The online racing simulator
Quote from ZORER :Nice render, it looks real on the thumbnail.

but i didn't unserstand the issue about black patches.Why are they there? They should not be there on the original model. And what do you mean by "sharping edges"? removing polygons?

The renderer seems to be sensitive to too much bended smoothed surfaces. In 3ds max smooth groups are used to define smooth surfaces but with Blender we just have to select the edges which have to been sharpen from the rest.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Manual/EdgeSplit_Modifier

Thanks for the others for advices, but I think it's an Indigo problem...
Looks cool liner!
Hey guys, i did my first two renders today, i don't know how to change the skin on Ianh's pre made scenes, i go into material editor, then find XRT, then click on add skin, then click on enviroment, then click on bitmap and locate my skin, but when i render its still purple?
im using 3DS 7, if anyone would like to help me, my msn is michael_chapman93@hotmail.com, i'm really keen to figure out how to do this, so all help is very much appreciated.
Thanks Michael.
Edit: renders are in 600*450 because i didnt want to wait for ages.

Edit 2: ok, i got the skin bit, i wasnt clicking the box next to difuse, next question, how do i delete or hide the rims? so i can put some nice new ones on, and is it possible to remove the spoiler? if so how?
Thanks Michael.
Edit 3: ill upload the new renders
Edit 4: also, does anyone know how to make a reflective floor?
Thanks Michael
Attached images
Garage with XRT.jpg
XRT close up.jpg
My skin small black.jpg
My skin small white.jpg
The shines on the purple car are strange, they show a bright outdoor scene rather than the dark roofed garage...
He's prob left the reflection plane in the scene when he merged the car into it.
hey Bogey Jammer! I'm trying your free kit but I don't know how did you export it to indigo... maybe you could help me? it gives me a error about the interior texture
If you are using Blendigo exporter then re-browse each texture file because it doesn't support relative filepaths (however Indigo itself does...)

A ricers dream
Haha, sure about that.
bmwe30m3, that is fugly.
the bodykit is too high
  1. no more speedbumps.. check
  2. no more shapes.. check
  3. ruin the car's bodyflow check
  4. create a piece of shit check
  5. Loads of fake stickers still to come?
  6. Paint stripes on it still to come?
Yup, it's a ricer's dream
Quote from Bogey Jammer :The shines on the purple car are strange, they show a bright outdoor scene rather than the dark roofed garage...

yeah i probebly did that, i donno what a reflect plane is yet. but it makes it look like it has no roof.

Quote from LineR32 :He's prob left the reflection plane in the scene when he merged the car into it.

which part is the reflecton plane? ill ask you on msn
The reflection plane is the white plane above the car.
:uglyhamme more renders
Attached images
FX GTR - ISC Tuning.jpg
XRR GTR.jpg
XR GTR & FX GTR.jpg
FX GTR + XF GTR.jpg
I thought xrt needs a bit different look
its still WIP much more to come
(btw my lightning always sucked)
Attached images
xrt drift style test.jpg
nice! looks awesome, im having a go at making my first scene atm i've got new wheels and a spoiler (thanks beefy ) i dont know how to sculpt the body yet, but i have to learn the basics first.
Quote from e2mustang :I thought xrt needs a bit different look
its still WIP much more to come
(btw my lightning always sucked)

The lighting doesnt suck lol :P nice one!
bodykit looks like 240sx Keep us updated!
my first scene, its kinda a WIP im not sure if its finished yet, but i like it.
thanks to beefy!
Attached images
XRT complete.jpg

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG