The online racing simulator
#176 - QBi
Amazing patch Love the new interiors. But I dislike XRR's headlights. They seem to be ummm ... cut in half. Will it be changed or stay like that?

Oh btw. the idea of putting LX4 wheels into UF1 is great
I've noticed that it takes quite a long time to go on the track when i click "ready", tried only in hotlap mode... It takes about 20, 30 seconds...

Also, this error always pops out...
Attached images
Error.jpg
Quote from TG44 :swap XRT with xrg and you've got my opinion

+1

The XRT rims are...
Quote from Boris Lozac :I've noticed that it takes quite a long time to go on the track when i click "ready", tried only in hotlap mode... It takes about 20, 30 seconds...

You should also post all the lines containing the word "OutGauge" of your cfg.txt

It looks kinda silly though, udp is connectionless and lfs also isn't capable of making a faux-tcp connection with OutGauge's udp packets.
2 things (too much thread to read to know if these have been mentioned before)...

1. the air vents especially in XF cars still look very crap and ruin these 'new' cockpits (yes they look better, but still not good enough IMO)

2. The XF cockpit is a rip off of a mk1 Fiat Punto
http://i189.photobucket.com/al ... 62/beau_4076/Image467.jpg
Quote from mr_x :2 things (too much thread to read to know if these have been mentioned before)...

1. the air vents especially in XF cars still look very crap and ruin these 'new' cockpits (yes they look better, but still not good enough IMO)

he probly owns a Punto...
It's a nice patch overall.

But I get the feeling that during the creation/update of the UFR interior they got an Email notification to say that someone bought a S2 licence, and they all went out to the pub or something.

That's the only thing I dislike about this patch - the UFR. Which was my fave car, is now my most hated.

There is just not enough details on it.

It looks like you've just deleted it all, added one shadow, spread it across the whole dash - and just smacked on two gauges. Not good enough if you ask me - *shrugs*
The XRR tends to get on two wheels easier now, I am trying other tracks with it to confirm.
Quote from h3adbang3r :The XRR tends to get on two wheels easier now, I am trying other tracks with it to confirm.

That's odd. If anything it should be harder to get on 2 wheels since the center of gravity is now lower.
Quote from mr_x :

so what!?

Using various details from 'real' cars is a great way to make these fictional ones feel and look more realistic and believable, imo

E: Krammeh, UF/UFR are still very much wip, as was said, and will be updated in the future - uf wasn't mentioned amongst cars with new finished interiors in patch announcement, was it?
Quote from Krammeh :It's a nice patch overall.

But I get the feeling that during the creation/update of the UFR interior they got an Email notification to say that someone bought a S2 licence, and they all went out to the pub or something.

That's the only thing I dislike about this patch - the UFR. Which was my fave car, is now my most hated.

There is just not enough details on it.

It looks like you've just deleted it all, added one shadow, spread it across the whole dash - and just smacked on two gauges. Not good enough if you ask me - *shrugs*

If you dig though the forum you'll see that the UFR is not complete yet...so don't frett
The only thing missing now are seat belts/harness'. Would make it complete!
I found little bug with texture on XFG - see the attachment
Attached images
tg.jpg
XRR isn't flipping as easily, it's just my bad driving

Damn those BL curbs.

The XR and XF interiors are looking great! Thanks Eric!
Quote from mutt107 :help on this please

Did you get a crash address from Windows? Something that looks a bit like 0x004f52c4 or 0x00520be8 - a number like that.

Quote from Ramses :I tested in on "the corkscrew" at Aston and whole cars fit behind it that you only notice after reaching the bottom. I would say the lowest possible verticaloffset setting should be what the highest is now.

Try sitting in a real car. You will notice the rear mirror is not way up high above your head at the top of the windscreen. In fact the bottom of the mirror is just slightly above your eye height.

Quote from Boris Lozac :I've noticed that it takes quite a long time to go on the track when i click "ready", tried only in hotlap mode... It takes about 20, 30 seconds...

I think you could just delete all the OutGauge lines from your cfg.txt file.
Quote from h3adbang3r :The XR and XF interiors are looking great! Thanks Scawen!

Eric did them, not me.
Quote from Scawen :Did you get a crash address from Windows? Something that looks a bit like 0x004f52c4 or 0x00520be8 - a number like that.

no all i got was 'lfs.exe has stopped working, windows is finding a solution to this problem. sry if i can't give more info
i would like to see the handbrake, warning/hazards and other lights to be on the actual dash, if you get what i mean, not on three little leds, would be much more life like, i know its only a small change, but i think it would look better
After doing a fresh install of Y and then upgrading to Y30, I've noticed that the wear markings on the track is missing. Has this something to do with the new graphics options, and is there any way to get them back?
Attached images
Y_Wear_marks.jpg
Y30_Wear_marks.jpg
If you have your old folder you can copy your .trs files from the data\knw folder.
Quote from arco :After doing a fresh install of Y and then upgrading to Y30, I've noticed that the wear markings on the track is missing. Has this something to do with the new graphics options, and is there any way to get them back?

Let 10 AI BF1s run there for 10 mins, it'll be there again
Quote from kirmy :i would like to see the handbrake, warning/hazards and other lights to be on the actual dash, if you get what i mean, not on three little leds, would be much more life like, i know its only a small change, but i think it would look better

Yea I mentioned that as well in a previous post regarding the turnsignal spots on the XFG's dash.

Maybe the XRR's headlights are purposely designed so the remaining portion of the flip-up lights resemble that of a Lamborghini Countach's when they're up
Just wondering...

Do the changes to GTR mentioned apply to the FWD-GTR as well ?
Quote from Scawen :If you have your old folder you can copy your .trs files from the data\knw folder.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Let 10 AI BF1s run there for 10 mins, it'll be there again

Aha! So this is something that builds up over time? Didn't know that, but now I do. (learns something new every day, hehe)
Quote from Mithras :Maybe the XRR's headlights are purposely designed so the remaining portion of the flip-up lights resemble that of a Lamborghini Countach's when they're up

I'm pretty sure the XRR headlights are meant to be aftermarket flush-mount lights that are generally used on race cars with flip-up lights. Flip-up lights are a huge drag at high speeds, so race cars with these types of lights generally have flush mounted lights instead. Because there is no oncoming traffic they can use smaller, yet brighter lights that easily fit into these areas.

Here are some (admittedly, not very good) examples:
http://membres.lycos.fr/loonyq3/3big.jpg
http://www.mr2beast.com/images/NBRFQEXLSM.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y30 : XF / XR Interiors
(447 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG