The online racing simulator
#1 - Dru
UF Baby R Season 2 Info/Discussion
In early 2008, we will bring you Season 2 of the successful UF Racers Club, UF Baby-R "Fall-Out" Cup.

I would like to start a discussion thread (an open forum if you like) to discuss the good and bad points of Season 1 and what people would like to see in Season 2.

For instance, with the launch of Patch Y and the introduction of the UF Baby-R onto the CTRA servers it is likely that numbers for this series may be higher than last time.

What are peoples thoughts on limiting team number entries or should we have an open policy and have such things as lapper/tracker qualificiation servers open for the week before to see who makes the grid or should we have a multi division system?

Other things to discuss would be number of races/rounds tracks to use, sprint/feature races, enduro races etc etc.

All constructive comments will always be welcome.

Best regards,

Dru
If the numbers get large, maybe you could have qualifying over 2/3 servers like BOTT?

And what about introducing XF Baby-R ? With some testing, the two could be evenly matched
Hiya Dry,

I do see your point on team entry. That shouldnt be too much of a issue I think. They way you did it with a pre qualify made people push an practise it. I still remember first round several entered without any practise what so ever and that made terrible pillups.

For entering I think you should take 2 or 3 tracks and let people drive for a entry time. If you cant make that time you shouldnt be racing the cup. Sure this isnt to any likings but too me the fairest way to enter a league. This way you make sure everybody has enough standard too drive on the cup and you get in commited people.

Secondly I would love too se more endurance races on the cup. I loved the last race, 60 minutes on SO town was great.

Personally I dont think you should change too much the formula worked and was good. But your probably right that you get loads of people in after the launch on CTRA.
great news more fun paint swapping in UF Baby's
when's the 1st battle?
Especially limit those ZWR guys then
#6 - mr_x
What's wrong with the UF1?

To be honest, I think alternating these seasons between UFBR and UF1 is a more sensible idea, as this is the UF owners club and there are 2 UF cars.
#7 - Dru
Quote from mr_x :What's wrong with the UF1?

To be honest, I think alternating these seasons between UFBR and UF1 is a more sensible idea, as this is the UF owners club and there are 2 UF cars.

Please put the UF1 comments in the UF1 post
well tbh i think the people who stayed commited to the end of season 1 should be automaticaly allowed in if they want then the rest of the numbers made up and have prequal, but instaed of jut prequal a preqaul even which includes a heat, e.g. the qualifying awards points 1 for lowest and add one the higher up, and then a race using the qual results and the same poing method and then the people with the highest points goes in so it doesnt end up the hotlap specilists get en when those people who race cleanly dont, what i mean but the points is that if there are 30 people the guy in first gets 3- points, 2 gets 29 and so on
hey! im new to this baby r thingy... and i really liked the ones in CTRA... i would like to participate... since its a good league .
Can i Join? or i need a team or something?
I was just wondering if it were still going to be on the same day as last season? id be more then happy on a friday night rather then thursday, makes it a tad more convinient for me.
tbo i would prefer friday in some ways as i have to get up a dam site earlier that the rest of the week on a friday morning to travel to college, only thing is race in steel toe cap boots mite be acward lol,jk
#13 - Dru
Quote from james12s :only thing is race in steel toe cap boots mite be acward lol,jk

a heavier foot may make you quicker
lol,but they restrict ankle movement and mean if your not careful you eaither clutch,brake and accelarate at the same time or accelarate and brake at the same time destroying the clutch,lol, they are size 9's
I had a brain storm about those boots, hehe Take them off lol
lol, i know,i was taking the wee wee
i´m interested in taking part on this one

is there any more information availabe, like day/time, length,
tracks etc?
#18 - Dru
Quote from LordBlaster :i´m interested in taking part on this one

is there any more information availabe, like day/time, length,
tracks etc?

Its all in the 'concept' stage at the mo (bad pun i know :razz

The discussion thread is here to see if last seasons format worked and whether things need to be changed or updated, or continue in the same manner.

In a nut shell, it is likely to be on Thursday Evenings about 20.00 GMT

Qualiy and Racing totally about an hour (maybe 3 x 15 minute races or 2 x 25 or 1 x 60) that sort of thing as we did last season.

Tracks used last season were

FE2R
SO1
AS1R
FE1
SO4R
AS2R
SO5

Also we might need some addition help runnning the series and looking after the races,admin,results,media etc etc....... any takers?

Regards and thanks for the interest,

Dru.
thx for your quick answer. i posted your post inside the fpr-forum,
to see if there´s someone interested.

too bad, i have to work on weekdays and i´d not be able to
take part on thursdays... maybe as a from-time-to-time
gentleman driver, but mostly not.

i know aldi (nobo) was about to plan a GT2-cup, but it seems
he´s given up this. maybe he´s interested in helping out on
this one ?!? i´ll ask him
#20 - Dru
Quote from LordBlaster :

i know aldi (nobo) was about to plan a GT2-cup, but it seems
he´s given up this. maybe he´s interested in helping out on
this one ?!? i´ll ask him

LOL

its funny as i was just talking to aldi about joining his GT2 league this week
Quote from Dru :Also we might need some addition help runnning the series and looking after the races,admin,results,media etc etc....... any takers?

Will it be in the autumn again?

If so I might be able to do the results if you want me to, pending me being available for the series and my starting of A levels (good grief - already! ) not getting in the way.

EDIT: In fact - I'll do the results whether I'm competing or not!
EDIT 2: Me sees the 'early 2008 bit' - is that still true?
I agree with dru...traditions should go on: Thursday 20.00 UTC is perfect time (even for me, since i hardly stay home on friday nights :bannana_p)
Oh well rules me out then still pushing for the Friday though.
sound good the last season looked a good one, how many privateers can join?

i was thinking about the race format, how about 10 mins qualy, then 15 min race followed by a 30min race with the first race finishing positions as the starting grid for the longer race, and maybe have a 1 hour race mid season.

how do that sound

Edit: I may be able to produce a video following the best action, and maybe someone could do a bit of commentary
#25 - Dru
Lets bring this thread up to date.

We will be running a Season 2 of the UF-Baby-R fairly shortly

We are looking for the league to be based around June, this way there is plenty of time to get things sorted and organised so that we continue to grow on the successful platform that was laid with Season 1.

With Patch Y out now there are only a few things to tweak/modify.

We will have a look at what race format we wish to adopt. but at the moment its an open forum/discussion thread... so suggest away

Regards,

Dru.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG