The online racing simulator
Quote from FL!P :It's way too much, IMO. Sounds really weird with BF1's!

It sounds weird because you're moving in a completely unnatural way in SHIFT+U mode. You're flying at great speed and with almost infinite acceleration up to and down from speed. That does not mean it's wrong.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :but now you can't have white rims :weeping:
Or is it because my car shine is 0.40?

Yeah, decrease the car shine. Try it with 0.30.
Help.

What is the best way back to y19 or even y from y22.

I have a machine that does not support HVS and frame rate is much decreased in MPR online. Please advise, racing tomorrow..

Best, Maz
If you have Y22 installed, maybe replacing LFS.exe with that of the Y19 one might be enough. I'm not sure if there's been changes to the data files for it though
The AI can drive LX4 on rallycross, but not LX6? And why not the RAC either? They both have rallycross tyres
Quote from wien :It sounds weird because you're moving in a completely unnatural way in SHIFT+U mode. You're flying at great speed and with almost infinite acceleration up to and down from speed. That does not mean it's wrong.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but when do people use shift-u? Mostly when making videos, right? And IMO, for that, the old way it sounded was much better than the new one.
Quote from FL!P :And IMO, for that, the old way it sounded was much better than the new one.

It changed? I haven't noticed anything different, but then I rarely fly around in SHIFT+U.

Either way though, some weirdness when flying around at speed is better than the alternative in my opinion (no Doppler). That would just sound wrong when the camera is standing still and cars are flying past it.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :If you have Y22 installed, maybe replacing LFS.exe with that of the Y19 one might be enough. I'm not sure if there's been changes to the data files for it though

Thanks...that worked.

But, ive lost the sky. Does not show in game.

How can i get the sky back

Best, Maz
Step controls could also have buttons on replay interface... in case newbies dont read keyboard commands =/
Quote from Mazar :Thanks...that worked.

Best, Maz

how do you loose a sky? remove the widescreen thing
#287 - dev
Quote from Mazar :Thanks...that worked.

Best, Maz

That was a bug with Y19 if I remember correctly...
You have to disable the widescreen effect IIRC.
Quote :You have to disable the widescreen effect IIRC.

Thanks AndroidXP

That is exactly what you have to do. Fixed, many thanks!

Maybe a edit to the main post re this patch is needed for Graphic processors that do not support HVS. When using on board graphics processing that do not support HVS this patch severely limits performance.

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :Thanks AndroidXP

That is exactly what you have to do. Fixed, many thanks!

Maybe a edit to the main post re this patch is needed for Graphic processors that do not support HVS. When using on board graphics processing that do not support HVS this patch severely limits performance.

Best, Maz

I think you should consider getting a cheap graphics card, partly because sooner or later there will be the final Z patch, and you will have to have it.
Cards that are powerful enough for LFS aren't expensive at all, like the 6600GT.
Hell, I average 150 FPS with a 9800 PRO, all settings maxed

That card is almost 5 years old

There's a buy it now one on Ebay for €30
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hell, I average 150 FPS with a 9800 PRO, all settings maxed

Could you tell me how the hell you manage to get avarage 150 FPS with a 9800 Pro, all settings maxed? By all settings I mean max LOD at LFS everywhere, multiplayer speedup at off, 6X AA, 16XAF, high res skins, High Quality AF, texture and mipmap driver settings. I had a 9800 pro for 2,5 years, now I have a X1650Pro(I know it's not a very fast card) but I can easily bring down my FPS to 15 with these settings at 1440x900 screen resolution. Personally I can't see how it is possible to have 150 FPS avarage unless you use extremely low resolution and hacked drivers, like Omega which turns down quality like hell.
I had a 9800 Pro for about three years, and I never managed to get more than 60fps with everything on, usually a bit less.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hell, I average 150 FPS with a 9800 PRO, all settings maxed

You have a mutant card
Everything in LFS up full, hi-res textures (only installed 'em last night though), 4x AA, 2x AF. Any higher AA/AF is unnoticeable for me, but still lowers FPS.

I use Omega drivers. Very light overclocking (stock is 324/290, I'm using 350/320). 1024x768 resolution though, I'm using a TV as a monitor

When I say average, I'm taking into account all different tracks. On Aston, for instance, I can easily get 180 FPS. But in South City, with a nice few cars on screen, it can go down to 50. It generally averages out at around 150 since the new patch With lots of cars on screen (~20) it will obviously go down to ~50 FPS, but during normal circumstances, maybe 4/5 cars on screen, it will manage about 120.

I do have 4GB RAM and a 3.5Ghz processor though, maybe that has something to do with it
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I do have 4GB RAM and a 3.5Ghz processor though, maybe that has something to do with it

That's it.
I just run some checks before and after test patch;

Loaded up AS National, put the maximum ammount of AI drivers on the track so I was just watching them race.

Before patch I was 15-60 fps
After patch I am 24-60 fps

I have vert sync on, AA8X/AF16X @ 1280X1024 so yea, great increase in FPS from a little update like that...nice one
Just a thought. What about a multiplayer setup-lock option, so everybody only can use the standard setup, or make it partially lockable, for instance lockable suspension, gearbox/diff, tires and such
Is it just me, or does LFS not support AA now or something? Pre- Y22 I was all excited with my new video card because I could put 8xs AA and everything was amazing. Now, the jaggies are back and are an eyesore.

Im going to reinstall 19 to see if it's just me.
Quote from MijnWraak :Is it just me, or does LFS not support AA now or something? Pre- Y22 I was all excited with my new video card because I could put 8xs AA and everything was amazing. Now, the jaggies are back and are an eyesore.

Im going to reinstall 19 to see if it's just me.

Yes, since Y14.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG