The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen, if you didn't notice those posts in Bug Reports forum, here is one bug http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=832704#post832704

I tested it in Y and Y22, only in Y22 it causes bug. In Y it's OK.

This is noted, thanks.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :A bug I noticed today:

Occasionally, when a car's skin has not yet loaded in multiplayer, the model of the car will be messed up (polys going every which way). As soon as the skin loads, the model snaps back into its correct shape. I've tried to capture this in a replay, but it doesn't seem to happen in the replays (possibly because the skin has been saved by the time you view the replay?).

I know this is vague, sorry.

Seems related to the bug reported above?
Quote from gotspeed :when i close the game if i click on the credit screen lfs locks up and i have to reboot.
running y22

3.4HT 2 gigs of ram on a 10,000 rpm drive with windows xp pro sp3

Thanks, but I can't reproduce this.

Does anyone else get this lock-up?

Are you sure you need to reboot? Did you try CTRL+ALT+DELETE and kill LFS using the task manager?
Not that it is a solution to the bug but usually that should kill a locked up program without a need to reboot.
What about if you run LFS in a window, does that exit safely or does that also lock up?
And in that case, is it just LFS that locks up, or the whole of Windows?
I just wonder if your computer or graphics card might be overheating if it's a system lock-up.
In that case it would only happen if you had been running LFS for a while so overheating your PC.
Tested the bug related to the damage model

Recopilation of some funny images related with this bug: http://ligainternacional.org/f ... ex.php?topic=4423.new#new

Another bug, I can't take shots. I presed left and right control and none work. Into my shots folder I found two files, the second one has this creation date: 11/21/2007, so you can know wich version was I using
Quote from Scawen :Seems related to the bug reported above?

Possibly, but the effect seems somewhat different. The model deformation is the same every time, and corrects itself when the skin autoloads. Seems like different circumstances.

I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I see it.
Added to that bug, I was just trying it out online, and on other's screens it seemed like the car was jumping around a lot, which would explain the added damage... Also after hitting the wall, the bodywork went back to normal.
i have problems with fraps since i updated to y22.

its only when i use 32 bit resolution and 32 bit skies.
i start fraps and want to capture with 60 fps, but the framerate falls down to 15 fps.
tried with 30 fps: the same: 15 fps
tried with 25 fps: 15 fps

but when i set resolution and skies to 16 bits, all is fine i can capture all framerates.
i didn´t had those problems in y0
It's been like that for me since I started recording in LFS.. I don't think it's new in Y22. I've had to use 16-bit to record, for as long as I can remember.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Possibly, but the effect seems somewhat different. The model deformation is the same every time, and corrects itself when the skin autoloads. Seems like different circumstances.

I'll try to get a screenshot the next time I see it.

OK, the other bug is now fixed in my version and it doesn't really seem related to what you described.

A screenshot would be great, yes, or even a more detailed description of how the mesh is deformed could help me try and understand what is going on...

Is it completely random, or does it still look like a car, or a hedgehog, or just triangles all over the place? Confined to the vicinity of the car or bigger?

EDIT : I've figured this one out now... no problem, I don't need any more info. Thanks for the report.
Good to hear.
Can't believe I have to ask this, but how do I install it?
I've moved the EXE file into the working LFS dir and ran it, I get a brief DOS screen but thats all...
Did you use Y to Y22 or what?
Quote from horrgakx :Can't believe I have to ask this, but how do I install it?
I've moved the EXE file into the working LFS dir and ran it, I get a brief DOS screen but thats all...

1) Save or move the patch file LFS_PATCH_Y19_TO_Y22.exe into your LFS folder.
2) Double click that patch exe.
3) Click "yes" when you are asked about overwriting files.
4) Run LFS.
> Save or move the patch file LFS_PATCH_Y19_TO_Y22.exe into your LFS folder.

I did the "Y to 22" patch.

> 2) Double click that patch exe.

Yep, done.

> 3) Click "yes" when you are asked about overwriting files.

Don't get that. Just a brief DOS box (like for 100ms!) and then it goes away.

PS - LFS reports "LFS S2 Alpha 0.5 Y"
horrgakx, have you tried redownloading the patch? Also does the patch file have the usual black and white 7z logo? Normally when you get a dos box flash up and disappear means that the downloaded file went wrong somewhere.
> have you tried redownloading the patch?

Since you suggested it, just have

> Also does the patch file have the usual black and white 7z logo?

It does now!! It *did not* have the correct icon. Thats bizarre.
Have applied it and the opening screen is different and it also shows the incremented version number.

Sorted. Thanks.
I might suggest having a CRC generated for the patches to prevent this sort of thing, but given how much trouble some people have installing the patches I can just imagine how much trouble they would have with running a CRC check.
Quote from horrgakx :> have you tried redownloading the patch?

Since you suggested it, just have

> Also does the patch file have the usual black and white 7z logo?

It does now!! It *did not* have the correct icon. Thats bizarre.
Have applied it and the opening screen is different and it also shows the incremented version number.

Sorted. Thanks.

Then the download was corrupt. It happens.
It just might be worth including this advice (about a flash of a DOS screen and the icon on the EXE file etc) in a txt file zipped up along with it...?
Duh, but then the downloaded zip would be corrupted instead. How would you access the text file then? And the zip file + text file working, but the exe inside being broken would be such a rare occurrence, that the extra hassle and complication of an exe in a zip would not be worth it
Only a suggestion, there should be more suggestions but people might be afraid of getting a "DUH"... oh wait...
hey can anyone help me

I have downloaded Patch Y to patch Y22 and extracted it but when
i run LFS it says can't load font?
What is this - how can i fix - what should i do
You have to install it over your current installation, the patch is not a standalone LFS version.
Quote from 91mason91 :hey can anyone help me

I have downloaded Patch Y to patch Y22 and extracted it but when
i run LFS it says can't load font?
What is this - how can i fix - what should i do

Two possibilities :

1) Either you have not extracted the patch in the right place (into your existing LFS folder).

2) Or this is a strange Vista thing that can be solved by running LFS as administrator.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Not specific to Y22, but a pretty annoying bug:

When doing a layout on any track, it's possible to get into a situation where everyone on the server goes JOOS - OBJS, and no one is able to connect to the server without immediately being booted. At that point, the server has to be restarted to clear the layout and the layout has to be remade.

I haven't been able yet to isolate what exactly makes it happen, but it's happened to me 3x in the last month or so.

Sounds nasty. I'd like to fix this if possible.

Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yup, I can confirm that. It happens a lot on Aston, with the hill beside the pits. Objects placed there fall through the ground unless you place them from far away. Then it gives JOOS - OBJS. But I found that the layout works no problem in single player, and it also has no problem if you place the objects in editor mode while on the server. It crashes if you load the layout on the server though

Can you post a screen shot to describe what you mean? Where should I try and place an object so it falls through the ground to reproduce this bug?

Quote from banshee56 :To add some more info on this, DWB and I were on a server at Blackwood (BL2) and I was editing a locally saved layout while DWB was testing. There seemed to be some kind of issue where I couldn't select an object and then got the JOOS-OBJS error message. The /axclear command did take of the problem without a server restart and I went back on the server, re-loaded the layout and resumed my editing. This very same thing has happened to me probably 5+ times lately. Not really a big deal, but annoying nonetheless.

Same request really... where were you adding objects? Was there anything unusual about them? I'm just looking for the pattern, to understand the bug.

EDIT : OK, I've reproduced this. I think I know how to fix it as well...
Little bug: When you select one track layout in track select screen, press OK, then come back, select another one and press Cancel, it's like you press OK. I think it should revert back to "old" layout you selected before.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG