

is command !ver work?
if yes, do you put the correct default car in cfg file. !top need this info to work.
is splitting info work?

Gai-Luron
Gai-Luron, it doesn't even react on the '!ver'-command...
none of the commands preceeded by '!' seem to work actually.
It's just like entering plain text...
Hello racer,

You can find in the first post an utility "trackInfo maker".

it generate automaticaly your own trackInfo.cfg with information of wr splitting. You can indicate one or more coef to applie on wr splits

Bye

Gai-Luron
Quote from RageQlkin :Gai-Luron, it doesn't even react on the '!ver'-command...
none of the commands preceeded by '!' seem to work actually.
It's just like entering plain text...

Are you on track when you type your commands. I can't test because, i don't have 64 bit version

Gai-Luron
yes, indeed, we 're on the track!
None of the commands proceeded by "!" work... not "!help", or "!ver", or whatever... there is also never a welcome message either (allthough active in lfslapper.cfg)

I was wondering, could it maybe have something to do with character-sets? Maybe the !-sign is not interpreted correctly on the belgian keyboard of our server?
I see : inSim time out

Lapper seem to lost connection. Sorry, but i don't have the possibility to test with the same configuration . Try to recompile application

Gai-Luron
yes, indeed.. we get that after a few mins...
I don't really know why... got MSN? So we can do some tests?
LFS Lapper x64 Edition! ;)
For all those of you running x64-servers, this might be of interest!

After a few hours of online testing with Gai-Luron "the Great", we (ore better : he!) managed to come up with a working version of LFSLapper 4.1 for servers running W2K3 x64!

This was kind of a weird problem, as Lapper seemed to work perfectly on an x64-server... no real errors were reported, not by Lapper, not by the LFS-Dedi. But once connected to the server and leaving the pits, there was no lapper to be found. All commands (i.e. !top, !help, !ver,..) resulted into... nothing at all.

After some time however, Gai-Luron managed to recompile LFSLapper.exe and yes indeed, a working x64-version was born.

So, LFSLapper_x64 is attached to this post (LFSLapper_x64.rar) for those running x64-servers. Just replace the LFSLapper.exe in the ./bin-folder to get it working.
Attached files
LFSLapper_x64.rar - 37.3 KB - 303 views
Quote from NeoArnold :if you displays the headers of the table, the cgi is running !! now you need to check your options in the line of http. i mean, some names of the cars are change for a shorts names, maybe that is the problem, this is an example:

http://69.65.126.177/cgi-bin/W ... to=100&pbfile=fox.txt
check the source of the webstats.html example in the folder of the new 1.3 version

Yes I have edited the html file it's works, displaying the pbs perfectly (using the same pb.txt and driftpb.txt) on my webhost(i'm paying for this)

#edit made a mistake
but now i've set up my own winxp home server. With the same pb files and using the WebStats.cgi in the WebStats>bin>Windows directory which came with the zip file I only get the table headers and when i check the source its:
Quote :<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&q ... gt;<title>LFSLapper WebStats</title><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /></head><body bgcolor="gray">
<table border="1">
<tr>
<th>Position</th>
<th>Lap time</th>
<th>Nickname</th>
<th>1st split</th>
<th>2nd split</th>
<th>3rd split</th>
<th>Date</th>
</tr> //<--pbs should go here, but the function didn't seem to run?
</table>
</body></html>

dont know what's going on, maybe the cgi has a prob reading the pb.txt on winxp i suspect it might be the headers of the file or could be memory problems, would really appreciate it if someone could help
Hello

I want to know why when i start LFS lapper, after LFS DEDI (with the command /insim 29999), i see this

Can you help me, please ?
see in config
QualUsers = &./your_file.flt
Yes, I see and what can i do ?

Sorry if i speake too bad english.
Quote from alex95sang :Yes, I see and what can i do ?

Sorry if i speake too bad english.

do this

#QualUsers = &./your_file.flt
I have this

RefreshQualUser = true
#QualUsers = @DefGroup:5;5;2,Gai-Luron,gwendoline,_-ALUCARD-_,lagamel,lister88,c-quad,shimanofr,bruno7529,boby5,kevinb,edgar,berlioz,la tortue,neron59,eur-can,stff,2psbob,oliv76000

What i do ?

I have repair this problem, but now, i have a problem, I see conecting during any time, what can I do ?
Quote from alex95sang :I have this

RefreshQualUser = true
#QualUsers = @DefGroup:5;5;2,Gai-Luron,gwendoline,_-ALUCARD-_,lagamel,lister88,c-quad,shimanofr,bruno7529,boby5,kevinb,edgar,berlioz,la tortue,neron59,eur-can,stff,2psbob,oliv76000

What i do ?

I have repair this problem, but now, i have a problem, I see conecting during any time, what can I do ?

if you don't use a file for qualify by usernames, simple do that line a comment, just like that:

RefreshQualUser = [B]false[/B]
[B]#[/B] QualUsers = &./your_file.flt

Request
Is it possible to ad an extra option to lapper regarding penalties?
It's possible to set an amount of drive-trough, stop and go etc. penalties, but they are only counted after completion. I'm frequently running a server in demo-mode and I want to ban those idiots that go out the pits, receive a penalty, pit again, drive out, receive penalty etc. etc.
Hopefully this can be done in a next version? Thanks in advance.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Is it possible to ad an extra option to lapper regarding penalties?
It's possible to set an amount of drive-trough, stop and go etc. penalties, but they are only counted after completion. I'm frequently running a server in demo-mode and I want to ban those idiots that go out the pits, receive a penalty, pit again, drive out, receive penalty etc. etc.
Hopefully this can be done in a next version? Thanks in advance.

Yes ! if you want to ban o spec to each player that has a penalty you can do it with this commands:

###################################
# Pitting penalties

DriveThroughPenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

MaxDriveThroughPenalties = 1

StopGoPenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

MaxStopGoPenalties = 1

Time30PenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

Time45PenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

you can modify de MAX number of penalty are able to do (one, two, three or more). And what kind of penalties are able (drive through,s&g,30,45) or no one (like the example).
Quote from NeoArnold :Yes ! if you want to ban o spec to each player that has a penalty you can do it with this commands:

# Pitting penalties

DriveThroughPenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

MaxDriveThroughPenalties = 1

StopGoPenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

MaxStopGoPenalties = 1

Time30PenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

Time45PenaltyAction = /ban {Nickname}

you can modify de MAX number of penalty are able to do (one, two, three or more). And what kind of penalties are able (drive through,s&g,30,45) or no one (like the example).

Thanks for explaning that, but I already knew this. The problem is, a DTP is only registered after completing it. Example, I drive too hard through the pits and stayout on the track or press SHIFT+P to go to the box. Lapper doesn't do anything. So people who want to upset races by going quickly out of the pits, hit some people, press SHIFT+P, aren't kicked or banned if they make a DTP or SGP.
Change this lines :

MaxDriveThroughPenalties = 0

MaxStopGoPenalties = 0

Ban is direct to each crazy guy driving too fast on pits area
IMPORTANT: !!!

the LFSLapper 4.0 is compatible with the new Patch X2 ???????

that patch is necessary to fix some thing like this:

It was possible for any guest to cause a host to crash...
"Foi forçado o cancelamento de uma conexão existente pelo host remoto" means it was forced the cancellation of an existing connection from the remote host

can someone help me?
Attached images
imagem99.JPG
does it only works with LFS DEDI? I am trying with LFS normal creating an online race in dedicated server mode
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG