The online racing simulator
My first render using V2 :

Nice, but it took me 1h 40min to render this
Here mine HKS XRT goes (Kit V2, with hi-res LFS textures, skin by Design Dudes)
Quote from Shadowww :Here mine HKS XRT goes (Kit V2, with hi-res LFS textures, skin by Design Dudes)

Nice color! Looks like metallic or something.. Good work
Bit of a bump but does anyone know how to get the roof off the lx4. And is it possible to take the roof off the hardtop cars?
Quote from Luke.S :Bit of a bump but does anyone know how to get the roof off the lx4. And is it possible to take the roof off the hardtop cars?

You'll need to select the polys that make up the roof and detach them as a separate object. There's some on the underside of it too.. was a PITA when I did it for my 3DS scene

Same goes for the hardtops, but there's a but more work to do as once you've removed it, there'll be gaps between the outer skin of the car shell and the interior panels along with the possibility of needing to actually slice polys to get it to split at the right places.

How you achieve any of this in blender however, I have no idea.. but the basic principle is still the same

Regards,

Ian
thanks mate i'll give 3ds a try. Might be more acurate.
This is my first render, it is my team skin PRT

Attached images
0004.png
Quote from Luke.S :thanks mate i'll give 3ds a try. Might be more acurate.

You can do this exactly like Ian said with Blender, select the roof polys and delete or separate them.
hi all, great tut

had a play with it and come up with my first render, basically straight out of the box as described in the tut,
happy with the results apart from the wheels and wheel arches ! they seem to be made up of straight lines,
is there a way of getting blender to calculate them more to give a better curve ?

have looked back thru this thread and noticed that some of the renders are the same as mine but others seem to have got round this problem

any help would be great

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=57993&d=1212770126
you can try selecting the vertices, subdivide them, then apply the smoothing in edit mode.
It's due to the model resolution, originally created for a game. You can redo some of these low poly res parts but it needs some modelling skills and takes time.
I wonder about one thing... It seems that I can`t add any lamps to the scene you made, Bogey... It go to Add->Lamp and nothing happens =/
Actually a lamp is always spawn at the 3D cursor position. Maybe the cursor is too far away from the car or masked by a mesh.
How do I center the 3D cursor?
Click anywhere on the 3D area, and the 3D cursor will be moved right on the mouse location :rolleyes:
That didn`t work either... I tried to press shift + C and suddenly the 3D cursor was visible :P I got a pretty tricked out XRT now

Thanks for the help
here're two of my new ones
Attached images
XRTrenderv1.jpg
XRTrenderv2.2.jpg
hoho first realy good lfs blender scene! good job!
photoshop had a big role in those
I never photoshop my renders :P But really good work!
every scene needs a bit correction/afterwork in photoshop some times
totally agree. Every scene in Blender needs to be edited. Every time when i render something in Blender, i edit it, or tweak it atleast a little to make it look more realistic and believable.

btw Gustix :P send me some more of those sexy scenes. Oh and neon texture
Here is the neon in action
Attached images
Test2.jpg
Test.jpg
not bad, but i think there is too much enviroment light, try this with a bit darker enviroment

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG