The online racing simulator
Looks like damage, as the wheel is kinda static in relation to damage model.
I think that is not a new bug, that is something lacking in the damage system - the back of your car was bashed in but the wheel stays in the same place.

EDIT : Too late
IIRC you CANNOT damage the wheel. Same with the RB4's "indestructible" exhausts (which is now fixed).

Basically - smash the rear up enough and you'll notice the wheel doesn't move.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I don´t have that problem Maybe someone hit you in your back

its when you have a lower detail level. i have the same prob then when i reduce the details to the minimum

edit: solved, used the latest nvidia driver
Do reflection mods not work with this patch? After installing this, the reflections did not seem to be working, and my wheels had changed colour from white to grey which caused problems for a replay I was wanting to film. Reverting back to patch Y solved this, but I would like to use the new replay controls, so is there any way of solving this?
Think I may have found a bug.

A few minutes ago, I started up patch Y22 and went directly to the Master Server List, which showed up for about 5 seconds. Then after that the list itself disappeared and instead showed "Closing 1 connect" in the upper-left corner below List of Hosts. The Meeting Room button is still there.

I've restarted LFS three times so far and I am still getting the same problem. I guess I'll just stick with running Y21 until a way around this is figured out..
Quote from Start Wars :Do reflection mods not work with this patch?

I've never heard of that specific mod, but any mod altering the way LFS renders is unlikely to work now. Complain to the mod author.
I think this i s one of the best improvements in a long while. My FPS went up by 20 on my creaky old computer.
I've a Radeon 9800 PRO, and I'm using the Omega drivers + software. Comes with a neat little overclocking utility, that can change it on the fly according to what you're doing

I don't want to change to a different utility, as this one suits me perfect.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I've a Radeon 9800 PRO, and I'm using the Omega drivers + software. Comes with a neat little overclocking utility, that can change it on the fly according to what you're doing

I don't want to change to a different utility, as this one suits me perfect.

The software your talking about is called "ATi Tray Tools" (i think) and is bundled with the Omega drivers, but not actually included with the drivers...
One thing I've always wondered since Y...
Why are the colors for the FBM lcd display so earth tone? The other single seaters you can find a nice bright red, amber, blue, etc. The colors available on the FBM dash are all browns and purples and colors you wouldn't expect a display to be. Is gray the only viable option?
i was playing and suddently lfs crashed
followed by a BSOD
erro code:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Landinstelling-id: 2067

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF960000EB706
BCP3: FFFFF9800D543070
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Bestanden die helpen bij het beschrijven van het probleem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini060808-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dinsterzz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-80246-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Dinsterzz\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7751.tmp.version.txt
Quote from Jakg :The software your talking about is called "ATi Tray Tools" (i think) and is bundled with the Omega drivers, but not actually included with the drivers...

Yes, that's what it shows as on the toolbar. It controls everything relating to my GPU just by right-clicking on it, so it's really useful. I can't get rid of it, otherwise I'll be lost trying to adjust everything manually

Sorry for OT, but it needed explaining
I get "Could not load font" when I try to start Y22 after pathing with the Y19->Y22 patch.

Doesn't help if I repatch it.

EDIT: It works after I patched it again with Y->Y22 patch. But I'm 99.99% sure I had Y19 before.
Quote from Scawen :Some new keys have been added :

1) Single frame step : ',' or '.' (SHIFT + ',' or '.' = one second step)

This doesn't work on my french keyboard.
It has simply no effect.
Pic of a french keyboard layout:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... c4/French_pc_keyboard.svg

Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm not liking the new shiny rims. Matte FTW!

Aside from that, fantastic patch.

I don't like them much too but it's a small visual detail to me so I'll think I'll get used to it.
However I'm not getting used to the small text size used in the interface now. Everything seems to be lost in the middle of my large screen.
I guess Scawen did it for the setup and language menus but frankly I find it quite irritating especially when there is no option available to set the size I want.

Apart from that I also got more FPS, this is very noticeable on a populated grid. Good job
i found what made me crash and i'm not happy
the hardware didnt got enough power, it means that my psu aint good enough, result my psu is now dead :s
my third one with this pc, thank god i'm selling it :s
Y22 here...
BUG 1

1. (Serbian and English - OK)

2. (Serbian and English - OK)

3. (Klick on "?")

4a. (English - OK)

4b. (Serbian - BUG)

4c. (Russian - BUG)

Test only Serbian and Russian language.

BUG 2

Select Russian language and then back to English.
OK after refresh host list or restart LFS...

EDIT: same "BUG" for all others language, English - other and other - English...

BUG 3

After host refresh, 2x back, pause ~5 sec...

btw, where is flag for Bulgarian?

Translation still in progress so this might be a reason
I said this before, but apparently there are more people with about the same problem: when I change AA or AF settings, nothing changes, I tried renaming LFS, tried putting my 3D settings to application control, but both settings have no result.

And another problem I saw on the last page: my reflections on the car are gone. It looks like a toy car now. I get shadows on it, and a little bit of reflection, but the color stays pretty flat.
That's a great patch! It doubled minimum fps from 20 to 40 with full details now (benchmark replay) and improved mouse controls seem nice too.
What kind of anti aliasing is used for Nvidia cards? These provide 8x, 8xQ, 16x and 16xQ for example and I found 16x to be very useful since it looks almost like 16xQ without difference in performance compared to 4x.
I have a 8600GT.
flippy, what GFX card do you have, and what drivers are you using?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :flippy, what GFX card do you have, and what drivers are you using?

Radeon X600 on Omega 3.8.422 something

Not related to lfs: lately I'm getting a lot of artifacts in rbr, but today also in lfs..
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y22 : Faster and Smoother
(381 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG