The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Jacky-boy sued them for that addition though, so there's no saying the lawyer scene will make the final cut of the game.
I've been watching this one for a while and I'll be picking it up for the 360 when it comes out.

But Mafia 2 is still gonna kick it's ass

Quote from 11SuLLy11 :PS3 right ?

Both 360 and PS3. But M$ paid a lot of money for a load of exclusive download content, so odds are if there's some patches then the 360 owners will get them a long time before the PS3 guys. I think they'll still get them eventually but I could be wrong.
I've heard the same thing. Some content will be xbox360 exclusive and left out on the PS3 version. Glad i have an xbox...
The game launch content is the same, it's just the patches that are exclusive for like 6 months or something.

The one positive spin the PS3 owners have is that by that time everything will have been bug tested so there will be fixes in place by the time they get it

But see a game like GTA is exactly where I think we should have cross-platform multiplayer. PS3 vs 360 on the streets of Liberty City. I bet it'd be like real-life gangs and stuff, there'd be hit squads and crap

[Edit: CVG's hands-on makes it sound fantastic too]
Cross platform fails on so many levels though, they tried it with PES and nobody used it after the first week because it was so laggy and crap. Besides I don't want to play with the people who wasted money on a PS3, its thier fault the game was delayed in the first place, I am firmly in the Microsoft xbox camp now. Oh and its not just patches, MS wouldn't pay $50million to secure exclusive patches, they are big add-on mission packs with a minimum of 10 hours gameplay each.
The PES lag was on the PS3 beause of crappy programmers. CoD4 seems to be running a treat on both platforms, and they're pretty identical. It'd just be great to extend the multiplayer experience that way.
And I think GTA would be the ideal environment for the 360 vs PS3 war
It wouldn't last long though would it, the Japanese are not very good at the whole war thing, Microsoft is American, and GTAIV is their style, go in guns blazing and blow stuff up. I am just looking forward to some epic gun battles online with my mates.
I'm sure there's plenty of PS3s across the US and Europe as well. In fact, they recently passed the 1 million sales mark in the UK alone so they can't be doing badly.
It'd be so cool with like 64 players on a server, 32 carrying a MS/360 flag, 32 carrying a Sony/PS3 flag. Bloodshed everywhere.
"cell FTW!!11 doood!¬!1"
"ZOMG noob Blu-ray suxxx!!11!"
etc etc
GTA 1 & 2 and SAMP were fun, but otherwise they just suck tho.
But these new trailers kinda reminded me about old good Mafia and this looks like interesting.
Seems like those new graphics doesn't make you anymore think that you are in little toy world.

If there would be first person camera option or they make third person more like in Mafia, I will consider getting this. Maybe.

But, maybe it is time to install Mafia again.
Quote from Bob Smith :I know our technology beats GTA:SA

Excuse me , but that's hardly a massive achievement (is it? I don't know it just seems that it isn't that hard to beat technology that is a lot of years old)

Anyway - really interested in your working title... any details?
Really cant wait for GTA. Sounds great. I was so pleased to hear it is using the euphoria physics engine. It is a very realistic engine.

Im gonna be picking this up for 360, and then PC at a later date. How about you guys?
It looks great, i won't be allowed to buy it, but my cousin definetly will and i'll just go to his house and play it.
Me for the PS3, not for PC cause i think GTA series are console games were u have to go relaxed in your sofa and game with the gamepad
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Really cant wait for GTA. Sounds great. I was so pleased to hear it is using the euphoria physics engine. It is a very realistic engine.

Im gonna be picking this up for 360, and then PC at a later date. How about you guys?

Just wondering..why are you getting it for both? abit of a waste of money :P

Ps3 for me, dont think my pc would run it
Quote from squidhead :Excuse me , but that's hardly a massive achievement (is it? I don't know it just seems that it isn't that hard to beat technology that is a lot of years old)

I never said it was a massive achievement, I just said if we're both moving the game on, it's interesting to see who can push furthest. Very likely Rockstar, as this is our first game in this style, and has been a big learning curve for the team.

Quote from squidhead :Anyway - really interested in your working title... any details?

I could go on quite a bit but a) that would be getting off-topic for this thread and b) I'm pretty sure my contract forbids me for telling such things.
I watched a fake commercial on the site for a hybrid car, and they showed some sports cars in it. They look amazing. One was almost exactly like an Aston Martin(front was exactly the same but couldn't see back).

this video:
http://www.rockstargames.com/I ... ttante&content=video0
Quote from Rappa Z :I watched a fake commercial on the site for a hybrid car, and they showed some sports cars in it. They look amazing. One was almost exactly like an Aston Martin(front was exactly the same but couldn't see back).

this video:
http://www.rockstargames.com/I ... ttante&content=video0

Hehe, I love how it keeps the comedic style with radio commercials in previous GTA installments. Every scene has something bad happening to someone and/or the car
See this is the thing that no other title has been able to match, the comedy of GTA. You can match it technically, and with the gameplay, but nothing comes close to the constantly hilarious things that you see and hear in the game. This video shows what it will be like if you drink too much in the game, looks very funny.

http://www.rockstargames.com/I ... ellicR&content=video0
#69 - CSU1
Quote from Gunn :I thought that last release in the series looked great too, but it turned out to be the worst game ever made. AI behaviour was rediculous, player movement was rediculous and the general plot was terrible. It will take more than fancy graphics for them to win my money this time around. The legacy of the series is the open plan gameplay, the ability to make your own decisions and more or less play freely or follow set missions as you desire. San Andreas was clunky and annoying and nothing in the game made up for that. All they needed was to adhere to the GTA VC method and improve the graphics without ruining the excellent gameplay that they had become famous for.

Quote from pb32000 :GTA IV will also be released on the xbox360. Microsoft have said the 360 wont use hd-dvds for games so you can assume this will fit on a normal dvd.

I agree with Gunn, SA was so clunky and pretty badly made its not really much fun. I have it on the xbox and the pc and it really only got played on the xbox as its just something you can mess around with for 30 mins without playing it seriously, whereas I take my pc games pretty seriously lol.

It also seemed to be pretty badly optimised as my pc back then struggled to play it smoothly, and was fairly high specced

Pfff, have you two ever even heard of SAMP? noones mentioned yet

OT:

Nine hundred hours of play in Vice City my gf threw the telly down the stairs! > then me went and got a job

...a couple of hundres of hours in SA/SAMP too, I'd fly around for hours sight-seeing in the Raindance.

the next one's going to be a biggie, ican feel it(can't wait )
Quote from (-Mark-) :Just wondering..why are you getting it for both? abit of a waste of money :P

Ps3 for me, dont think my pc would run it

Im getting it on xbox so i can mess about with it with my mates. We regulary come round mine after a night out, get some drink and lay back and play on the xbox.

Im getting it on PC as well, as i can have better graphics (more AA/AF) and all that malarky, but hopefully, some mods might be available for it at some point, so then i could add mods.
Quote from CSU1 :Pfff, have you two ever even heard of SAMP? noones mentioned yet

OT:

Nine hundred hours of play in Vice City my gf threw the telly down the stairs! > then me went and got a job

...a couple of hundres of hours in SA/SAMP too, I'd fly around for hours sight-seeing in the Raindance.

the next one's going to be a biggie, ican feel it(can't wait )

Well I imagine no one mentioned it as those posts are nearly a year old. How is your post* any better sorry?

Took a quick look around the site today, really can't wait to play it. Housemates and I are gona have to get a 360 for this, no doubt about it :P

*and tbf this one**

edit: ** I think you will find actually my post was in response to Nuse saying it may contain around 10GB of data, which I will add could be true, as the 360 version will be on dual layer dvd. Thus henceforth try actually getting some meaning behind your post, and then maybe lose the hypocrisy.
Anyone else finding the "Multiplayer"-Button on Rockstar's site intriguing? I wonder if they implement it this time...

I promised myself never to buy a game over € 30,00 anymore... Seems like I have to make an exception for this...
Quote from bbman :Anyone else finding the "Multiplayer"-Button on Rockstar's site intriguing?

It's the thing that excites me most of all. Open ended roaming the city warfare here we come!!!*

*May not actually have open ended roaming city warfare.
Lots of great funny stuff on the GTAIV site
i am getting that game for the 360!!!!!!!! woot lol....

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG