The online racing simulator
Quote from Stigpt :QUESTION:

Will I be able to run a MPR replay from y-22 with y-30?
I got a movie featuring the XFR and I'd like to use the new interiors - but the replay is a week old

Yes, although the physics of some cars changed, the MP Replays have not been invalidated. You'll probably see more jerking on the changed cars because the prediction between position updates does not match what happened when the replay was recorder.

Quote from scipy :Mm, I hope everyone understands that giving the XFR a sequential gearbox with ignition cut has made it considerably faster than UFR, so I'm hoping the UFR gets one too. Otherwise it's a bit unfair..

The UFR got some significant updates to its centre of gravity .

Quote from Yoda098 :Uhm?

Using high res texture packs?

This looks like you have run out of texture memory on the graphics card.
Quote from Shotglass :oh and yay for finally having steering columns

Haha

Quote from Scawen :I just want to make sure everyone knows I am responsible for the UF cars, so you have only me to blame for them and I will do more updating on the UF in future. I just borrowed the dashboard from the XR so that at least it was a little modified and better than before. The UF models need plenty of work and it's useful experience for me working in the editors sometimes.

This worryingly sounds like Eric is doing less of the work. I think we're all hoping that LFS isn't becoming a one man show.

Quote from Scawen :The rear suspension geometry was adjusted so the roll centre is a bit higher. This makes the roll centre a bit higher than the front suspension's roll centre, so the roll axis is inclined downwards to the front and this should improve the handling of the car. Also with the higher roll centre there is less body roll.

Good to see some more thought going into suspension design.

Going to have a play then start digging these new values out.
Quote from bmwe30m3 :And Scawen,would you be kind and tell me the XFG steering wheel texture name?,i like it but it looks plain

Attached - the list of XFG and XFR steering wheel textures.
Attached images
xf_steering.jpg
Quote from Bob Smith :This worryingly sounds like Eric is doing less of the work. I think we're all hoping that LFS isn't becoming a one man show.

No, the UF models were mine from day 1. It was something I wanted to do, I knew a slow car would be popular.
Quote from Scawen :Attached - the list of XFG and XFR steering wheel textures.

Thank you!
Quote from beefyman666 :Awesome stuff, just checked out the new interiors and i'm impressed. I now await some uber high res textures from certain people.

Hahaha Unseen and Luathas, get your Photoshop ready!
bug or what? it freezed then bang..was like this
Attached images
buggg.JPG
Quote from Andrei221 :bug or what? it freezed then bang..was like this

Are you using high res texture packs?

Quote from Riders Motion :Hahaha Unseen and Luathas, get your Photoshop ready!

I wasn't going to mention names but those are a couple of the ones I had thought of.

I'm not very keen on the XRT's new wheels, but hey ho. Most of the other new stuff is pretty damn good, and I haven't even tested it all out with the wheel yet. Only looked at the graphical side of things;
Oh wow! Tell Eric I might have to cancel my date tonight, these interiors are that nice! Can't wait to get home from work and download this one. More updates than I had expected. I'm not a fan of the new road car steering wheel, BUT it looks "right" for the cars (dated car body = dated interior styling, too) so I'm perfectly fine with it. It's realistic, and it fits the cars. Good judgement there.

Exciting times. Good to hear about the minor physics adjustments, too. Can't wait to try this stuff out!
Quote from Scawen :Using high res texture packs?

Yes, but not on that particular track, only a few on the cars
640mb on the card
So Scawen, correct me if I'm wrong: You're the one who's modelled the UF1000 / UFR?
Quote from Scawen :Are you using high res texture packs?

nope Scawen.. after i did an alt-tab it was back to normal...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :So Scawen, correct me if I'm wrong: You're the one who's modelled the UF1000 / UFR?

I'm running out of different ways to say the same fact.

But of course I nicked some parts from Eric's cars, like steering wheel / seat / XR racing dash.
Well i had an idea,what if you could make the LX4 rims on UF1?,the 3 spoke ones look kinda wrong,but hey,thats just me
Quote from Scawen :I'm running out of different ways to say the same fact.

Hmm, sorry for being stupid about it, but however I'm rather impressed now that I've learnt that.

(/me = really bad modeller )
Quote from Scawen :I'm running out of different ways to say the same fact.

Don't you want us to know that fact? Or why are you sidestepping?
Quote from Andrei221 :nope Scawen.. after i did an alt-tab it was back to normal...

For reasons I don't know of, sometimes alt-tab screws up LFS. Pre-existing issue.

Scawen, I'm impressed to learn that you modelled the UF, even though you gypped parts from the other cars. Shows that you guys are all multi-talented. Next, will we see the three of you singing and juggling chainsaws whilst on Segways on Britain's Got Talent?

Thanks for the patch, looking forward to Z and the future. I've also got an avatar ready for Z :P
Great work guys.

I don't like the new XRT wheels, they don't suit it imo. LX4 wheels being put on UF1 sounds good though, they make the car look much nicer.

I can't wait for the Veiwer update.
nice work scawen !
Great work.
May I ask, Scawen, what does V1 only mean in list of hosts? Thanks
In today's version I have no lessons to open. (pic1)

Since Y24 I have problems only in the garage. Every cars' brake dial seems bugged. (pic2, pic3) I tried with Y and some Y test patches, but there were no dots like these. Is it for me only?
Attached images
lesson.jpg
brakes01.jpg
brakes02.jpg
If you install Y30, you cant connect to online servers with lower Ytest version
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y30 : XF / XR Interiors
(447 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG