The online racing simulator
LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Yisc[NL] :No you can't control those messages and there isn't a command like delay in the current version of Lapper.
You can't make multiline messages using RCM-command.

HEH that's not a good news
However, is it theoreticaly possible to control such messages by insim? And is there some way to send multiline messages? i want something like default "Please brake in time" at the beginning of each race, but a bit more text.

I found now the way to catch that messages in deb.log - it's not ideal, but some kind of solution hope it will help. In addition to info about online racers it can help to restart server when everybody out. but ideal would be if i could somehow simply send message to players from outside e.g. shell or php script.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Looks like you made some kind of loop that excedes memory after a period of time.
Best thing is to backup your current config-file, start with a fresh one and try to add section by section and then test it. Other option is to disable as much code as possible by putting it between /* and */ and then activate it piece by piece and see what happens.

There is a fresh config-file, i have just change the password. I have found the case almost two years ago. Look at Page 2 in this Thread. Gai Luron gave me another lfslapper.exe and it has work. But.... Gai-Luron have no explain for this, cause he sad there where no changes on the file
Quote from bunder9999 :
$Players -> Number of player that can vote ( player on track )

i haven't tried it in any code, but does that only apply to votes? i'd like to use the variable somewhere else, mainly to change $InRaceLapsVoteMinMax if the number of in-game racers is 1.

thanks

Hi,

You can also use this var to check how many players are on track (or have a race slot) i didn't test it yet because i had a little ski accident last week ( broke my shoulder so i cant drive )
Quote from Termi :There is a fresh config-file, i have just change the password. I have found the case almost two years ago. Look at Page 2 in this Thread. Gai Luron gave me another lfslapper.exe and it has work. But.... Gai-Luron have no explain for this, cause he sad there where no changes on the file

On which OS are you running your server? I've got it running on a dedicated machine with XP-sp3 on it. I have 9 dedicates LFS-servers running on that machine and all with Lapper. No problems at all.
It Runs on Windows Server 2003 64bit. I dont think it is the Memory...
Quote from Tim NL :Hi,

You can also use this var to check how many players are on track (or have a race slot) i didn't test it yet because i had a little ski accident last week ( broke my shoulder so i cant drive )

quite alright, i think you gave me what i needed to know.
Quote from Termi :It Runs on Windows Server 2003 64bit. I dont think it is the Memory...

You must recompile Lapper. 64bit, here you are the Answer!!. If i remember, i say you to recompile Application.

Gai-Luron
Quote from Gai-Luron :You must recompile Lapper. 64bit, here you are the Answer!!. If i remember, i say you to recompile Application.

Gai-Luron

How will i do that??
Quote from Termi :How will i do that??

install visual c#... it's free to download, aside from burning the iso to cd...
This Tip will not really help me..
I have never to do with Programming tools like C#, VB or so..
Quote from Termi :This Tip will not really help me..
I have never to do with Programming tools like C#, VB or so..

iirc you shouldn't really need to do anything other than open the project file and click build options, choose 64bit and hit compile.
Quote from Termi :It Runs on Windows Server 2003 64bit. I dont think it is the Memory...

Hi,

I run Windows Server 2003 64bit with 6 times dedi plus lapper and have no problemes.
the "go" link for my servers on the reglapper page aren't working... it looks like it's choking on the apostrophe.
Maybe someone else has already ask this question but:

It's possible to set an AutoRestart message?

I mean.. Once i set AutoRestartRaceMn, there's nothing i can look at to see how many seconds are left before autorestart command. I can "create" an event and write text to say restart in 5,4,3,2,1..

and also.. when i reach the track change number, i can display a message to say "next restart - track change" and insert the new combo?

-----------------

EDIT:

New question: Just tested Lapper[test] server to see pitboard at work... It's really nice but... Once i saved the position of pitboard, how i can change it? :P
W8ing for next Lapper + PitBoard version!

Keep up this great work
Quote from bunder9999 :iirc you shouldn't really need to do anything other than open the project file and click build options, choose 64bit and hit compile.

I have try it, but i dont know at all wat is to do .
2 Years ago, Gai-Luron has post a new lapper.exe, this have work (same Server). But i cant use this exe in this Version (of course).
just do this, and it will works! Our Server & Lapper works on Windows Server 2008 Root Server without a problem

8 dedis with Lapper
Quote from Cr45h :
New question: Just tested Lapper[test] server to see pitboard at work... It's really nice but... Once i saved the position of pitboard, how i can change it? :P
W8ing for next Lapper + PitBoard version!

Keep up this great work

Saved settings are loaded when you connect to the server and then the config screen is brought up. If you want to change something in a later stage, just type: !config
The config screen comes up again, changes can be made (and saved if you want)
Quote from fireb0llch :just do this, and it will works! Our Server & Lapper works on Windows Server 2008 Root Server without a problem

8 dedis with Lapper

it seems i am to stupid to use Visual Studio..
Thx for helpin
Quote from Termi :it seems i am to stupid to use Visual Studio..
Thx for helpin

Okay, I received a step by step from Gai-Luron:

1 - Dowload c# dev from microsoft
2 - Instal in the Sytem
3 - Open file LFSLapper.csproj with c#
4 - Press 'F6' key
5 - The exe is in subfolder bin/Release

These steps should be done on a X64 machine in order to get a X64 release.
Quote from Yisc[NL] :Okay, I received a step by step from Gai-Luron:

1 - Dowload c# dev from microsoft
2 - Instal in the Sytem
3 - Open file LFSLapper.csproj with c#
4 - Press 'F6' key
5 - The exe is in subfolder bin/Release

These steps should be done on a X64 machine in order to get a X64 release.

Hmm.. after doing this, there is no change.
Same error as before

Edit
After complete reboot it shows another error :|
"Common Language Runtime detectet an invalid Program"
after this a bunch of Lines.
Someone Know wats happent?

EDIT 2
After installing .net 3.5 it will work now
Lapper 5.825b (beta) + Pitboard 2.x (beta)
Update:

- Fixed several (small) bugs
- Added option to set Pitboard in text-mode
- Added option to switch Pitboard off
- Restyled Pitboard configuration GUI

ToDo list:

- Expand the code to check tyre change on pitstops

Please report any problems you find or wished you have.

Server-name: lapper[test]
Password: testing
Using Lapper-defined handicaps (car-based as well as userfile-based) on one of my servers I have a request for the !top and !near lists..
It would be nice if these lists could be expanded with the used restriction for a player when driving the listed time.
Would give some extra insight on the value of the listed laptimes given the used restrictions..
bug report
hallo,
bug report:

lapper is doing autorestart durning qualification - before it ends of course, its probably problem if the length of qual is changed - lapper still uses initial value

im sorry if that was already reported
Improvment sugestion.
I think that usefull thing will be that server admin can select default pit board postion and players conected to server dont need to select it .
Quote from oldnavy :Improvement suggestion.
I think that it would be usefull that a server admin can select default Pitboard position, so that players connection to the server don't need to set it.

That was the case when I wrote version 1 but then people "complaint" they want it in another position. Now, everyone can select the position wanted, save the setting and you are done. I always have 70-1 as setting since I drive with chasecam view, but when driving with incar view you sometimes need a lower setting (when driving FBM for example) otherwise the Pitboard is over the mirror.
This thread is closed

LFSLapper insim4 Release
(2101 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG