The online racing simulator
Quote from Dru :Lets bring this thread up to date.

We will be running a Season 2 of the UF-Baby-R fairly shortly

We are looking for the league to be based around June, this way there is plenty of time to get things sorted and organised so that we continue to grow on the successful platform that was laid with Season 1.

With Patch Y out now there are only a few things to tweak/modify.

We will have a look at what race format we wish to adopt. but at the moment its an open forum/discussion thread... so suggest away

Regards,

Dru.

:static::static::static::static:

Woohoo!

I'm really excited about this - the UF-BR is the only car I don't seriously suck in

I'm right in saying that last season there were 3 (?) races each round with reverse grid (?). That sounds good to me for this season too.

Another good thing is that this might re-boot the interest in CTRA UF-BR - it's always fun on there.

And more team entries, as per last year?

Sounds fantasic - I can't wait. (Although it's at completely the wrong time for me - exams till mid-June, then holiday for a fortnight in July, but I'll make as many as I can!)

Suggestion: Maybe have an AX round - I think that a tight, twisty little AX course would suit these cars quite well.
Can I join

Sounds fun
Where do i sign my name?
Quote from Dru :
We are looking for the league to be based around June...

...We will have a look at what race format we wish to adopt. but at the moment its an open forum/discussion thread... so suggest away ...

This is NOT supposed to be a sign up thread...

If you have any wishes, suggestions or else on what to do, when and where to race, quali/race settings, ................ please post them here!

I personally find that with these close fields it might be important to run some medium long tracks.. shorties got boring, you don't need to race slow cars on short tracks only.

Go ahead guys, post, post and awayyyyyyy!

greetz

der butz
I was just showin' interest
#31 - Dru
I've got some Ideas that i want to share and discuss.

looking at 2 races per evening, a short 15 minute race and a longer 30-45 minute race

The second race would be with a reverse grid, but the points for both races would be indentical. The bonus would be in the reverse grid race that every position you move up your gain extra points

Tracks i'm thinking about are (in no particular order)

BL1
AS2
FE3
SO6
AS1
WE1

These are all new to the Baby-R league
WE1? in a baby-r That's going too far!

At least with the other tracks you have to use the brakes a couple of times

Personally i feel 2 races of equal length (25 min ish) would be preferable.

Just my two Costa Rican Colons ( great currency )
#33 - Dru
Quote from The Moose :WE1? in a baby-r That's going too far!

At least with the other tracks you have to use the brakes a couple of times

Personally i feel 2 races of equal length (25 min ish) would be preferable.

Just my two Costa Rican Colons ( great currency )

lol

WE1 is to do with the possability of having lots of high speed slip streaming action.
in al honesty i dont mind the racve lenth/event setup, all i want to do is race the baby r's in a leauge, maybe we could have a combo of races on short tracks in the way we had in season 1 and and then say half on long tracks using the system above
I missed out last year on this league and I was pissed about it. Really want to join this year. My new cockpit and Todd Cannon pedals should be ready to go by June.

I would like to see long tracks used. I love the close racing you can do in these cars and the multipule drafts back and forth on long straights. I think two races a night is fine.

EDIT: ah crap now I remember why I can't run this league. It's at 4pm local time. Still at work.
UK only racing
Hi all

I would like to compete in this event as well, as I'm sure others in North America and South America do but it is just too early. 3PM for me. I would like to see the time moved a bit later if possible.

This is a great league and should be enjoyed on both sides of the pond!!
Quote from Toddshooter :Hi all

I would like to compete in this event as well, as I'm sure others in North America and South America do but it is just too early. 3PM for me. I would like to see the time moved a bit later if possible.

This is a great league and should be enjoyed on both sides of the pond!!

If you moved it that much later it would be too late for the majority of the people who enter, (Europe).
Quote from mcintyrej :If you moved it that much later it would be too late for the majority of the people who enter, (Europe).

What about 2 pools of drivers? Run one race earily for (Europe) and a second race later for (The Americas/Canada)?
At the end of the season you have a race off between the top three from each division. Or the top three teams from each division.
Quote from Toddshooter :What about 2 pools of drivers? Run one race earily for (Europe) and a second race later for (The Americas/Canada)?
At the end of the season you have a race off between the top three from each division. Or the top three teams from each division.

I think there must be enough drivers first... The past seasons (Baby-R cup and May-Hem) showed us that there are racers, who will not show up, although they signed up. In the May-Hem we have had two divisions of drivers, but because we were racing with, in the end, 10 each, the final endurance race was a joint venture between both divisions. So it is, let's say, risky for a preorganise two serieses
Quote from TFalke55 :I think there must be enough drivers first... The past seasons (Baby-R cup and May-Hem) showed us that there are racers, who will not show up, although they signed up. In the May-Hem we have had two divisions of drivers, but because we were racing with, in the end, 10 each, the final endurance race was a joint venture between both divisions. So it is, let's say, risky for a preorganise two serieses

Good point. I just really want to race this series
I understand not wanting to start two divisions and not have them full.
Every series I've seen has this problem. I'll just wait and keep my fingers crossed:munching_
If enoguh people sign up, 2 divisions are the way to go. And 2 pools (Eurpe and America) would be good too, with enough people. Saw the first season vid yesterday and it seems there's a lot of action so i'd be really interested in driving. Maybe lure some teammates in too. Will see.

Any yeah, WE1 would be too boring IMO. Even the standard UFR is dab the brake 3 times and brake a bit harder 2 times (for the last hairpin and the 90° hard left after the second split). This would prolly make it 'dab the brake twice'. FE3 is Gold and SO6 is Twon, aye? That looks good then. Maybe switch the WE1 with FE Black or Green. Black is a really long track but since it's not as open it might be better.
i cannot wait for this new season to start also since my team have seen the videos they all want to come and drive too
so next season i'll be in a works team
#43 - Dru
Just a quick heads up.

Season 2 of Baby-R will still be going ahead. The lead will be switching to another organiser, but hopefully the Admin team will remain the same.

So I guess..... watch this space
Yay

When you say the lead do you mean the lead-er? , or do you mean that it's no longer run by CR? I'm cofuzzled :P
#45 - Dru
Quote from JO53PHS :Yay

When you say the lead do you mean the lead-er? , or do you mean that it's no longer run by CR? I'm cofuzzled :P

owwwwwwwww the intrigue

well, like mentioned in the UF1 thread, MY availability is somewhat limited and unable to be able to run a league. The same goes for the Baby-R, however I have been approached by another interested 'party' about running the show.

Until such times as it's confirmed I would not like to say who or what will be running it.

The series will still be organised under the umbrella of the UF Racers Club and maybe I will be a part time admin, but someone else will become topdog/man/person thingywingy
I see.

Just make sure whoever the hell it is goes over the fern bay curbs with their roller. Otherwise I'm stuffed

Btw, Team TG are ready to FAIL (epically) in Season 2 .
Quote from JO53PHS :Btw, Team TG are ready to FAIL (epically) in Season 2 .

Speak for yourself Joe!

Well I can't wait.

I'm pretty decent in UF-BRs on the KB - so hopefully with a wheel I'll be even better with a bit of practice

Cheers for the heads up dru
I like the UFR and tested the 45% air restriction. Sounds fine to me. I will join, depends on racing day and time.
Well if the 4 guys of NDR go to be the UFRC head, I would like to join the UFRC head organisators. maybe the FAIL-factor will be a bit smaller then "usual" Hopefully the guys of UKCT help aswell again, and hopefully we are going to have some [HR] and CR drivers, Mercury maybe...

I have some ideas

(an extract of it)
I'd keep it on the traditional Thursday night, making it fortnights, last race on the thursday before christmas the 1 h endurace. 8 races the season, Round 5 a TeamEvent, as well a 1h race, but with madentory driver-change
I didn't do it last season and i'm pretty competitive in the UFR, will i be able to race or are season 1 drivers 1st priority? And whens sign up?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG