Football European Championship 2008
I can't believe there is no thread for this yet when the first game starts in 150 minutes. Are there really NO football fans here?

I personally can't wait for it and will be watching every game if time allows.

So who is gonna win the cup? My bets are Italy, Spain or Portugal.
#2 - J@tko
Well, the bloody English didn't qualify so I can't support them

I'll support the underdogs, and anyone playing Germany/France.
Ohh yeah, I'm a massive footy fan and i cant wait!

Not having England in the tournament means i can actually just enjoy watching the footy without going through the torture that being an England fan means

I'd love to see Spain win something at last, and as a Liverpool supporter i want to see the best striker in the world (Fernando Torres) come home with a winners medal.

It could go any way though, i certainly cant see a clear favourite. (though if your looking for a good outside bet I'd go for Croatia)
I think France will win, but I am supporting the Czech Republic, because I think they are outsiders and could win it. I might enjoy it more now I don't have to wait for the inevitable dissapointment that comes with being an England fan, got that out of the way early.
#5 - Gil07
Hup Holland hup!
my flag is up and flying in the window already!!!
Quote from Stigpt :my flag is up and flying in the window already!!!

Be careful, it will fall down with the slightest gust of wind and roll down the street.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Be careful, it will fall down with the slightest gust of wind and roll down the street.

hahaha lol!!!!!!!
#9 - J@tko
Euro 2008 has just finished on Football Manager Handheld 2008, and the winners were Italy, beating Sweden 4-2 after extra time

England went out to Italy in the quater-finals, luckily not on penalties
I'm not too fussed England didn't make it, I'd rather watch a team that's more interesting than a trip to a pencil museum

Looking forward to seeing Spain the most, their squad is incredible this year, so much talent... they should win it, but they'll likely underachieve as usual
#11 - JJ72
Quote from J@tko :Euro 2008 has just finished on Football Manager Handheld 2008, and the winners were Italy, beating Sweden 4-2 after extra time

England went out to Italy in the quater-finals, luckily not on penalties

on my PES, it's just got into knockout round.
Quote from JJ72 :on my PES, it's just got into knockout round.

Some interesting countries qualified too - like Iceland, Lithuania and Bulgaria. The country I'm now in charge of (after van Basten got sacked), Holland, didn't qualify

I'm also in charge of Gil Vicente, and we're in the Portugese Premier League now after 1 season

Just signed Edmundo

Sorry for OT
#13 - JJ72
Quote from J@tko : The country I'm now in charge of (after van Basten got sacked), Holland, didn't qualify

OH, Neverland.

I am playing with Czech Republic...Baros is one hell of a striker in PES. (I play with Aston Villa in ML as well.)

Don't think they have a chance of making it in real life though.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Be careful, it will fall down with the slightest gust of wind and roll down the street.

ROFL !!!

Am i the only person that would be slightly amused to see a certain Mr Ronaldo shedding a tear as he got on an early plane home?

I still haven't forgotten his disgraceful behaviour at the world cup, the horrible little winker.

Not that i hold grudges or anything
I´m a footy fan aswell. I´m going to watch as many games as I can.

There are so many good teams this year that it´s almost impossible to predict anything but I gave it a go anyway. I divided the teams into 5 groups based on their strength. It´s all my opinion though.
  1. Most likely to win - Germany, Portugal, Spain
  2. Capable of winning - France, Czech Republic, Italy, Croatia, Holland
  3. Capable of doing well but not quite going all the way - Romania, Sweden, Russia
  4. Not so hot teams - Switzerland, Turkey, Greece, Poland
  5. Austria
Ofcourse any one of the teams can surprise in both positive and negative way. I hope that Spain will win.
I´ll watch few matches, let´s see if Spain does something useful this time. I also support Czech Republic and Portugal, I like the way they play
I hate football, I dunno why are those guys kick the ball and run after them?! But if you need my vote, Italy or Spain will win IMO.
Quote from Gil07 :Hup Holland hup!

Het EK is begonnen, de remmen gaan los.
Heel Holland oranje, van hier tot aan Den Bosch
We gaan Welpies plakken, heel Holland welpt mee.
Van Friesland tot Limburg, van heide tot zee.

Alle Welpies helpen,
we plakken ons wild.
Geluk voor Oranje,
heel Holland slaat op tilt.

Het feest is al gaande, we pakken die cup.
Oranje gaat winnen, het is onze club.
Dus Wenen we komen, we komen eraan.
Want niemand laat z'n Welpie toch in zijn hempie staan.

Alle Welpies helpen,
we plakken ons wild.
Geluk voor Oranje,
heel Holland slaat op tilt.
Not impressed with the Czech Republic. They certainly don't look like the team they were when Nedved was there, and Baros was on form.
Russia! Russia!
Quote from zeugnimod :I can't believe there is no thread for this yet when the first game starts in 150 minutes. Are there really NO football fans here?

There are
but why start a football thread in a racing sim forum
Quote from BBO@BSR :There are
but why start a football thread in a racing sim forum

maybe because its the offtopic section
Quote from BBO@BSR :but why start a football thread in a racing sim forum

Hmm.

To talk about football!!

Football European Championship 2008
(510 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG