The online racing simulator
my first renders ... (sorry 4 my english im spanish )

the first its modified FXR

Bye!
Attached images
FX GTR - IsIs ControL (Ensanchado).jpg
FX GTR - IsIs ControL.jpg
Quote from skybotter :my first renders ... (sorry 4 my english im spanish )

Bye!

oh nice! i like that widebody!
Quote from skybotter :my first renders ... (sorry 4 my english im spanish )

Bye!

Nice looking headlights. Can we see a closer shot?
UF1 pick up
my team mate Mario Dallacurva has doing this:
Attached images
ULISSE.JPG
Nice to see my old UFP.
A couple of renders of XRT. Skins were from someone in the 'render my skin' forum.
Attached images
XRT_ZamilLFS_01_render.jpg
XRT_ZamilLFS_02_render.jpg
Quote from samyip :A couple of renders of XRT. Skins were from someone in the 'render my skin' forum.

The whole thing looks good excep tmaybe for the smoke on front tires. I rarely seen a 4WD XRT so unless you locked the wheels there's no reason for having smoke there.
Quote from LineR32 :Nice to see my old UFP.

OH NO!, it's your works?

if so i'm sorry, now i got to kick my mate a...
It's no prob mate, I uploaded the scene for others to use.
Skins team
Attached images
TBF1.jpg
TBF2.jpg
Nice skin, and could u PM me about that scene settings ? Looks nice.
Renderer testing:

Blender+Indigo
The scene (unfinished) is from me, the driver comes from NFS®™©©®

There are some black patches on the body. I've already removed ones by sharping some edges, but how did the 3dsmax gurus to remove them completely? By adding some polys on "too-sharp" smooth edges?
Wow, very goodlooking job.
RIBO Formula BMW render
Nice render, it looks real on the thumbnail.

but i didn't unserstand the issue about black patches.Why are they there? They should not be there on the original model. And what do you mean by "sharping edges"? removing polygons?

Quote from Bogey Jammer :Renderer testing:

Blender+Indigo
The scene (unfinished) is from me, the driver comes from NFS®™©©®

There are some black patches on the body. I've already removed ones by sharping some edges, but how did the 3dsmax gurus to remove them completely? By adding some polys on "too-sharp" smooth edges?

Quote from Bogey Jammer :
[ snip ]

Smoothing groups.

Don't know how this is controlled in blender, but in 3DS, it's just a case of selecting 1 (or more) of 32 buttons.

The problem is that the groups don't get exported 100% from CMX->* and it ultimately tries to smooth some areas that shouldn't be due to certain angles.

If blender doesn't have smoothing groups, you'll need to select certain polys and detach them as elements to create a sharp edge and to break the smoothing. The XR* cars in particular suffer from a lot of this. Also gets monotonous fixing it over all cars, but worth it in the long run

Regards,

Ian
I think Ian is quite right, I do think it is smoothing groups too.
If working in 3ds max, I will detach the doors to the body as seperate objects, so the car body's smoothing group will not affect the door's smoothing groups. Then auto smooth the door's smoothing group with a default of 45 degree.

The indigo render looks very nice!
Just made a couple of changes to the RB4's look, still some more to do to it though.
Attached images
RB4 Mk2-2.jpg
RB4 Mk2.jpg
wooh beta tester FTW! (he knows what im talking about)
Damn, looks like i need to get back to study 3ds, because im missing uber JDM tyte cars @ LFS. :|
New wallpaper for me LineR32. Keep it up!
Just updating the 1st render with 1280x1024 version, 2nd render is already updated. Also gonna add PS'd versions of them.
Attached images
RB4 Mk2 wireframe.jpg
RB4 Mk2-2 Wireframe.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG