The online racing simulator
So another day and another group of matches, today we face Portugal, four years ago i would have been quite optimistic facing Portugal but today I have my doubts, quite a few players have retired and our best are not available especially after the way we played in the first game. Baros this year is nothing, he has been playing really badly.

I hope we can get a descent result against them through.

*awaits the game anxiously*

mad
errr, is finland at the championship? if it is maybe i could be a footballl fan the time this championship is on
Quote from Kalev EST ::chairfall

whats the funny part, i dont even know does finnish people play football at all
Thanks heaven for Greece being defeated. They are still playing their ridiculous anti-football. I don't know, how they could make it on top before 4 years. I don't like this kind of play and i'm really happy, they've lost (yeah, i have reasons for that:razz.

Quote from Madman_CZ :So another day and another group of matches, today we face Portugal, four years ago i would have been quite optimistic facing Portugal but today I have my doubts, quite a few players have retired and our best are not available especially after the way we played in the first game. Baros this year is nothing, he has been playing really badly.

That will be interresting. Since Nedved has retired and Rosicky is injured our midfield players cannot represent their quality. I also hope we can beat them, but our players are all scared of Ronaldo (from what i've read in newspaper), so it will be difficult. But one point would be enough. Let's see...
So thats every team played once and us punters have had the chance to see what kind of form everybody has brought into the championships.

So far it's kind of gone to form in all the matches. The only slight surprise was France looking so poor and the beautiful way in which the Netherlands dismantled Italy (I'm a 1/4 Dutch so I know where my allegiances lie!).

So how have the teams shaped up, imo obviously

Austria - no comment, don't want to offend anybody from that lovely country, but - lol

Croatia - viable winners until Eduardo was crocked. Lovely to watch and one of the more charismatic managers. Probable semi-finalists.

Czech Rep - struggled a bit in thier opening match, will be interesting to see if they have more to offer. Not too good up front.

France - abysmal display. Clearly had too many non-Leos in their squad. Glad to see their arrogance shattered and Domeneche given a proper wake up call.

Germany - very solid performance against their big rivals, and the strikers look deadly. They will take some stopping, and probably won't be.

Greece - was that for real last night? Shockingly poor and negative. Can only hope they bog off home with a grand total of nil points.

Italy - were my tip to win before a ball was kicked. Looked their age and no real creativity in midfield. Still no mugs, dismiss at your peril.

Netherlands - come on you Dutchies! Too early to get excited, but on that sort of form the Germans might have a proper challenger.

Poland - not even the holy goalie will be enough to save them from an early bath. Expected more from them but it was a tough opener.

Portugal - strangely soft defensively looking despite the individuals on show. Will Ronaldo spark? As long as they stop this 'rolling around as if shot' malarky whenever a tackle comes in. Cringeworthy at times.

Romania - might have been in with a chance of progress outwith the Group of Death.

Russia - harsh for them to lose their main playmaker before the tournament, then to run into the Spanish in that form. Hiddink is no dafty though, can still qualify from the group stages.

Spain - Wonderful display last night against Russia, defence remains suspect tho. If they lose Puyol they are as good as out.

Sweden - typical Swedish team with toughness and guile throughout the pitch. Maybe not enough in midfield in the long run.

Switzerland - valiant triers, a step up in class from their co-hosts. Will still be be lucky to grab a point before the end of the group stages.

Turkey - not got the class to annoy the big guns, looking forward to their grudge match against Switzerland.

So in summary, I'd love to see the Dutch do the business, but those damned Germans are just too good at winning! Honourable mention to the Iberian nearly men.
I'm sticking with my original bet, Spain, though as you say, the defence looks a little suspect. Having said that, if they continue to attack as well as they do then the "we'll score one more than you" approach could still work.

The Dutch looked terrific as well, i certainly wouldn't bet against them going all the way (and I'd be delighted if they did)

Pls, give us any of the attractive, creative teams as winners. I don't think i could bear another dull but efficient German victory.
Quote from traxxion :LOOOOL!!! Best ever one-sentence summary of Portuguese football, permanent!

Does it has something to do with your elbow?

Euro 2004 Semi Finals... (does it ring a bell?)

Holland is in a good form by the way...
Quote from tiagolapa :I know its a shame England is OUT of euro...

Yeh but look at the teams we had to play to qualify, its not as if we had to beat teams nobody has heard of from countries with smaller populations than Wembley Stadium while it was being built and still didn't manage to beat them...oh wait a minute.

Stop going off-topic anyway, we are talking about the teams that actually qualified, not England!

Go on Czech Republic!
Good game, great last goal, really caught them out with that one, but it looked like the Czech could equalise before that, just didn't happen. The Portuguese should be worried about their defence though, they are not doing good enough at the front to get away with a dodgy defence, but Ronaldo seems to be waking up now so maybe they will be good enough up front.
We were not worst than Tuga, but after their second goal they've been holding the game so much... We defended Ronaldo well, except for that one moment.
But much better than with Suisse.
And also better to lost in group than lost in quarterfinals. Let's own Turkey!
Quote from Kid222 :We were not worst than Tuga, but after their second goal they've been holding the game so much... We defended Ronaldo well, except for that one moment.
But much better than with Suisse.

Good game to watch, we certainly matched Portugal for most of the game but their finishing was more clinical as we did have chances.

I hope we will beat Turkey and progress..

Last goal was just pooo
It was boring for me, and I think 1 point for each would was more fair
Quote from NitroNitrous :It was boring for me, and I think 1 point for each would was more fair

Boring compared to the Spanish game, but a lot more entertaining than the French and Greek games, at least we had plenty of efforts on goal and some positive football. I'm just looking forward to the 2nd round of the Turkey VS Switzerland fight, perhaps they will replace the whistle with a bell, round 2, ding ding ding.
That was not boring at all.

It was the most exciting game so far IMO.

Now Hopp Schwiiz.
Good game.

I gotta say, I watched it with my heart jumping most of the time .
The CZ team was allways a menace on the air. A very worthy opponent, a bit rough in my opinion.

They will most likely go on to the next stage.

We still have the home team in our way...
wow, swiss - turkey. what a dramatic match! very entertaining to watch.
turkey wtf pwned Swits? Think so
Croatia has demonstrated how to kill a big team as Germany.

Football European Championship 2008
(510 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG