The online racing simulator
Quote from Rocabiliz :Everytime i go to the skid pad and try to get out (by the brown fence), the car is resetted and freezes Works everytime with every car.

Don't know if anyone already said this, if so, sorry

its known and old bug...
So I changed drivers from Omega to Catalyst, but I'm still getting the artifacts after a few laps. Here's a pic of the artifacts, they really cover the whole screen, it's not playable, but once I go through it, everything looks normal again for a while.

not sure if this is related to Y22 or the hires-skin pack as i've installed both of them but,

when i race offline i get "shadow error" and all the shadows under the cars are gone
Quote from Fischfix :not sure if this is related to Y22 or the hires-skin pack as i've installed both of them but,

when i race offline i get "shadow error" and all the shadows under the cars are gone

You should install a fresh copy of LFS to rule out texture packs and such as the cause.
Quote from Sm0k3 :Ok, just installed the newest patch, but for some reason the wheels in my car are too "dark", I couldn't even get white color out, when I put the sliders to the max..
White looks like grey etc.
Everything else is working as it sould be..

The hard part of the wheels is now shaded in the same way as the car body, so if you set wheel colour and car colour to maximum (using a white skin) the car body and wheels should be the same colour.

Quote from Fischfix :not sure if this is related to Y22 or the hires-skin pack as i've installed both of them but,

That does sound like you have run out of memory on the card. Watch out for high res skins. A single 2048x2048 skin in uncompressed mode uses 10.7 MB of graphics card memory.
i dont see any reflections inside an outside the car i have 1 gb of memory

http://lfsbg.net/boss/2222.png

i'm at 1280x1024 32 bits with uncompressed car and helmet skins
You have 1GB of graphics card memory?
Not system RAM, gfx card memory...
my card is Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache 512
Agh, TurboCache. Which means that the GFX card tries to use its own and the system memory (which is awful, btw). Anyway, try to enable compressed skins and see if that fixes the problem. If yes, it simply means you don't have enough graphics memory available, TurboCache or not.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Hmm, I've a 9800 PRO, also on Omega (No idea what version, not at home). Maybe it's an Omega problem?

It's not. I have an nVidia card and I have the same problem as you. After applying AA it stays on even when I set it to "off" in game. Even worse it sets the AA in my other install of LFS (Patch Y) which doesn't even have AA settings.

Quick question are you running Vista or XP??

Scawen,

I tried what you suggested and renamed LFS.exe to LFS2.exe and when I run LFS with a changed executable name the AA is now gone.
Would appear that the issue is related to either the drivers or the OS remembering the applications settings and not reverting them.
with compressed is the same thing
Quote from BOSCHO :with compressed is the same thing

And you have this problem only with Y22? With older patches it worked fine? Maybe try to download a fresh LFS and upgrade to Y22. I have no better idea. Have you changed anything in the cfg file?
yes for the g-ball thing only.. i will try to install it again
@scawen

you were right, its the skins. i gave the ai drivers my high-res skins...
Quote from BOSCHO :i dont see any reflections inside an outside the car i have 1 gb of memory

http://lfsbg.net/boss/2222.png

i'm at 1280x1024 32 bits with uncompressed car and helmet skins

I had totally the same thing with X version before, I think I reinstalled the LFS totally, and it worked like new again. Don't forget to save the data folder when you r reinstalling LFS.

This patch is great, I love it.
Quote from gezmoor :It's not. I have an nVidia card and I have the same problem as you. After applying AA it stays on even when I set it to "off" in game. Even worse it sets the AA in my other install of LFS (Patch Y) which doesn't even have AA settings.

Quick question are you running Vista or XP??

I'm on XP. I'll try renaming it when I'm home, I'm still away
I actually LOST about 6 FPS going from 0.5Y to Y22. :-(
Quote from Methyl Ethyl :I actually LOST about 6 FPS going from 0.5Y to Y22. :-(

Take a pic from Y in same car and same track at same ''place''
and take a pic from Y22
^^^^
Same replay file is the best thing for this kind of testing .
Quote from Methyl Ethyl :I actually LOST about 6 FPS going from 0.5Y to Y22. :-(

Do you have HVS enabled? If not, that would explain it.
It's enabled automagically when the GFX card supports it.

I don't think you can turn it off...

If the card is atrocious then the FPS will get worse, but you'd need a card almost as old as me to cause that....
Y22 is incredible! My FPS in my testing replay with full grid have increased from 37 at start to 51.

The minimum FPS jumped from 25 to 37.

Track: South City Chicane Route.

3700+ 2,8 Ghz, 8800 GT, 1680x1050, 4xAA MS, 16xAF forced through driver.
Nice patch! Got me about 10-15 fps which is great for race starts. Although I have to admit that when I read the word "smoother" in the thread title I was hoping for inter-physicsframe interpolation to get rid of the judder inherant to trying to display 100 hz on a 60 hz screen.
Quote from Jakg :It's enabled automagically when the GFX card supports it.

I don't think you can turn it off...

If the card is atrocious then the FPS will get worse, but you'd need a card almost as old as me to cause that....

I guess I should have stated my question as "does your card support HVS".

And no, you don't need an old card or computer to not have HVS support. My work machine is a ~1 year old Dell desktop that uses an on-board graphics chip. HVS is not supported. Most any machine that does not have a dedicated graphics card is not going to have HVS support and will see a slow-down in frame rate from this patch.
Is it just me or is the 'xxx left the pits' lag gone now ?
Loving the FPS increase also
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG