The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from evilpimp :
If they accept debit from Canada I'll most likely be getting it very soon.

Lemme know if you are able to sign up with a debit card.
Quote from Crommi :Quick question, I've been running Solstice Rookie serie and I'm little interested in testing my feets on Legends, but will it affect my standings, SR or any ratings if I change to Legends serie for one day?

Running ovals will only have a positive effect on your safety rating, unless you really can't master turning left, it is easy to get no incidents in a race, I haven't done this in the Solstice yet.
Quote from Mattesa :Lemme know if you are able to sign up with a debit card.

I signed up with my debit card, I think all the nonsense that was stated before about having to have a credit card was just coming from uninformed Americans who like to spend money they don't have on racing sims.
Cool, so I won my first race tonight. There were several people faster than me, one guy actually passed me for 4 whole laps until he ran off in T1 at Lime Rock. I basically cruised to victory, doing rather average but consistent laps.

I have accomplished something.
Quote from ajp71 :Running ovals will only have a positive effect on your safety rating, unless you really can't master turning left, it is easy to get no incidents in a race, I haven't done this in the Solstice yet.

... Aren't the "oval" and "road" ratings kept seperate?
Quote from ajp71 :I signed up with my debit card, I think all the nonsense that was stated before about having to have a credit card was just coming from uninformed Americans who like to spend money they don't have on racing sims.

Or who think of any piece of plastic with a Visa/MC/AmEx logo on it as a credit card.
Quote from ajp71 :I signed up with my debit card, I think all the nonsense that was stated before about having to have a credit card was just coming from uninformed Americans who like to spend money they don't have on racing sims.

Which card provider? I see Mastercard on there so Maestro should work but it won't accept my card.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :...I basically cruised to victory...

Ah, there IS cruising in iracing! But is there Burgerking?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... Aren't the "oval" and "road" ratings kept seperate?

Quote from George Kuyumji :
The Oval and Road Safety Rating does VERY SLIGHTLY affect each other.

He seems to know what he's talking about.

Quote from Storm_Cloud :Which card provider? I see Mastercard on there so Maestro should work but it won't accept my card.

I've got a Visa Electron, there wasn't a Visa Electron sign like there usually is but I just selected Visa and shoved the details in, didn't seem to mind.
Damn, I really forgot to buy burger from burgerking. They only had DairyQueen and WhiteCastle.

ajp, don't shoot me, I just used what I thought. If so, I'll go pound out ovals forever, I can do 50 laps without breaking a sweat.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :... Aren't the "oval" and "road" ratings kept seperate?

There is the iRating, which is completely seperate between Oval and Road Racing. And the Safety Rating, where Oval or Road has a slight effect on each other.

The Safety Rating and the iRating are completely seperate.
I just saw this on youtube. and its amazing how close iracing is with reality. It actually wants me to buy silverstone so I can compare it while watching the race next weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz_RegNic0

btw, do the concrete patches also give you more grip in iracing?
Quote from mikey_G :I just saw this on youtube. and its amazing how close iracing is with reality. It actually wants me to buy silverstone so I can compare it while watching the race next weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mz_RegNic0

btw, do the concrete patches also give you more grip in iracing?

Thanks for posting that video. I don't know whether the concrete patches have more grip, but the bumps in the last turn look very familiar!
Quote from George Kuyumji :And we all know that corner is hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUv2iwFr-7A

Well, it's hard at first.

After a few times crashing and almost crashing (thank god there's track there of the chicane layout which saved me numerous times ) I've learned that whatever imbalance you have with your car before going uphill will be multiplied by 10 when you're going uphill.
Since I learned that simple fact, I've become pretty solid there
I'm interested in getting this. Can anyone just give invites? I have signed up on the site also, but i'm getting a bit impatient :O
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5BiRGFGhQU

Another excursion ending with the f-word at Lime Rock Park Turns out it's a bit damp on the outside of t2! Or is that considered t3?
lol @ that video. he totally forgot that corner i think (no need to go THAT wide). Btw, thats t3 michael, the left hand
Thanks

Well I just had another race in the Solstice at Lime Rock. I was in 4th behind 3 guys all of a fairly similar pace. The rest of the guys behind us were a long way back, at least 4 seconds per lap slower. We ended up passing a LOT of backmarkers and many of them had no idea there was someone behind them. It got quite frustrating, as we'd spend a whole lap getting past one guy at times. We did have some close battles but they were always broken up with backmarkers, putting one or two of us further apart. The guy who was in 2nd had a spin in t1, putting me up to third, where I stayed for the rest of the race. Oh, actually one guy lost connection infront of me on the last lap, so I guess I ended up 2nd. It was fun, but the difference in pace between the four of us and the rest of the field was too big. Also, blue flags are sorely needed, either that or some lessons on not getting in the way for an entire lap Fortunately there was no spamming ***BLUE FLAG!!!*** although it was tempting at one point, haha.
HAHA I AM BETTER!!! I WON BEFORE YOU!!! NOOB FROM MAPLE RIDGE!

Iracing defenately needs blue flags. I don't know if there are any blue flag messages shown the "blue cars" but in the F3 menu the lapped cars are shown in blue.

(I won before dustin)
ah christ...addon content is about 3 times as expensive as I thought it would be
Quote from dawesdust_12 :HAHA I AM BETTER!!! I WON BEFORE YOU!!! NOOB FROM MAPLE RIDGE!

Speaking of NOOBS.... I wonder who this is spinning out right in front of me! Haha.
Attached images
iRacingSim 2008-06-27 21-42-12-49.jpg
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG