The online racing simulator
the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
I did'nt say you have not driven a real F1 car, but your suggesting that tiagolapa's logical statment is worth nothing because he has'nt driven a real F1 car. Which is just silly.
Quote from andybarsblade :I did'nt say you have not driven a real F1 car, but your suggesting that tiagolapa's logical statment is worth nothing because he has'nt driven a real F1 car. Which is just silly.

ultimate point here is you can really deduce anything about the physics by watching someone drive. i mean if he was drifting around the track with the F1 car. you can then say thats not correct. but something as subtle as driving over the curbs i doubt he can tell if its correct or not considering the other varibles
Quote from seinfeld :have thrown away their LFS licence, the game that failed them, that took thier money but offered little to no improvments over 2 years.

also cars will be added each month as they are finished making them, creating non stop, never boring gameplay.

with its constant updating, not 6-12 months gap with no communication, each week there is a coming up feature of GT5.

No developers saying youll get it when u get it type mentality, at GT5 you are treated like a king, and given exclusive access into the GT world. ANd I like what I see.

sure I have been frustrated with LFS's direction and growth.

this is to the devs and I hope you listen to this as this is my final messege on here. guys you have my account details keep me on the mail list for when you make improvments I want to follow the game,who knows in 2050 when you finish the game, it may actually be worth the 30 pounds I Payed for.

You would be paying for S3 and never get the full version for free I'm assuming.. But GT5 will become outdated so dont act like it's going to be the newest thing forever..

I'm sure the crash physics are still like bumper cars and wont even come close to lfs..

Although I'm bummed about the lack of progress in LFS, I just hope for more physics upgrading.... I'm not complaining about GFX or sounds at all, but thought they set any kind of goals.

Plus LFS will be able to constantly updating any type of force feedback and keep it at top.. If the dev's jump on anything.

I like lfs, will stick with it.. But wish they could get to that level of physics they keep talking about then go towards GFX and sounds.

(in before the lock..)
lol what tyre skid sound...
its like a womans scream in a bath tub while someone is standing before the tub holding a knife up...
But in LFS you've got a really well simulated car and a really well simulated track, that's all you need!

Everything else is an accessory.
I wonder if Seinfeld knows that the online on PS3 in total crap. I got at least 3 friends who are LFS-haters and PS3 lovers and even they admit the lag is terrible.

One thing that always got me with Gran Turismo is that sure there are 600 cars, but for some cars there are a million different versions. There must of been abot 5 editions of the Skyline GTR R34 in GT4, and the only difference i ever noticed was color or a slight torque, horsepower increase(nothing major, barely made a difference).
Can you put any of the cars in Gt5 on there roofs?..................... No didnt think so SHOCK HORROR!!!!!
Have you guys saw the GT5 prologue Ferrari F2007?Man these screenshots almost look like real life...crazyness.

Just click on the screenshots since the page is in french.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/ ... prologue-montre-sa-f1.htm

This car will be in EUROPEAN GT5 Prologue version only for the cost of 200 000 000 credit.
Why this thread is in general LFS discussion and not the Off Topic bit is beyond me.

As soon as GT includes such obvious race-related things as damage (and the associated ability to use opposing cars as brakes without consequence), rollovers and ditches arcade crapness like the "Stage 3 Turbo" it'll be close to worthy of the title "driving simulator". Right now it's little more than an elaborate & lengthy showroom simulator & screenshot generator.

That's not to say GT isn't fun though. Beer-fuelled 2-player stock Viper or GT40 battles at Trial Mountain for the ultimate win!
Maybe the immersion that GT5 gives from its graphics got to him and now he thinks the game is godly...

Quote :it should have DX10 GFX, real sounds, and real tyre physics

You're joking... you have got to be joking.
one thing i dont understand about GT5, no skidmarks? how many games do they want to make, and it still has the same screeching sound from GT1, this being said i will probably end up getting it anyway because i want to try something different
I love his horrible comparison. Real tyre physics? You know LFS has one of the most advanced tyre physics of all games? lol.

This guy gets a big....huge.....even bigger then huge.

EPIC FAIL

In big red letters.
Quote from seinfeld :I want to follow the game,who knows in 2050 when you finish the game, it may actually be worth the 30 pounds I Payed for.

You ungreatfull plonker.. (with Del Boy voice )
It might actually be worth it?? You've had 50.000 miles online for those 30 pounds you paid for (probably your parents paid it, but let's not go there).
GT is not made by "one commander" as you say, it's done by 300, 400 programers and a bilions of budget..
You know what market buys consoles? The people that want just a bit of fun relaxed in a sofa with joypad and a beer.. How do you think that kind of people would like full blown simulation?
Jeeez, you've just made a complete arse of yourself, i bet in a month when you get sick of pinballing yourself against GT AI's, you'll come here and be embaressed at what you said here...

Btw, just record us a video of you doing donuts or flipping a car on the roof, or tires getting blown up/dirty, or loosing the grip going back on the track from the dirt.. etc, etc..
I can already imagine the devs laughing their ass off.
If LFS wasn't worth the £30, why did it take you 2 years to realise this?

I like the GT series, even though it's hardly a simulator it's just been a game i've allways liked for some strange unknown reason. Though I still can't beleive they're going to release the prologue with hardly any contect compared to the main game and actually sell it for so much money.

One has to wonder how you can complain about £30 on S2 for 2 years, when your spending something similar on a completely unfinished game.
well thanks guys for acknowledging that I have some valid points, and I do realize that some of you dont agree with me. for the guys that watched that video, it did have assists on, because the cars dont handle like that with it in simulation mode, and no steering help. I also turn off all acs (stability) and no TCS, and I am so amazed with it, when my roommate comes home with a digital camera, ill get him to record me while playing it on a g25, and ill show you how the over and understeers is, also the smile on my face as well.

I know that when I bought this game i was investing in it, not buying a full game, but that was 2 years ago, and it hasnt come very far since then, even investors even High risk investors like to see some progress or regression sure some patches have been rolled out. but in todays market, thats just too long, and the graphics are inexcusable for the level of technology we have, it should be DX10 capable by now even just DX9 would be great.GFX like (and i do mean like not the actual game here) Need for speed underground 2 or similar should be the level most games should be at. I do commend the devs for finally getting AA and AF into the game, although it offers nothing really with the current engine which suggest this is the start of a GFX revamp, and I really hope so guys.

to all the guys that like to be rude and mean, you are of course entitled to your own opinion, and I know you are all hardcore devoted fans to LFS, and I commend you for sticking up for the devs and the game, but comon you must admit your frustrated with the current offering.

someone said that if the devs released a new S3, and I would be upset that I would pay another 30 pounds, well no I wouldnt I would have no issues about giving the guys some extra cash to keep it going, and im sure it would be worth it (S3)

and as i said australia has next to noone racing anymore, I have to race on UK, USA servers all the time with +200 pings, unless i wana drift then its a diff story.

as i said LFS is going on my top shelf of games, only the best of games go on the top shelf, and they can be brought down to be re visited especially if there is a patch.

someone just called me ungratefull, how am i ungratefull, I payed for the game just like you, and I have my expectations, and they havent been met im afraid.
it doesnt mean im ungratefull as i said
LFS was there when i was bored, LFS was there when I was sad, LFS was there when I wanted to race, scawen, and victor were there when i had problems and corrected them instantly, so no im not ungratefull im extremly gratefull for the time we had, and the game was good. so dont call me that, because its not true at all
Quote from BlakjeKaas :consoles = autofail on 'sims'. (except the sims, which is less fail)

I'm happy I don't have any consoles, useless junk.

Actually nothing prevents from making a real sim for consoles. But I guess there really aren't real audience for it. A casual gamer wouldn't choose it instead of GT5, because GT has reputation and it has the "real driving simulation" sticker on the cover.

There's lots of odd things with GT5 physics... but on top of all is how the cars TAKE OFF and literally FLY everytime in that "Eiger Nordwand" track in that dowhill slope. I guess this is Kazunori's favourite video in youtube.

look at 1.46: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cjx1nDwKWFI

and still not possible to do real donuts: http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-40mQPFULk

Obviously no surprise, much has changed but the physics are still based on the old assets from GT4.
Browsed through the youtube videos and stumbled onto this http://youtube.com/watch?v=2t5YQXGQl54 That looks at least a decade ahead of GT4. Yes i know the tire sound is ****ing annoying (excuse me) but the overall look of physics is a lot better than it was in GT4. A little reminder. GT4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahoYp1UvX7A I think i just displaced something while laughing.

Anyway, i can't wait to get the chance to try GT5.
#70 - aoun
Ive read half of the posts in this Thread, and don't think I'm for or against GT series, but you all seem to be missing the point. It doesn't matter who created the game, just because Scavier did a good job from 3 people, doesn't mean they did a better job compared to a company to did a faction better. In the end, the company did a better job and thats that!

Yes there is the fact imagine if Scavier had the same amount of people, money, rights etc, there would be no need for real life lol, but in the end, theres no could ofs, should ofs, ifs or buts. The fact is, the company did better.

Company = Anyone as an example IF there was any better game out then LFS.

Company does not = GT, if you all thought i ment them.

LFS IMO is still better then the GT Series, but not because they did extra ordinary for 3 people. If GT5 (FULL) is better then LFS, i wouldn't be playing this game anymore, simple. No need to, what for? Because LFS did a similar job with 3 people?

Would anyone here buy a sim card from someone like Vodafone or Telstra thats ALMOST similar but just a tad not as good, because they created the network with 3 people? I feel sorry for you if you do.
Quote from seinfeld :This shows what is capable by 1 man who commandears help from people that can help, this is how a game should be made, by a group of people being guided by the creator. it took the owner of this game 1 year to get GT5 prolouge out, it has 60 cars, and 5 tracks, +reverse, and also different configs of those tracks. I guess im just saying that when you look at LFS's progress, even for a part time game, and less manpower, LFS should be finished by now.

This bit really cracked me up. Do you have any idea how much it costs and how big the dev teams are making these games?
I for one know LFS development isnt best, but does anyone here acutally realise how hard game development is?
#73 - JJ72
Quote from Taavi(EST) :Browsed through the youtube videos and stumbled onto this http://youtube.com/watch?v=2t5YQXGQl54 That looks at least a decade ahead of GT4. Yes i know the tire sound is ****ing annoying (excuse me) but the overall look of physics is a lot better than it was in GT4. A little reminder. GT4 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ahoYp1UvX7A I think i just displaced something while laughing.

Anyway, i can't wait to get the chance to try GT5.

yup it's alot better than GT4, but still hardly good enough to keep you strap in for over an hour.

Testing out different cars are intially fun, but the he moment you start to push it properly the tire physics just smack you in the face.
But it's the first GT i actually want to try.
Quote from speedway :thats the most ridiculous tire squeal i've heard in a long time

Now who's the least professional? Sony or the LFS devs?

the GT5 Prolouge thread
(400 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG